Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406221 times)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3705 on: September 17, 2013, 02:41:34 AM »
Look at this. I think that he is Alucard because he has a fucking hole in his chest. Or maybe is another Belmont in LOS2. It was in an article that was about Dracula. The file is named drac06 or something like that, so maybe its Gabriel, I don't know. Anyway, looks amazing.

Link, MOFO!

Gabe Newell was also stabbed in the chest but more towards his heart. Trevor was stabbed directly in the centre. So that is probably Dracula in an Alt. Costume. But judging Mercurysteam, unlikely.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #3706 on: September 17, 2013, 06:51:12 AM »
Looks like Dracula to me.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #3707 on: September 17, 2013, 07:37:03 AM »
Judging on the outfit, I'd say Alucard, or maybe Simon (the shoulders). Or a new character.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3708 on: September 17, 2013, 12:26:14 PM »
It could be another Belmont, Why else should he carry a Combat Cross?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3709 on: September 17, 2013, 02:48:23 PM »
Look at this. I think that he is Alucard because he has a fucking hole in his chest. Or maybe is another Belmont in LOS2. It was in an article that was about Dracula. The file is named drac06 or something like that, so maybe its Gabriel, I don't know. Anyway, looks amazing.
Richter...?

Nah, it couldn't be.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #3710 on: September 17, 2013, 02:52:58 PM »
Richter in red?
That would be too pushing.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3711 on: September 17, 2013, 05:44:29 PM »
Cox says it's an early concept art of Dracula.

Quote from: Dave Cox
It is an early design concept for Dracula

And we get new info on LOS2 this Thursday.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3712 on: September 17, 2013, 05:53:47 PM »
Still no news about Sonia.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3713 on: September 17, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »
Still no news about Sonia.
That's because she don't exist.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3714 on: September 17, 2013, 06:37:14 PM »
+1
She did once...and then she ceased to exist. You know, I've always wondered why there were never any female Belmont vampire hunters in the games. The Belmonts who defeated Dracula were always men. I think it would be nice to have the Belmont hunter be a woman for once. Just for a change. The same thing over and over again gets tiresome.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3715 on: September 17, 2013, 06:52:52 PM »
She did once...and then she ceased to exist. You know, I've always wondered why there were never any female Belmont vampire hunters in the games. The Belmonts who defeated Dracula were always men. I think it would be nice to have the Belmont hunter be a woman for once. Just for a change. The same thing over and over again gets tiresome.

I wonder if Belmonts have mothers or are born from trees/cloned/whatever after reading this.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3716 on: September 17, 2013, 07:14:34 PM »
Cox says it's an early concept art of Dracula.

And we get new info on LOS2 this Thursday.
Ah, that makes more sense.

And nice, looking forward to it. It's funny just last thursday I was rewatching the gameplay trailer too.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3717 on: September 17, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »
To be quite honest, I've never cared for puzzles in action(or action platformer) games. Never. RPGs, I can give leeway to because the pacing is totally different. With action, just give me that, action. I expect a different level of pacing from an action-adventure than I do from an RPG.
It changes the pace. GoW2 did it better than LoS, though. In LoS the puzzles don't really feel like they should exist, only some blend with the stage theme actually (like the eletric labs one, one of the best puzzles on the game and that makes sense). I don't mind the ones that unlock doors too, they aren't really intrusive. The ones like the Pan one or the chess... I could live without easily.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3718 on: September 17, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »
There was this rumour, and I had hopes that she'd still be revealed some of these days as the last hidden character.

I agree. It was so nice to kick ass with Charlotte, Shanoa, Yoko... and back in the day, Maria, Carrie and Sonia!

I wonder if Belmonts have mothers or are born from trees/cloned/whatever after reading this.
No, according to MS, women exist in the CV universe, and they fill the role of providing sons and waiting in the house, and sometimes, when they die, if they could use magic, they will assist as spirits.
That for the good side. Now, for the evil side, there are also women, and they are relegated to boss fights or little vampire girls in a DLC. You know... side characters.
Just like Zobek is present the whole game, Carmilla, with former equal importance in the Order, appears just a while and goes away.

Sometimes I wonder if MS is only constituted by men that grew up playing macho games and watching men's sports... I mean, they must know that there are other roles for women in VG's... and in the world. Or not, IDK...

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3719 on: September 18, 2013, 02:28:36 AM »
+2
Sometimes I wonder if MS is only constituted by men that grew up playing macho games and watching men's sports... I mean, they must know that there are other roles for women in VG's... and in the world. Or not, IDK...

They are just going for the traditional route. Let them be and play the game without over thinking things.  :)

anything