Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406077 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Sounds good, would also like to see scans of those screenshots.

Also inb4 "stealth sections in a Castlevania game as Dracula!? This isn't Castlevania, that's not even Mexico!"

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Also inb4 "stealth sections in a Castlevania game as Dracula!? This isn't Castlevania, that's not even Mexico!"

It is probably just when you're playing as the old, weak, frail, Dracula in the modern world.

There's stealth in this? That's nice but is it like a tactic thing or just something that happens as an event? Yeah, I think I just answered my own question but I would like it if I could sneak behind the brotherhood and drink their blood or just attack them head on or just freely roam and find a civilian in an alleyway and be like "You came to the wrong neighboorhood... SURPRISE MOTHAFUCKA!" and drink their blood Bram Stoker's style. I like my options in games. I know Castlevania is an action game but it would be nice if in the future they work alot on gameplay and AI so the player can have alot of tactics in their gameplay rather than just block and use various combos. Maybe it is just because I've been playng alotta stealth games like MGS, Mark of the Ninja (You guys should try that, it's a side-scroller but it is stealth) lately but... yeah, it is nice to have options in a game.

Now look at Skyrim. You could have just had the option to play as a Nord male warrior who was The Dovahkiin but no, they implemented races, sex and combat styles anyways, right? Not that Castlevania would have a 'Create you Character' thing, because it has its set characters and linear plot, but in the future I hope they give the gameplay with more options. Just my two cents.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:10:43 PM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
From Gameinformer:

Stealth sections are a new addition to the series, which Konami says is necessary due to his initially incomplete set of talents. Since Dracula begins Lords of Shadow 2 without all of his powers intact, he must take a sneakier approach to certain situations.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
It still isn't clear whether this is just a section thing or a mechanic. Can I do this as Uber-Power Regained Dracula if I want to though. I know that it is just a section but are the AI behavior just programmed to the section or through-out most of open gameplay where as I am afar from the AI's POV and the AI is just Idle standing or walking around. If I'm partaking in the story, is this a linear progression where the enemies are placed a certain way, because if it is. Then there is no stealth. Just like LoS and the LoS2 Demo where the enemies were placed for you in an event. I need to understand Mercurysteam's approach of open-world. Ah well, maybe it is just sections. Last thing I want is an 'Infamous' style Gameplay.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4504 on: December 09, 2013, 04:31:11 PM »
I did hear the latest issue of Game Informer has a nice review about LOS2 and they described some of the new Dracula`s abilities: Mist Form, Bat Summoning, Blood Blades that are thrown like daggers, and Glamoring. Relics Powers that allows Dracula to turning into a dragon after collecting dragon scales, etc... But i haven`t see it. if some one find it can please post it?...

So... Bat that distract enemies like fairies... blood daggers that work like the silver daggers, Turning into a dragon after collecting scales... like summoning a demon after finding crystals... blood whip that works like combat cross...

Im excited for this game but damn...

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4505 on: December 09, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »
So... Bat that distract enemies like fairies... blood daggers that work like the silver daggers, Turning into a dragon after collecting scales... like summoning a demon after finding crystals... blood whip that works like combat cross...

Reusing assets is what Castlevania does best. ;)

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Reusing assets is what Castlevania does best. ;)

*Budgets

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Just like LoS and the LoS2 Demo where the enemies were placed for you in an event. I need to understand Mercurysteam's approach of open-world. Ah well, maybe it is just sections. Last thing I want is an 'Infamous' style Gameplay.

I thought MercurySteam has already stated that the beginning of the game will be linear, but as you progress, the game progressively becomes more and more open world. Judging from the demo to the game, it's clear that either the demo is the very beginning of the game, or somewhere near it. I'd imagine he starts the game off with all that we saw in the demo, but somehow loses it all (a la Alucard in SotN, perhaps?), then we go and progress and get the rest of the stuff?

But anyway, yeah, I think we'll start with a linear title like the original LoS, and it'll slowly open up into a more open-ended game.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I thought MercurySteam has already stated that the beginning of the game will be linear, but as you progress, the game progressively becomes more and more open world. Judging from the demo to the game, it's clear that either the demo is the very beginning of the game, or somewhere near it. I'd imagine he starts the game off with all that we saw in the demo, but somehow loses it all (a la Alucard in SotN, perhaps?), then we go and progress and get the rest of the stuff?

But anyway, yeah, I think we'll start with a linear title like the original LoS, and it'll slowly open up into a more open-ended game.
Yeah, it looks like the demo is at the start of the game sort of as a tutorial and afterward we see how Gabriel loses his powers and ends up a frail old looking vampire as we saw in the LoS1 epilogue. As we start regaining our powers, the game will likely become more and more open world. I'm kind of disappointed that the dragon form looks like it's going to function like the dark crystal from LoS1. I was hoping for something new and innovative.

Well, that's MS for you.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #4509 on: December 09, 2013, 07:08:46 PM »

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I just got my issue of Game Informer, which is odd since it usually comes around the middle of the month.

It is a preview, not a review.  I haven't had chance to read it yet but it shows some new screenshots, one of them being Dracula's Dragon Form, which looks awesome.  When I've had chance to read it, I'll update you more.
Review, Preview, whatever... i didn`t see the magazine, I didn`t read it or have it... I was right about the info and share it with the people in here to let them have some news was my goal. The rest it doesn`t really matters...

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
No Bat form? BOYCOTT!

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
i think this are the scans from the game informer magazine.

Offline jigru0511

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Looks awesome...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
dis gun b gud

wonder what that first pic is of?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.