Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406371 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
So anyone read this months issue of gameinformer? I did and the dragon from looks really cool since dracula actually turns into one I thought it was just a thing of smoke. I'have to look at it again.
Since it'll be just like the Dark Crystal, I'll probably only look once, say "wow, cool" and skip every time I need to use it (meaning time trial chalenges, probably).

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
There was more but I just skimed through it I have to read it in depth.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Any news on whether the Dragon form is actually interactive? Or will it just be your standard, disappointing Gabriel summon like it appeared in LoS?
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
It deleted my dang comment fuuuu......

I'll start from the top

We know about the mist form it's used to dodge powerful attacks,enemies, and barriers, As for the stealth sections there's not much except for that Dracula can use bats to distract opponents but, afterwards "After charming his enemies into servitude, he can take control of them to avoid unwanted encounters."

As for the dragon form he needs a talisman to transform into it and that he needs "ancient dragon scales" to activate this form, other than that "it seems to be a nuclear option for when things get dicey."

Then there's his abilities which has him cutting his wrist to create blades to stun enemies, The Seal of Alastor which unlocks every skill for Dracula weapons but the article says " temporarily" and the stolas clock which slows down time and gives experience for each attack.

The article only has five picture one with the dragon form itself, skeletons, drac dodging an enemy, old drac, and past drac looking at his castle. nothing more than that.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
I know it is just a gameplay challenge and balance but this Dracula is so materialistic when it comes to power. Some of these aren't even his own. He has to collect amulets and scales for his dragon form is kinda weak. Mathias did have the ebony or crimson stone but at least after that he worked for his powers after that. This guy needs to collect things and I'm only implying to Stolas, Alastor and the dragon scales. I'm fine with the Void sword and fists.

Offline soma555

• Awards

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
This is a different Dracula from Mathias and collecting stuff to achieve transformations or recurring to items to do somethings is just to make the game more entertaining. Just saying.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
who woulda thought that Dracula's dragon form will probably look like a dragon

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Is anyone else disappointed by the lack of bat form in the LoS trilogy?
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Yes. I really hoped for a bat form

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
At least the Mist Form and Wolf Form are still something. I want new mechanics though, not some bootleg clone of subweapons. At least the light and shadow magic is an actual gameplay now. And how does charm work? Does it let us actually control NPC or is it like Force Unleashed where you tell the enemy that your kin are betraying you and they fight their fellow knights.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Then there's his abilities which has him cutting his wrist to create blades to stun enemies,

Now that's edgy.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Dracula Dragon Form

Ok, ok. I know it's low res, but it kinda looks like a bloodied flying possum.
Smaug is more magnificent. (Sorry dears, I just have to put it here)

Is anyone else disappointed by the lack of bat form in the LoS trilogy?

Me too. Maybe they don't like the idea of vampires transforming into bats.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Me too. Maybe they don't like the idea of vampires transforming into bats.

But...
(click to show/hide)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
But...
(click to show/hide)

Oh right. Forgot about that.
Maybe they don't want players to play hide and seek as a bat.