Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406221 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I've no problem with closure. Takes guts to close a story in a Videogame, comic or cartoon just because "the story is finished." And usually leads to a much better product as a whole. Better a short, good story with closure than a story that goes on forever and never ends. (The Pokemon anime did this, it was supposed to end after the first movie. Instead, Ash is perma-ten, and will never actually become a master)

If LoS is to be just a 3 parter, I see no reason for Dracula's character to be unresolved and remain Dracula. hell, even the classic timeline eventually got rid of him and replaced him Soma, as a hero, essentially redeeming the character of Mathias.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:11:23 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I think you're doing a mess. Well, these "skins" are gifts to major retailers, give them something unique and they will advertise the game. They can give a "skin" or poster or a sticker, no matter is only a small and ridiculous gift.

It's like when you buy a game mmorpg and they give you a pet or a ring that helps a bit the first 10 levels. Only a small gift to encourage you to buy it in the store, is pure marketing .. nothing more.

What we must be interested in these "Skins" is the availability of MS and the Mercury Engine Mods and almost certain DLC or expansions.

The game is long, about 20 + hours, but tells the story of Gabriel, for that is the trilogy of LOS. There are several interesting characters in the story but are only extras or boss. But the scrolls and the previous games narrate a past and a story about them that make them attractive, and many people want to learn more about them or play something with them.

Alucard, Victor, Carmilla, Brotherhood, Zobek, XXXX, XXXX2
They are all in the game with Gabriel, but Gabriel continues its path in the game. But it may be interesting to know the way these characters are parallel to meet Gabriel, that's where it is likely to come into play some DLC or expansion, are in the same game but different sites visited different routes, playing a different character as he tells his story last year.

They had thought out two DLC , but this delay of four months has done much damage to their plans. Do they make sense out two DLC during 2014 when most of the world will be with the next generation consoles ? not much .. and can not get them out soon because even not started working on them ( not made ) . If PC sales are very large raise could maybe make it count on the PC .

What is more likely is that Konami (but without MS ) dedicated to carry the PC version , with everything turned to max looks as good as many of the early games of the new generation , to XBONE and PS4 and can draw then the DLC with a broad market. Anyway, this last one is just a guess on my part . If sales are good, take out the DLC if they are normal or bad will not because it is not worth . ( it's all because of the change of generation ) . All I say is that if the game is much more open if the mods and skins ... there will be no more games LOS ( by MS ..) so that will allow players to some things ..

P. D. About the fear that the "Dark Gabriel" replace "Alucard DLC" ... come on .. Why give something if you can make money with it ..? Do you not know the big companies? do we know Konami?.

P.D.2 Of course the trailers are made with PC version.. (http://www.gamespot.com/videos/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-dracula-s-vengeance-/2300-6415852/)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:23:22 AM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
According to amazon.com, it will be out on Feb. 25, 2014.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
February? ick... they dropped the ball on los 2s release. especially since the ps4 and xbone are right around the corner, without ports of the game...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
According to amazon.com, it will be out on Feb. 25, 2014.
Release date was announced during E3. I remember seeing Feb 24.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I dunno I just have this weird feeling that

(click to show/hide)

It's just a weird feeling I've had but I hope it's just that. Then again Mercurysteam isn't at all afraid to kill off a character in their first appearance.
Is this leak guy telling you this or just a feeling you've had this whole time? Killing off Alucard at the very beginning of the game would be absolutely terrible and pretty unnecessary.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Remembering now I don't think its possibility. Because Dave Cox confirmed that if Alucard drank blood he would look like how he looked before as Trevor so I am sure they going to do that in game :P meaning they are not going to kill off Alucard just yet early in the game.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:04:13 AM by Trevorcard »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4207 on: November 02, 2013, 01:17:34 PM »
Is this leak guy telling you this or just a feeling you've had this whole time? Killing off Alucard at the very beginning of the game would be absolutely terrible and pretty unnecessary.

No, just a feeling that I have. Cox says that he plays a minor role in this game had me kinda concerned (yeah I know he could be bullshitting) and the fact that Dracula is seeing ghosts of dead people which include his son Trevor, who we all know became Alucard.

I hope it just remains a feeling and I hope im wrong.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
But Trevor is dead so that could be why is seeing him as dead person I mean Alucard claimed so himself. Also Cox could just be downplaying Alucard role to put the focus on Dracula story. However, I could understand concern since MS has done some crazy shit in plot before not I didn't appreciate most of them.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Yes, Trevor died the blood Gabula poured in Trevor's mouth brought him back to life as a vampire who now calls himself Alucard. So, he did indeed died. Thus, there is no problem with Gabriel seeing illusions/hallucinations of people who died. There's also the chance that they could be the result of the castle waging psychological warfare against Gabula or even physical manifestations of his guilt/self hatred/madness/etc.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
Lords of Shadow 2 has a very interesting premise, from that point of view -- the game seems to intentionally blur the lines between Gabriel's illusions and realities. It would certainly act as a very appealing explanation for the return of Marie and Trevor, as well as the Castle's disturbing rebellion against its master.
Carmilla is given a particularly ear-catching line in the latest trailer: when Dracula, seeing her resurrected, believes himself to be dreaming, she replies: "And if you were never to wake again, would it matter?"
Food for thought.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4211 on: November 02, 2013, 03:10:15 PM »
No, just a feeling that I have. Cox says that he plays a minor role in this game had me kinda concerned (yeah I know he could be bullshitting) and the fact that Dracula is seeing ghosts of dead people which include his son Trevor, who we all know became Alucard.

Where/When did Cox said that?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #4212 on: November 02, 2013, 03:52:37 PM »

Cox says a lot of things.

I expect Alucard and whatever other Belmont we aren't being told about to have significant roles.

Then again, I remember how hype LoS1's trailers were and then when we actually played the game we were surprised to find the game taking a lot of unexpected turns. We're probably being pulled into another ride.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 03:57:01 PM by OSM »

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well, I for one, love unexpected turns so long as they aren't a detriment to the story. Plot twists, when done right, usually make people become more engrossed in the story. I mean saw that Trevor would become Alucard? I sure didn't.

I just love the LoS story. I'm not a fan of the gameplay (especially with MoF), but I really like the story. I really feel for Gabriel. He has suffered so much and even though he is an evil vampire now, he still has a trace of humanity in him. I mean when he realized that Trevor was his son, he tried to save him (which lead to Trevor being Alucard). Not to mention that he was crying at that moment. I remember watching that scene and really feeling for Gabriel to the point of almost crying myself. Now then, how many of us were practically driven to tears during that scene? That just shows how much we enjoy the story. If we didn't, we wouldn't care what happened to the characters. These plot twists make the story so great.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Well, I for one, love unexpected turns so long as they aren't a detriment to the story. Plot twists, when done right, usually make people become more engrossed in the story. I mean saw that Trevor would become Alucard? I sure didn't.
You're probably the only one on this forum. It was discussed as hell here, since almost the release of the first trailer.