Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406673 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4035 on: October 16, 2013, 12:01:43 PM »
Calling it now: you are all wrong. :P

Most likely this poster was made before they decided to change Julius into Victor, which supports what leak guy said, I believe. Also, Cox said he didn't want to use elements from IGA's timeline anymore, so I have a hard time believing they would use him. Besides, if he really was in the game, they would have revealed him first in order to appeal to all the fanboys.

Pretty sure Victor is also from the past since he fights young Gabula, instead of his older incarnation.

Oldbula becomes gabula like 2 hours into the game, you can see it in the trailer when Gabriel enters that "teleporting room"

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Victor appeared in the Gamescom trailer, right?

Quote from: Cox
The game takes place mostly in the city. We only showed mostly castle stuff because we’re not ready to show the city. The game takes place in one night, it’s a night when Satan comes back to the Earth. A night of chaos, a night of the apocalypse.

He's talking about the Gamescom trailer. So, that's another reason why I don't think that part took place in modern day. We'll see soon enough, I guess.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
In the "Belmont's Revenge" screenshot where Victor fights Dracula, THERE ARE LIKE FREAKING POST-IT-NOTES ON THE DAMN WALL. A modern invention. >_>
For me it's always been obvious that Victor is modern, and the only event we see that happened in the past is the prologue, the battle against the Titan and the Golden Paladin.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Not sure how I feel about Julius being in this game.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4039 on: October 16, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
And it just occurred to me, I recall the leak guy saying that there was gonna be another surprise aside from Victor and that it will be revealed at a later date. Maybe Julius was the surprise but Mercurysteam jumped the gun on the reveal early.

This also indirectly confirms that we're getting a new trailer either this week or next. :)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Hopefully it actually is a new trailer and not just the same one we've been getting with remixed footage.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Hopefully it actually is a new trailer and not just the same one we've been getting with remixed footage.
This.

I guess they'll release the trailer on Halloween, with the LoS soundtrack/collection/thing.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I love how people are going berserk on "OMG it's Julius" or "Julius is Victor", while the dude on the poster is just Dracula...

Hehehe. I know that is Dracula's face in the poster. We are just looking at the name that was written somewhere below, thus triggering the speculations.

I guess they'll release the trailer on Halloween, with the LoS soundtrack/collection/thing.

Perhaps. I am really looking for more new tidbits of info coming from the trailer.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
Now i guess this was a fan art too:
Julius Belmont?
I just figured out when i saw this new one. All of them are fan made and they´ll be giving away the one who gets more likes. So the Julius Belmont hint was a mistake from the artist.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
This poster campaign is one of the coolest things Konami has ever done for Castlevania. Makes me wonder why they ever bothered to get rid of the horror film aesthetic post SotN.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
This poster campaign is one of the coolest things Konami has ever done for Castlevania. Makes me wonder why they ever bothered to get rid of the horror film aesthetic post SotN.

makes me want to frame them.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Ahahaha this is too good. Gabriel with Lugosi's facial features (and that smile) is just too fun. All this classic horror in my LOS, I love it. It's a pretty nice thing to do for the series that has largely drawn influence from old monster movies. This one's just the icing on the cake as it's THE Dracula poster.

EDIT: by the way, you know you can just link to the image, right? You don't need to screenshot it. Just right click > Copy image location and that gives you a direct link to the image. (which you can put in [img] tags)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 06:06:37 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
by the way, you know you can just link to the image, right? You don't need to screenshot it. Just right click > Copy image location and that gives you a direct link to the image. (which you can put in [img] tags)
I know but i do it this way to show the castlevania los facebook description about the contest, discarting Julius theory... There is some text on my previous post, i see you didnt read it or my bad english is hard to understand, not just the picture.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 07:50:28 PM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
No LotR poster? lol

(I know, they're looking for horror movies)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

More like post CV3.

anything