Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406281 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
If there is only one ending, I would prefer that after all is said and done, he dies and his soul is purified and goes to heaven to be with Marie. Not likely I know, but given everything that has happened to him, he deserves it. He saved the world as a human from Satan, but lost everything in the process. Then, he loses becomes a vampire in order to defeat TFO thus saving the world again, but when Gabriel returns from that battle he has become a threat to humanity himself.

He literally lost everything and became what he used to fight against. I know life isn't fair, but come on. If God is truly good and merciful (and not the dick I think that he/she/it is), then he/she/it should reward Gabriel if he beats Satan again by purifying Gabriel and allowing him to ascend to heaven (absolved of all his sins as a vampire) to spend eternity with Marie.
Let me hope you're fucking wrong. Prefictable as hell, boring. I'll pray for the ending not be this everyday.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It's the best kind of ending for this kind of Dracula. Redemption is the only way it can end. He can't end it like a villain, because let's face it, this Dracula is far less of a villain than Mathias. Mathias is a villain. Gabriel has legitimate hatred for his situation. he was betrayed and manipulated every step of the way in what he believed was the right thing to do, and it ended with him becoming that which he hunted down in the first place, and he recieved nary a thank you or any kind of appreciation from anyone for all he sacrificed. He's a tragedy, not a black and white villain. Those kinds of tragic villains, are usually given redemption, of some form, or some form of remorseful release. (See: Mr Freeze in the DCAU)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Setting up for complete dissapointment then. Because there's no way they can pull this without being bad.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
That is great and all but you should do a little research before stating things as facts.

As Chernabogue and Asgardwolf said, some if not all of those things will be in game.  There was a 15 min game play video of one void sword power. There will be transformations. There will be other powers.

Konami is holding off on showing everything. This game does not come out until February 2014, things will slowly come out.  If you read through this thread you will also find leaked info about things that are appearing in game.

Check back again at the time of the VGAs/Christmas, I am pretty sure you will see a game play blowout.

Yes... But see I'm not. Believe me I wish I was, let me shed some light on this. I am not playing ignorant,

1. I am %100 fully aware of Dracula's MOP abilities, I have seen all of them first hand.

2. The first trailer was a cinematic trailer, we saw Dracula teleport, we saw him transform into a black mist bat looking thing. I will tell you now, that confirms absolutely nothing.

3. I have seen the latest full gameplay demo, I %100 sure Cox said "We are giving you all of Dracula's powers to play with at the start of the demo". He says in multiple interviews. I am not saying that is all we will see, what was shown in the demo, but nothing else has been confirmed to my knowledge.

4. Their has to my knowledge no footage or confirmation of a dash teleport in anyway shape or form. (Again I hope I am very wrong, really).

5. I know about mist, but I do not think it is what everyone thinks. It is not just some ability you can just use at any given time. Only at certain parts of the game (again, hope I am wrong).

With all that said, I will say again, I am not trying to upset people. I am not stating facts, but either is anyone else. there is no sources, no proof, no facts, that I am wrong.

I just hope I am (wrong).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:13:33 PM by SaibotMK »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Setting up for complete dissapointment then. Because there's no way they can pull this without being bad.
I guess it comes down to taste. For example, if classic Draculahad ended at SoTN, i would have been ok with that, given the context. he went to war with humanity because they killed his wife, and he learned her last words were to not hate Humans. He loses to Alucard and questions how, and Alucard mentions how he lost the ability to love, etc etc. Dracula begs his son to forgive him, and dies. it would have worked, and he seemed remorseful, which makes his appearances later on seem a bit hollow, barring the excuse of chaos and all that jazz.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I guess it comes down to taste. For example, if classic Draculahad ended at SoTN, i would have been ok with that, given the context. he went to war with humanity because they killed his wife, and he learned her last words were to not hate Humans. He loses to Alucard and questions how, and Alucard mentions how he lost the ability to love, etc etc. Dracula begs his son to forgive him, and dies. it would have worked, and he seemed remorseful, which makes his appearances later on seem a bit hollow, barring the excuse of chaos and all that jazz.

