Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406664 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3645 on: September 10, 2013, 01:24:34 PM »
It has long been decided that LOS would be called Akumajo in Japan,  in this forum posted this new, LOS1 created confusion with his name in Japan and decided to adapt it so that everyone recognized as part of the Castlevania series in Japan.

Summary: do not be head explode, it's just a decision of markenting (and very old).

Bergaron, if what you are saying is true, so Cox like to be drunk while tweeting:

Stanislav Plakhov: Mr.Cox can I ask you a question? Why CLoS wasn't released in Japan as a part of Akumajo Dracula series. Just curious.

David Cox: Because it's not part of the Akumajo Dracula series.

Stanislav Plakhov: Simple. But isn't it a part of Castlevania series which is kind of... you know, the same thing (to me at least).

David Cox: It's not the same thing. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow has nothing to do with Akumajo series. It's completely separate.” It's a whole new approach, a new brand that uses certain DNA from previous CV games from the series but it isn't part of it. its set in a separate universe. It's doesn't follow any other CV game. Make sense now?

From: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4325.msg92279.html#msg92279
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3646 on: September 10, 2013, 03:17:14 PM »
Bergaron, if what you are saying is true, so Cox like to be drunk while tweeting:

From: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4325.msg92279.html#msg92279

I never ever understood that then it's not cv at all wth ?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3647 on: September 10, 2013, 03:32:39 PM »
It's not the same thing. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow has nothing to do with Akumajo series. It's completely separate.” It's a whole new approach, a new brand that uses certain DNA from previous CV games from the series but it isn't part of it. its set in a separate universe. It's doesn't follow any other CV game. Make sense now?
Wow... arrogant as always.
And why do they release a game now under the Akumajou Dracula brand?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3648 on: September 10, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »
+1

Thats why Im clueless and annoyed, since he said this even before MoF release and now plans to use this name.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3649 on: September 10, 2013, 04:59:11 PM »
+1

When it comes to this statement I just do not see any sense as to why Cox would say this. Maybe he has no sense or maybe to truly understand this one has to have no sense at all..... But then again what is sense?

DUN-DUN-DUUUUN!!! Sound Effect
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3650 on: September 10, 2013, 05:44:22 PM »
I would be interested to know sales of Lord of Shadows in Japan. I know that sales in Japan for Castlevania are pretty bad so maybe with Castlevania Lord of Shadows they tried to restart it by branding it Castlevania instead of Demon Castle Dracula. However maybe due to lack of sales for LOS1 in japan or Konami management led to it being rebranded again as Demon Castle. At least I think that is a possibility. Cox is a producer for Lord of Shadow series but I am not sure he has full control over the marketing especially in Japan.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3651 on: September 10, 2013, 06:01:05 PM »
I would be interested to know sales of Lord of Shadows in Japan. I know that sales in Japan for Castlevania are pretty bad so maybe with Castlevania Lord of Shadows they tried to restart it by branding it Castlevania instead of Demon Castle Dracula. However maybe due to lack of sales for LOS1 in japan or Konami management led to it being rebranded again as Demon Castle. At least I think that is a possibility. Cox is a producer for Lord of Shadow series but I am not sure he has full control over the marketing especially in Japan.

If I'm not mistaken, Lament of Innocence was also called "Castlevania" in Japan. So they tried it once before. Dunno how that was recieved though.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3652 on: September 10, 2013, 07:09:52 PM »
From what i understand, using Castlevania in japan was iffy, because it's english. it's also a play on words, so not many people understood what "kyassurubania" was supposed to mean.

As for Cox, I think he was just talking out his ass. AD and Castlevania are the same thing, it's like Mega Man vs Rockman. Thats all. he was just trying to buzzword. I dont think even he really knew what he was saying.

i don't see how thats arrogant, saying it's a new universe that takes inspiration from previous CV games.. Sounds like a typical marketing bit.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3653 on: September 10, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »

LoS PS3

LoS 360

16./00. [3DS] Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate <ACT> (Konami) {2013.03.20} (¥4.980) - 14.138 / NEW

---

Not too shaby AT ALL. The name change makes no fucking sense.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3654 on: September 10, 2013, 07:20:24 PM »
i don't see how thats arrogant, saying it's a new universe that takes inspiration from previous CV games.. Sounds like a typical marketing bit.

How you couldnt know since you've explained it so well now? Its like saying that Mega Man isnt Rockman, when in reality it is. If he had said Lords of Shadows isnt Akumajou Dracula then that could be more understandable and would not be arrogant.

The problem isnt what he said, is how he said.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3655 on: September 10, 2013, 09:04:08 PM »
I still don't see the arrogance. He was trying to set his continuity apart from the rest. He went about that in a terriblt confusing way though, which doesnt make much sense in hindsight, but it's not arrogant... Just.. silly. or stupid.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3656 on: September 10, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »

Because is Cox, He says what he has to say at the right time for any of his interests.

Also asserts that LOS2 resembles SOTN, lie.

Said the duration of LOS2 exceed LOS1, now says it is like, when it's actually like but a couple of hours less.

He said there no would be more characters in LOS2.

He said it was Alucard Trevor (now says that as trevor died, actually technically he is not Alucard ..)

he said MoF would not release another console than 3DS (MS lied here too ...)

<<< Put in this space Cox lie that you like >>>

Cox has long had one foot out of Castlevania, business decisions are taken now Konami Japan

P.D. LOS sales were very low in Japan, but this is normal is not a game for Eastern, Western games dislike in Japan, as Gears of War, God of War....., so Konami put Akumajou named it, some will fall into the trap xD.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:48:59 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3657 on: September 10, 2013, 10:37:39 PM »
Names are names, Castlevania, Akumajo Dracula...

HoD, AoS, LoI are Castlevania Games in Japan, yet DoS was Akumajo Dracula Despite having less to do with the castle or Dracula.

he said MoF would not release another console than 3DS (MS lied here too ...)

Uuum, no... The HD release was sealed when Cox said the HD version was already finished just as it released.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:40:00 PM by KaZ »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3658 on: September 10, 2013, 11:56:29 PM »
P.D. LOS sales were very low in Japan, but this is normal is not a game for Eastern, Western games dislike in Japan, as Gears of War, God of War....., so Konami put Akumajou named it, some will fall into the trap xD.

Ooohhh... we'll see when it launches.
I just hope I am right on time for my trip when it launches in japan to see it first hand.
Will it launch on the first week of February 2014?  ;)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #3659 on: September 11, 2013, 06:07:33 AM »
I don't get it, I tought that Lords was called Akumajou in japan? or Mirror of Fate or something? I remember some outrage about that here.

Everything comes full circle

anything