Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406706 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
You're probably the only one on this forum. It was discussed as hell here, since almost the release of the first trailer.

Yea, it was widely speculated around the forum that was the case.

Especially after the leaks came out.

It was not much of a shock around here at all, although some like myself did not like it.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
The scene with Alucar, is authentic, not an illusion. It is during the attack of the brotherhood of the castle (remember the trailer).

About the end. Enric Alvarez is a fan of Japanese anime, do not expect an end "Disney" is a story about evil, will be tragic. You saw the first.

And remember that with this release dies this timeline, so what happens to the characters is not very important (there will be no more future, although maybe if passed).
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Wow so I got to play the demo today and man was it awesome!

I have to say, as an action game fan, the combo possibilities are going to be fantastic since you can easily switch between the Void Sword, Chaos Claws, and whip so easily. I was pulling off some pretty cool combos. I really wish the game had a hit counter so you knew how long your combos were going.

Im not sure if I'm feeling the "Hold L2 to outline your path thing." there are a lot of objects/platforms that are interactive but look like they're just part of the background. Still, I'm glad the highlight option is there because it would be really annoying to not have any idea where to go next only to find that it's something that you wouldn't have thought was a mode of transport. There were a lot of things like that especially when you're climbing on that war machine.

Still it was awesome. Gabriel/Dracula plays so very well. I can't even imagine what he'll play like once everything's unlocked. I'm even more excited now!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I don't think LoS2 will have too much plot twists. The path to the end will certainely be quite straightforward (Gabriel must find his powers and kick Satan's ass, and we'll get some clues from what happened in the past). The ending can take 2 forms, from what we know:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I don't think LoS2 will have too much plot twists. The path to the end will certainely be quite straightforward (Gabriel must find his powers and kick Satan's ass, and we'll get some clues from what happened in the past). The ending can take 2 forms, from what we know:
(click to show/hide)

I personally would like version 2.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I prefer:

He destroys Zobek and Satan and make them his bitches.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4221 on: November 03, 2013, 08:19:41 AM »
So the LOS2 demo is coming to PSN this Tuesday....along with Adventures of Cookie and Cream.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?p=88440689

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
From what I heard (and hearing) in the demo's tracks, and in my own opinion, LoS2's music is better than LoS1's. The composition is better, the addition of electronic elements adds something really nice.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
With LoS being a success, Aurujo was probably able to get a little more of his own way with the music. The suits wanted him to be different from Yamane's music, from what I heard he wanted to do it similar at the start. So they went more bombastic, and started to creep in with the gothic in MoF and seemingly LoS2, without straying too far from what they established as LoS musical style.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Someone on /v/ ripped the soundtrack from the LoS2 demo. Enjoy.

https://mega.co.nz/#!zcAEkK6D!A6EHOWj-5A9JtUjlFUbTTmVz79IStwENWvbeWyC4vr4

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Tried the PSN demo of LOS2! Fun, fun, fun! The only downfall is that I've seen the demo and it's been played out since E3 at least, so it kinda took away from the demo a bit. Also, it seemed kinda dated knowing the game has had a bit of a graphical overhall. I agree the soundtrack is waaay more badass this time around!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Ugh, someone spoiled all of the mission names of the full game, kinda wish I hadn't seen it. :(

But I can say that this game is gonna be loooooooooooooong.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 01:59:23 PM by Kingshango »

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Ugh, someone spoiled all of the mission names of the full game, kinda wish I hadn't seen it. :(

But I can say that this game is gonna be loooooooooooooong.

Source?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:41:33 PM by e105beta »

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Source?

EDIT: Also, anyone interested in a discounted EU LoS2 copy?

/v/, Someone who extracted the ost from the demo got a list of all the missions from the game.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/216512029#p216538194

Go in now before it goes 404, you'll know the list when you see it.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
/v/, Someone who extracted the ost from the demo got a list of all the missions from the game.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/216512029#p216538194

Go in now before it goes 404, you'll know the list when you see it.
tpp late for me... any other source?

anything