On a similar note: as much as I enjoyed OOE, I'd have been happy if there was an uninterrupted 100 year gap between SOTN and CV's version of the Bram Stoker novel.

CV3 and The Adventure too. COD sorta cheapened Trevor's victory.

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
Yes... But see I'm not. Believe me I wish I was, let me shed some light on this. I am not playing ignorant,

2. The first trailer was a cinematic trailer, we saw Dracula teleport, we saw him transform into a black mist bat looking thing. I will tell you now, that confirms absolutely nothing.

3. I have seen the latest full gameplay demo, I %100 sure Cox said "We are giving you all of Dracula's powers to play with at the start of the demo". He says in multiple interviews. I am not saying that is all we will see, what was shown in the demo, but nothing else has been confirmed to my knowledge.

5. I know about mist, but I do not think it is what everyone thinks. It is not just some ability you can just use at any given time. Only at certain parts of the game (again, hope I am wrong).

I just hope I am (wrong).

2. Why would MS showcase something like teleport in a trailer and not put it in game? Laura can mist/teleport in the DLC and Gabe/Dracula will most likely have the same Mist/teleport ability.

3. You haven't seen all the gameplay footage. In the DEMO you get the three weapons. In the Gamescom footage you see void sword powers. You claim that by trusting Cox completely you are fully powered at the start. You don't have the freeze power at the start, you get it later on in the game, just like the rest of the powers.

Here is the Gamescom footage: www.youtube.com/watch?v=unQ50CiKNz8

Cox has been known to lie on numerous occasions, he doesn't give things away and misleads you on purpose.

5. Here is a brief snippet of an article:
Being Dracula isn't a matter of translating good into evil - Gabriel has a new range of unique perks. He's now able to transform into a mist, something that's useful for combat, and for passing iron fences. You can glamour mortals, controlling your enemies. You can also "disappear into the night, unseen", which translates into "there may be some stealth bits".

Full article: http://www.oxm.co.uk/55544/previews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-improved-combat-new-titan-battles-and-the-open-world/?page=2

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:03:44 PM by Lilgigs »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Upon ingesting more cold medication...

Here's a much better theory, in my opinion, on the ending.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:36:45 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It's the best kind of ending for this kind of Dracula. Redemption is the only way it can end. He can't end it like a villain, because let's face it, this Dracula is far less of a villain than Mathias. Mathias is a villain. Gabriel has legitimate hatred for his situation. he was betrayed and manipulated every step of the way in what he believed was the right thing to do, and it ended with him becoming that which he hunted down in the first place, and he recieved nary a thank you or any kind of appreciation from anyone for all he sacrificed. He's a tragedy, not a black and white villain. Those kinds of tragic villains, are usually given redemption, of some form, or some form of remorseful release. (See: Mr Freeze in the DCAU)
But that's where you're wrong. No matter how bitterly he was betrayed, no matter how maliciously he was manipulated, and no matter how regretful of his plight he might now be, Gabriel knows that he can no longer escape what he has become. Dracula is a creature of evil, of hatred, of pure despair, rebelling against the very deity in whose name he once fought. The blind love which once guided him is now naught but a shadow, the insubstantial reminiscence of a passion he can no longer harbor -- all of it has now turned into the inexhaustible rancor and scorn that so defines Dracula's character. Gabriel knows that there is no going back; he knows all too well that there can be no redemption for him. In the end, that is the terrible truth that he so loathes to admit, and the true essence of LoS2's tragedy: he will blame everything for his abhorrent fate, except for what truly brought it about: Gabriel himself.

Upon ingesting more cold medication...

Here's a much better theory, in my opinion, on the ending.

(click to show/hide)
Damn, your ideas are incredible. Spare me a portion of that cold medicine, would you?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:39:33 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
What system is everyone getting the game on?

It seems like PC might be the best version to maximize visuals and have a consistent frame rate.

I am guessing the game is being developed on the PC at the same time as the console version since they have shown off the PC version at e3, Gamescom etc.

