Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406278 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
That's some pretty wishful thinking. If it DOES happen.. DEATH THREW A SICKLE? QTE!
You never know. Cox is set out to surprise us with his final boss for the series. Satan would be too predictable and a repeat of last game. We never got a proper Death battle, and it's obvious they will fight in LoS2. What if they pull a LoI and make him the final boss? I mean, that sure caught me by surprise when LoI did it.
For the final battle...

(click to show/hide)

Like his good self? I can buy that. I can totally buy that. imagine, fighting an OP as fuck LoS Gabe, with ALL the upgrades. ALL of them. And even ones you never got.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Like his good self? I can buy that. I can totally buy that. imagine, fighting an OP as fuck LoS Gabe, with ALL the upgrades. ALL of them. And even ones you never got.

Yes. I think that would be the best choice for the developers since we don't want Gabe to just repeat the battles he had with previous enemies. He might fight Zobek, but it won't be the final battle.

Besides, this would support my vision of the ending.
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4965.msg150031.html#msg150031

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Though considering you already fight Victor, wouldn't having the final boss being Gabe be a bit of a retread of that?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Though considering you already fight Victor, wouldn't having the final boss being Gabe be a bit of a retread of that?
Well, we don't know how Victor fights or what weapon he uses. Though I do like the idea of the last boss being Gabriel. This assumes you fight him as he was just before the battle with Satan in LoS1. I could see that after defeating Satan and thus saving the world, Gabula splits into two entities: one being himself as he is now (Dracula @ full power) and the other being the way he was just before fighting Satan in LoS1. Now that would be a battle!!!
Behold my power and tremble

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Well, we don't know how Victor fights or what weapon he uses.
he is seen wielding the Combat Cross in the trailer

I could see that after defeating Satan and thus saving the world, Gabula splits into two entities: one being himself as he is now (Dracula @ full power) and the other being the way he was just before fighting Satan in LoS1.
kinda like a reverse Piccolo in Drago Ball Z? I like it

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4400 on: December 02, 2013, 01:54:50 PM »
Check out the picture of the artbook that comes with this Premium Edition of LoS2.  That does not look like the mechanical being in the demo but more like something out of Metal Gear Solid.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4401 on: December 02, 2013, 01:56:33 PM »
Well there was the "Mechanical Monstrosity" boss in LoS1 so any robotic enemy in LoS2 shouldn't be that surprising.

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4402 on: December 02, 2013, 02:14:32 PM »
Well there was the "Mechanical Monstrosity" boss in LoS1 so any robotic enemy in LoS2 shouldn't be that surprising.

I remember that.  It's just that the one in that artbook appears to be modern.  It looks like it has machine gun turrets and the like from what little we can see of it.  Makes me wonder if there's an MGS reference in the new game.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4403 on: December 02, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »
Most likely the next Titan we'll see in LoS2. There was already something of a "mechanical being" in the demo.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Darkweaver

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #4404 on: December 02, 2013, 02:16:57 PM »
Most likely the next Titan we'll see in LoS2. There was already something of a "mechanical being" in the demo.

True, but like I mentioned in the OP, the mechanical being in the demo didn't look contemporary whereas this one seems to mainly because of what appears to be machine gun turrets in the back.  Wouldn't be surprised since LoS2 does take place in modern times and maybe there are contemporary versions of vampire hunters.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4405 on: December 02, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »
machine gun turrets in the back.

Rocket launchers even. Wouldn't be surprised if they sneak in a Metal Gear Rex/Ray somewhere for another Kojima homage.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #4406 on: December 02, 2013, 05:05:31 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we fight that in the modern era. Also, apparently Medusa was going to be a titan fight in this game, too. Or so I've read on the Castlevania Wiki.

Also, this collection is awesome, but Jesus, those figurines are atrocious. Victor, the Commander, and Zobek look... okay, I guess, but Gabriel is horrible.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4407 on: December 02, 2013, 05:45:06 PM »
Oh boy. Bloodlines, anyone?

Skeletons piloting these would be amazing.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4408 on: December 02, 2013, 05:53:36 PM »
A better look.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4409 on: December 02, 2013, 05:58:26 PM »
Rocket launchers even. Wouldn't be surprised if they sneak in a Metal Gear Rex/Ray somewhere for another Kojima homage.

Judging from the image it more'n less resembles Metal Gear TX-55 or Metal Gear D. Rex was too boxish and angular, and RAY was more organic-looking.

Metal Gear TX-55: http://media.desura.com/images/groups/1/1/381/tx_55_illust.gif

Metal Gear D: http://img2.blogs.yahoo.co.jp/ybi/1/b6/e1/nitako_kocchar/folder/129237/img_129237_3711812_5?1274091226
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

anything