Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406465 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It´s coming....

Do not go up to the HYPE Train by the trailers, it is very good game, but it is a LOS, repeat not a SOTN, not a ZELDA, not a SKYRIM and not a GOW ... has a bit of everything and I like it. So Don`t imagine what is not.

The story will bring controversy and big ... I do not know if any of IGA read the script before .. but HOHOHO.

P.D.

You can't tell me what to do, this hypetrain is on OVERDRIVE!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I loved LoS, and I'm not expecting it to be any of those other games.

Am I allowed to be hyped anyway?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
Wait, who said Lords of Shadow looked like Skyrim or Zelda?  :o
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
certain people in this thread started to call LoS2 a "Zeldavania" and "skyrimvania" several pages back

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
That's silly.

(click to show/hide)
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Is Bergaron a dev? A lot of his posts sounds like he knows something.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Is Bergaron a dev? A lot of his posts sounds like he knows something.

From my understanding, he lives in Madrid and knows someone at Mercurysteam. He may very well have seen more of the game than anyone else here.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The story will bring controversy and big ... I do not know if any of IGA read the script before .. but HOHOHO.
Canon reboot confirmed.

So,. bergaron, the "open world" is nothing to be excited about? lame.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
So is it possible my theory of "Dracula traveling back in time to prevent Satan from succeeding and saving himself from becoming Dracula thus altering history for the events of Lament of Innocence to take place" is semi-true after all  :o :o :o

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Timeline wouldn't allow it. Mathias would've been born in 1062. Gabe was born way before that.

But weirder things can happen.

EDIT: Like
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:14:27 PM by The Puritan »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
You can't tell me what to do, this hypetrain is on OVERDRIVE!

Day 322:

Subject shows masochistic tendencies. Fantasies about a "hypertrain" suggest technological fetish.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:28:35 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Why would they "insert" LoS in the classic Castlevania timeline when they have said over and over again that LoS is his own thing?.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Guys don't run wild because of what one user is writing. After all he might just be a troll or someone who wants to make us freak out.
However, I want official News man. It's 2014 and the game will be released in less than 2 months. Where are new Infos on the game? What the hell? I mean it is not the fault of MercurySteam, I am sure they did a great job on the game. However, the publisher can be accused here: I mean the majority of the game will take place in the modern day City (60 %). And yet nothing was shown of it yet.
I heard people talking about the open world structure, about the City etc. but I never saw any ingame material of said content. And it's not too much asked for to at least get some screenshots of the city. At least a small series of new screenshots showcasing a few new places and enemies would be enough o satisfy me.
Is someone here Feeling the same as me?

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
http://www.gamepur.com/news/13151-castlevania-lords-shadows-2-interesting-information-revealed.html

- At some point you can find an egg in the game. After it hatches, a small flying monster will search for items.
- Some sort of dwarf” (I’m guessing the Chupacabra) will set up shop in the castle. Here you will be able to buy both regular and unique items.
- At some point you can unlock here “something that will constitute a large part of the gameplay, but Cox is not allowed to talk about yet.
- You can turn into a rat to avoid enemies.
- You can take over the bodies of enemies to get past modern security.
- You can freely travel between past and present using portals.

I don't know how valid is this but... seems like prototypevania to me.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 02:20:54 AM by Zetheraxza »

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #4829 on: January 02, 2014, 01:43:02 AM »
Guys don't run wild because of what one user is writing. After all he might just be a troll or someone who wants to make us freak out.
However, I want official News man. It's 2014 and the game will be released in less than 2 months. Where are new Infos on the game? What the hell? I mean it is not the fault of MercurySteam, I am sure they did a great job on the game. However, the publisher can be accused here: I mean the majority of the game will take place in the modern day City (60 %). And yet nothing was shown of it yet.
I heard people talking about the open world structure, about the City etc. but I never saw any ingame material of said content. And it's not too much asked for to at least get some screenshots of the city. At least a small series of new screenshots showcasing a few new places and enemies would be enough o satisfy me.
Is someone here Feeling the same as me?

Someone on Gaf mentioned that the preview embargo will be lifted in the middle of this month. So starting next week or so, we'll be seeing more of the game.