I am also guessing we will see a ps4 and xbox one port holiday next year.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
But that's where you're wrong. No matter how bitterly he was betrayed, no matter how maliciously he was manipulated, and no matter how regretful of his plight he might now be, Gabriel knows that he can no longer escape what he has become. Dracula is a creature of evil, of hatred, of pure despair, rebelling against the very deity in whose name he once fought. The blind love which once guided him is now naught but a shadow, the insubstantial reminiscence of a passion he can no longer harbor -- all of it has now turned into the inexhaustible rancor and scorn that so defines Dracula's character. Gabriel knows that there is no going back; he knows all too well that there can be no redemption for him. In the end, that is the terrible truth that he so loathes to admit, and the true essence of LoS2's tragedy: he will blame everything for his abhorrent fate, except for what truly brought it about: Gabriel himself.

Except Gabriel did NOT bring it on himself. He was following orders. he was doing his duty to the Brotherhood. It was prophesied that the Lords of Shadow were the key to ending the dark spell over the land, and that by getting the pieces of the God mask from them, he might be able to resurrect his wife. Marie, pan, and the Brotherhood all lied to him and misled him however, so that he would be unaware of his ultimate fate.

Even leaving out his rage and pain at not being able to revive Marie, and Satan being the mastermind behind the whole plot, with Zobek stringing him along, In killing the Lords, he unleashed the Forgotten one and weakened his seal. He killed the Lords, so he was responsible for bringing about a creature that could decimate the world. And the only way to enter it's realm to stop it was to become a Vampire, and lose his Humanity. The DLC very clearly shows his progression, as he turns, he slowly becomes colder and more arrogant until he is declaring himself "The Dragon".

It's hardly his fault at all. After that however, there is the matter of his blind rage towards the brotherhood for doing that to him, and the unfortunate concequences of their antagonism towards him.

They hid his son from him and sent him to his death,
They caused Simon's mother to be killed during the attack on the Brotherhood, carried out in vengeance for the death of his son
They caused Simon to also wish vengeance upon his father's killer, not knowing the circumstances.

It's all a viscous cycle.

Besides, the whole point of LoS' epilogue, and the prominent modern day theme of LoS2 is that Zobek bargains for Gabriel's help in stopping Satan again in exchange for releasing him from his immortality. Which he CAn do, he IS death after all- Although I'm willing to bet that it's not Zobek which will release him in the end.

Offline kadosho

• Hunter in Training
    • D-toid -Gaming for Robots
    • Awards
From the start, it always felt that Gabriel's intention was of protecting humanity. Never to cause harm.
Yet Zobek's offer of "aid" comes with a heavy price. The visions, the quest, all of it lead to somewhere.
I feel that this Dracula is unlike any other we've come across. Not to mention that he is the anti-hero lost to time itself.

I am very curious to see where Lords of Shadows II will lead our (dare I say) "hero" next!

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

2. Why would MS showcase something like teleport in a trailer and not put it in game? Laura can mist/teleport in the DLC and Gabe/Dracula will most likely have the same Mist/teleport ability.

3. You haven't seen all the gameplay footage. In the DEMO you get the three weapons. In the Gamescom footage you see void sword powers. You claim that by trusting Cox completely you are fully powered at the start. You don't have the freeze power at the start, you get it later on in the game, just like the rest of the powers.

Here is the Gamescom footage: www.youtube.com/watch?v=unQ50CiKNz8

Cox has been known to lie on numerous occasions, he doesn't give things away and misleads you on purpose.

5. Here is a brief snippet of an article:
Being Dracula isn't a matter of translating good into evil - Gabriel has a new range of unique perks. He's now able to transform into a mist, something that's useful for combat, and for passing iron fences. You can glamour mortals, controlling your enemies. You can also "disappear into the night, unseen", which translates into "there may be some stealth bits".

Full article: http://www.oxm.co.uk/55544/previews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-improved-combat-new-titan-battles-and-the-open-world/?page=2

Thanks!

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to reply, I was wrong and am very glad I was as I was hoping to be. I have followed this thread off & on early on, this is actually not the first time I shared negativity, doubt or wonder. It has been awhile since I have researched the game in depth, and yes, I should have researched before posting.

Thanks

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I really love that dodge Gabe has, and the way it leaves blood trails behind. reminds me of the SoTN Dracula art, where his cape pooled into blood at the floor.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

anything