Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406222 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Yknow, it's funny. But I get the feeling a lot more people might like LoS2, and feel ok with more, which is funny since 2 is MS and Cox's last CV. I get the feeling that if the series had gotten the chance to grow a bit more, (perhaps have a few more Belmont vs Dracula games) they could have totally nailed CV after a bit, and gotten people off the fence... I mean, LoS2 seems to be totally great as a CV. Got the atmosphere at least. (Music's gotten better too- the electronic elements REALLY work for it)

Just a thought. Though again, I'm satisfied with a 3 parter as long as it's got decent closure and resolution. No need to drag it on.

PS: those two battle themes are badass
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:47:36 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
tpp late for me... any other source?
Agree. If anybody saved the list, a PM would be appreciated. I've never been one to mind spoilers.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
He still seems reluctant to refer to himself as Dracula. Even though Cox and crew call him Dracula, it would just make more sense to call him Dracul. Alucard would've been a more fitting Dracula(being the "son of the Dragon").

Anybody think this could be LoS2's equivalent of the Puppet Master?:

To me it seems like a third version of The Daemon Lord

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Maybe a LoS2 Spoiler thread should be created from now  ;D

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
this is the LoS2 spoiler thread
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Still no news about this game and it is so close to release. This is one of the few Castlevania games I have little interest in because of how bad they are designing Dracula for the game. If you make a Castlevania 3d platformer, just give us a Belmont, if I play as Dracula I want to have all his powers and just have fun.

No teleport, not even a dash teleport, no projectiles (hell fire, nothing), no transformations, no mist form (mist will likely only be useable for getting into certain points of the game).

I waited awhile, decided to check back and see if their was one new thing announced about the game. Nothing, it is utterly a Belmont / "Dracula" whip using, sword slinging, gauntlet using pure melee character. I would rather play as another Castlevania antagonist and fight a epic powerful Dracula at the end, not play as a Belmont with a Dracula skin.

This is my opinion, sorry if it upsets anyone, I had to share it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 11:32:27 PM by SaibotMK »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
No teleport, not even a dash teleport, no projectiles (hell fire, nothing), no transformations, no mist form (mist will likely only be useable for getting into certain points of the game).
He can use a dash teleport, as seen in the demo. The gameplay trailer shows he can use projectiles with the Void Sword (ice), and most certainely from the Chaos Claws (fire). Transformation is confirmed since the first trailer and by the developers of the game. As for mist form, we still have no info on it, but don't tell me you are disappointed because Drac cannot tranform into mist.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
He can use a dash teleport, as seen in the demo. The gameplay trailer shows he can use projectiles with the Void Sword (ice), and most certainely from the Chaos Claws (fire). Transformation is confirmed since the first trailer and by the developers of the game. As for mist form, we still have no info on it, but don't tell me you are disappointed because Drac cannot tranform into mist.
I remember Cox said Draula`s MOF abilities where a lil sneak peek of his LOS2 powers. In MOF he`s able to throw fireballs, and transform into black mist to past through Simon and Alucard during their fight, similar to Alucard in the same game.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Agree. If anybody saved the list, a PM would be appreciated. I've never been one to mind spoilers.

I second that. Or please just post what you remember in spoiler tags, Kingshango.

Offline Shiitake

• Awards
Tip: Dracula can teleport when he falls from a platform, but watch out for his healthbar.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4240 on: November 04, 2013, 07:33:09 AM »
I found the list but it was very long due to it listing every segment, so I narrowed it down a bit by each arc and added some tiny interpretation of some mission arcs. Oh and the mission names are shortened for some reason.
Beyond this post, there will be potential spoilers, view at your own risk!

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:36:25 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)

This is my opinion, sorry if it upsets anyone, I had to share it.

That is great and all but you should do a little research before stating things as facts.

As Chernabogue and Asgardwolf said, some if not all of those things will be in game.  There was a 15 min game play video of one void sword power. There will be transformations. There will be other powers.

Konami is holding off on showing everything. This game does not come out until February 2014, things will slowly come out.  If you read through this thread you will also find leaked info about things that are appearing in game.

Check back again at the time of the VGAs/Christmas, I am pretty sure you will see a game play blowout.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4242 on: November 04, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »
I found the list but it was very long due to it listing every segment, so I narrowed it down a bit by each arc and added some tiny interpretation of some mission arcs

Wow, interesting. So...this list is an abbreviated version, though? Was there more to it or did I misinterpret?
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4243 on: November 04, 2013, 10:39:19 AM »
Wow, interesting. So...this list is an abbreviated version, though? Was there more to it or did I misinterpret?

The whole list was abbreviated like that.

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #4244 on: November 04, 2013, 11:27:25 AM »

The leaked list had like 10 lines of the same thing for each chapter:

So for example:

(click to show/hide)

anything