Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406065 times)

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
With the close of LOS saga, the ''IGA'' saga should be closed too, after the Demon Castle Wars of 1999 of course. A new and lenghty universe should be created, with a similar ''seriousness'' of LOS saga and the rpg elements of IGA's works. It would work as well, the creation of a whole new Belmont family. The names leon, trevor, sonia, christopher, simon, juste, richter, julius, gabriel, etc, could be replaced with new stories and names. Castlevania will need a new breath of life IMO. And also I think that the apparently near absence of heavy japanese influence on the LOS saga worked very well. The european take on Castlevania was a very good thing for the franchise. I've been a fan of Castlevania since I was 7 years old (now I'm 29) and I want the best for this games in the future. It's MY opinion. Hope no one gets upset by this.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
imo the rpg elements in the iga games weighed them down, especially in the later games.

if they revitalized the franchise with another universe, they should just
become haunted castle 3.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
A new and lenghty universe should be created, with a similar ''seriousness'' of LOS saga

I respectfully disagree with this statement, mainly because I loved the overall campiness of the classic canon, the type that the Japanese team understood well. It never took itself too seriously, yet was gory & creepy when it wanted to be. There are many, many examples of the saga including several easter eggs & downright silly stuff among all the chaos & demon-slaying that you're doing, and at the same time none of it was a distraction (to me at least), more of a "hey, having fun? here's this random reminder that you're playing a nonsensical Universal Monster-mash-fest! Now continue on~" The easter eggs LoS included just weren't as memorable or charming. Ya see, there's a fine line between campy and corny, and LoS crossed it with dated jokes/references (cake is a lie! deku tree! etc.) that really felt out of place within the context of the game. Really, if the best they can come up with is that bumbling Chupacabra being the JarJar Binks of the franchise, then they should just not even bother. I just think in their attempt to emulate the "campy" feel, it backfired and made most of us just say "uhh.. okay?" and move on.

hi thernz, i missed you..

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I would have to respectfully disagree with you, crisis XD

I love seriousness and overdrama in games trying to tell a story. It helps me get immersed into the game in a way intentional silliness never does.

The last thing I ever want in most games I play are intentional, silly mood breakers to remind me I'm playing a game. If it has to remind me, then it's either ruining the mood or not doing it right in the first place.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Well, to each his own.. all I'm saying is that should the next team include the tongue-in-cheek humor the series is known for, then at least make it good and not super-cheezy (like if MS decided to include a segment in LoS2 that has a Chupacabra doing the macarena. Or Dracula doing a puzzle that involves collecting rings and then reading a scroll that for some reason references Superman 64 only because it has rings in common. let me not jinx anything and end this now)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Well, MoF had a few jokes in the scrolls, namely the Mario/Luigi one in the pipes, which was apparently removed for the HD version.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Well, MoF had a few jokes in the scrolls, namely the Mario/Luigi one in the pipes, which was apparently removed for the HD version.
Great, they all sucked. The best ones had no internet memes in them.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Not apparently. it was removed I did in fact search the pipe area not a luigi/mario reference in sight. I think it was replaced with finding someone important.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I actually liked the Mario scroll and I really don't know their reason why they took it out.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
They probably took out reference because its not on a nintendo system now (since its hd version) which is kinda of stupid since they had a freakin reference to the deku tree in LOS

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Isn't Deku misspelled on purpose?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I would have to respectfully disagree with you, crisis XD

I love seriousness and overdrama in games trying to tell a story. It helps me get immersed into the game in a way intentional silliness never does.

The last thing I ever want in most games I play are intentional, silly mood breakers to remind me I'm playing a game. If it has to remind me, then it's either ruining the mood or not doing it right in the first place.
I don't mind seriousness and drama, but I would love it dialed back a bit. I have a problem with a lot of modern games going overdrama. IMO, it's a trend, nothing more, nothing less. It's good to treat you story in a way that it's not a joke, but most games that tend to lay on the heavy, HEAVY drama are games that I never feel compelled to replay after the first playthrough.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I think that drama is nice in video games, as long it's action packed. It's like another kind of movies, interactive movies. I like that idea. You can have good actors, great musical scores, etc.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I have no problem with seriousness as far as Los2. I mean, as awesome as the demo was... So fucking cheesy.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
This is why we have no new info.