Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406255 times)

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Here's the full list:

(click to show/hide)

Here's a hypothetical order of events:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:54:36 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Multiple endings because.. why not?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Dracula's Theme,The Throne Room... they're both pretty amazing.

Combat I and Combat II... I can't even tell which one is better... I'm leaning more toward the second... it sounds completely different from anything LoS did. The eletronic beat is pretty good.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
My speculation on the ending/s:

(click to show/hide)

I might edit this as more news comes around, but if I got it correct, hehehehehe.....
I think the cold medicine is driving my imagination.  :)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
+1
If there is only one ending, I would prefer that after all is said and done, he dies and his soul is purified and goes to heaven to be with Marie. Not likely I know, but given everything that has happened to him, he deserves it. He saved the world as a human from Satan, but lost everything in the process. Then, he loses becomes a vampire in order to defeat TFO thus saving the world again, but when Gabriel returns from that battle he has become a threat to humanity himself.

He literally lost everything and became what he used to fight against. I know life isn't fair, but come on. If God is truly good and merciful (and not the dick I think that he/she/it is), then he/she/it should reward Gabriel if he beats Satan again by purifying Gabriel and allowing him to ascend to heaven (absolved of all his sins as a vampire) to spend eternity with Marie.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
MS wants LOS2 to be something that people will be talking about for a long while.
The happy ending with Gabriel being redeemed would NOT be something worth talking about for a while. It would be a typical redemption of the anti-hero situations. They wanted, as Cox said, "an epic tragedy." I'm sure there will be no happy ending.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
A redemption ending is fine, as long as Gabula admits in end that what he did was wrong and he shouldn't have blamed other people. Then he might actually become a likeable character.   

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
He literally lost everything and became what he used to fight against. I know life isn't fair, but come on. If God is truly good and merciful (and not the dick I think that he/she/it is), then he/she/it should reward Gabriel if he beats Satan again by purifying Gabriel and allowing him to ascend to heaven (absolved of all his sins as a vampire) to spend eternity with Marie.
MS wants LOS2 to be something that people will be talking about for a long while.
The happy ending with Gabriel being redeemed would NOT be something worth talking about for a while. It would be a typical redemption of the anti-hero situations. They wanted, as Cox said, "an epic tragedy." I'm sure there will be no happy ending.
If there's anything I'm okay with in LoS, it's that God's a dick. I've seen my fair share of jerkass Gods in other games anyway, and if anything, the stories tend to be more memorable because of that, though it's not that simple either.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
My speculation on the ending/s:

(click to show/hide)

I might edit this as more news comes around, but if I got it correct, hehehehehe.....
I think the cold medicine is driving my imagination.  :)
I remember we all had a similar theory for LoS1.

I don't think anyone is going to guess what will happen in LoS2, if Cox wants to surprise us and keep us talking for awhile I'm expecting another crazy "what the fuck" moment of sorts for the climax.

I really hope they don't give the story any less ends so we can squash any possibility of more sequels being made, LoS2 looks like a fitting end for this new timeline and I hope they continue to keep it as such. The flavor and hype this game has going for it now would be ruined if we find out early this isn't actually the end of the LoS saga.

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Here's what I think might happen:

(click to show/hide)
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
And another thing about Dracula vs. Satan...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:19:18 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
A redemption ending is fine, as long as Gabula admits in end that what he did was wrong and he shouldn't have blamed other people. Then he might actually become a likeable character.

I sorta agree and disagree with this one.  I mean on the one hand, I acknowledge that there are certain things Gabe must come to terms with and except responsibility, but on the other hand, a lot of the events that transpired were not of his own doing or through the manipulation of others. From Marie to Satan himself, those he thought he could trust and those he barely knew.  His hatred and reactions are believable and date I say, human, which is why he has become one of my favorite personifications of Dracula.

If anything, I want him to let go and forgive. Admitting the things he's done wrong, whether it was his fault or not, will be a tad easier then. 

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I think the Brotherhood has a lot to do with everything. We barely know anything about them, and they're the ones who told Marie about the prophecy using the Mirror of Fate. I had a feeling for awhile they're secretly a cult that worships Satan or the Dark arts.

If I am right, why did they need Gabriel to become Dracula?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 12:05:18 PM by OSM »

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Maybe becoming Dracula wasn't part of the plan for them.  Like they were hoping he would die shortly afterward or at least, have no idea they were apart of anything.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I think the Brotherhood had to do something about the Lords of Shadow or let the Lords reign over the world. So they opted for one of their own to become something far worse in exchange and hope that they raise his son to be strong enough to face him.

Only thing is that I don't think they saw Trevor failing.

anything