Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406201 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Nah it wasn't that divisive, it's the usual anti los defense force that is very vocal, like tomb raider haters. It's not a DmC case where fans were really offended by heart, most of us did just fine.
Yeaaahh... no.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It won't bomb, but it won't be very good either. You seriously can't expect too much from a compulsive liar. The only ones that really absolutely adore LoS are people that don't have the best tastes in action games, or just haven't played any of the many better ones out there.

As for Cox saying he wants to end his series of Castlevania.. Again, compulsive lying. How much of that can we really take as truth?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
How does that guy look like Julius? I see no beard and he's wearing some kind of an Astronaut/HAZMAT suit... Or am I just blind?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
We can speculate that:
1. "Julius" is the true name of Victor.
2. Victor is the last Belmont that he himself knows, he might not know that Julius, another Belmont exists
3. The kid that is supposed to be Trevor is Julius
4. Julius was just written to bring speculation and he does not even exist in game.
Feel free to add more.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
We can speculate that:
1. "Julius" is the true name of Victor.
Watch it be this one

Everything comes full circle

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I knew it was Gabriel/Dracula, it's taken from this artwork:

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm willing to bet that Julius might just be a name tossed in a scroll somewhere or mentioned as part of Victor's backstory or something, but without actually showing him, just so's people shut up about Julius Belmont and LoS2 being 1999
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
4. Julius was just written to bring speculation and he does not even exist in game.
I don't think Cox is the kind of guy who'd pull off an Ed Boon. So far his proven explicit lies deny things that are in the games, not the other way around.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
[img]http://imageshack.us/a/img153/975/8k73.jpg[ /img]

Well, the part about Cox possibly possibly lying/misdirecting/bending the truth about LoS ending might very well turn out to be true. I'll believe it when there's an actual game out that does not have anything to do with LoS.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Here's what Cox's next great plot twist will look like:

(click to show/hide)

OR:

(click to show/hide)

How about this one:

(click to show/hide)

Oh, and this one:

(click to show/hide)

Here's another one:

(click to show/hide)

And now, for the great reveal:

(click to show/hide)

Seriously, though. You'll notice the newest poster's roster doesn't even mention Victor. That's more than enough to suggest that we'll be actually getting some variation of the "Victor is Julius" reveal.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:31:48 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
And now, for the great reveal:
(click to show/hide)
Oh man, my sides will fly off the galaxy if that really were the case.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 09:46:27 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4031 on: October 16, 2013, 09:53:49 AM »
Well this is turning into Trevorcard 2.0. Love it.

I'll go ahead and make another call.

Julius is Victor's dead twin brother that was killed in 1999. During this battle, Victor was about to be killed but Julius steps in and save him by sacrificing his life. Victor walks away with only only a wounded right eye and the only Belmont living. The tattoo on Victor's chest is a tribute to his fallen brother.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4032 on: October 16, 2013, 10:43:37 AM »
Calling it now: you are all wrong. :P

Most likely this poster was made before they decided to change Julius into Victor, which supports what leak guy said, I believe. Also, Cox said he didn't want to use elements from IGA's timeline anymore, so I have a hard time believing they would use him. Besides, if he really was in the game, they would have revealed him first in order to appeal to all the fanboys.

Pretty sure Victor is also from the past since he fights young Gabula, instead of his older incarnation.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I think that those posters are part of a contest where fans design them to be published in the konami page, unless I got it wrong. On the other hand, Julius was considered but at an Iga's request, Julius was dropped from this saga. When Victor said in the trailer that he is the last of his illustrious bloodline, I'm guessing that they were ''exterminated'' not long before Dracula's resurrection, and I would believe that Zobek could be blamed for that, so Victor is a survivor of a ''Belmont purge''. Why is he the last? how did he lose his eye? I think they were ambushed. Just food for thought :)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I love how people are going berserk on "OMG it's Julius" or "Julius is Victor", while the dude on the poster is just Dracula...

anything