Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406039 times)

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
about the City

To be honest, I prefer that they keep the modern day stuff in secret.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
@Zetheraxza
That information is legit. It's information I translated from a Dutch article about the game. Someone reposted it elsewhere apperently.

I may be a bit cynical, but I think they avoid showing much of the city because they want to avoid backlash about it looking very out of place in a Castlevania game, similarly how LoS1 got a lot of flack when they showed pics from the Land of the Lycans.

Also, this talk about how "controversial" the story will be makes me worried.     

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Is Bergaron a dev? A lot of his posts sounds like he knows something.

I'm not a developer (not gaming  ;D) I currently work as technical support in the computer area of a major Spanish power company.

An old acquaintance works for MS , occasionally have time to send some Whasup , but does not have much in the last year and a half , there were many leaks in MoF (most blame Cox) but also programmers and tester ( the two tester who left the language in MoF and los2 were authentic , at least what we had was true at the time) .

Really what it told me to (very little) last week is what I put in the forum, told me recently and quite more because they will start to release enough information in the next two months to raise the hype .. up to 10 days before launch.

Actually if you look at what you have seen so far are just a little dracula begins when weakened , and almost all pictures of the scene of the demo and a couple of them with alucard , nothing more ... in a game with nearly 3 hours of non-playable scenes ... imagine that remains of the story ..

Particularly I would finish the game otherwise .. but .. at least is somewhat flexible and interpretable part , so more or less each one will have a piece to grip and his theory of the end.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I'm not a developer (not gaming  ;D) I currently work as technical support in the computer area of a major Spanish power company.

An old acquaintance works for MS , occasionally have time to send some Whasup , but does not have much in the last year and a half , there were many leaks in MoF (most blame Cox) but also programmers and tester ( the two tester who left the language in MoF and los2 were authentic , at least what we had was true at the time) .

Really what it told me to (very little) last week is what I put in the forum, told me recently and quite more because they will start to release enough information in the next two months to raise the hype .. up to 10 days before launch.

Actually if you look at what you have seen so far are just a little dracula begins when weakened , and almost all pictures of the scene of the demo and a couple of them with alucard , nothing more ... in a game with nearly 3 hours of non-playable scenes ... imagine that remains of the story ..

Particularly I would finish the game otherwise .. but .. at least is somewhat flexible and interpretable part , so more or less each one will have a piece to grip and his theory of the end.

As Long as I will have a very hard but awesome battle against Zobek which resembles a Death battle (with Zobek turning into a Death like appearance as well) I am more than happy.

Does the game at least have an epic final Boss fight? While I Kind of did like the final Boss in LoS 1 I felt it was too easy for a final boss and lacked a second form.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Can you spoil the epic whole game please?

:rollseyes:

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
@Zetheraxza
That information is legit. It's information I translated from a Dutch article about the game. Someone reposted it elsewhere apperently.

I may be a bit cynical, but I think they avoid showing much of the city because they want to avoid backlash about it looking very out of place in a Castlevania game, similarly how LoS1 got a lot of flack when they showed pics from the Land of the Lycans.

Also, this talk about how "controversial" the story will be makes me worried.   

I thought they'd said that the city was built around the castle and had a gothic feeling because of it? Or something?

Who knows. These guys just need to put fine print notices at the end of every interview they do.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
LoS was already pretty damn controversial, I don't know how much more controversial LoS2 could get. I guess we should all just expect a super bad end or something else to upset Castlevania fans.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
It will get so controversial that Gabriel and Satan will have homoerotic kissing and shit that will hit the charts on the news! People will be like, "Vidya Gaems maik Keeds Gai!". Did I mention Satan will be illuminati, oh wait he is.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
No, it will be more like: Satan was actually Jesus in disguise the whole time and God is really the one behind everything just to torment Gabriel and just because God is a prick and felt like tormenting a human for fun. After all, what are humans to gods? Just meaningless pawns to play with and are expendable.

Behold my power and tremble

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
No, it will be more like: Satan was actually Jesus in disguise the whole time and God is really the one behind everything just to torment Gabriel and just because God is a prick and felt like tormenting a human for fun. After all, what are humans to gods? Just meaningless pawns to play with and are expendable.
Now, THAT would be AWESOME.
Game of the forever if true.

Everything comes full circle

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Yeah, but there would likely be a huge backlash from the conservative religious community who believe in a just and perfectly good God. Then again, who gives a damn so long as the game isn't banned. Besides, I've heard that in recent years atheism has been on the rise.

So long as the story is told well and the gameplay is good, I couldn't care less about how society feels.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Conservative religious people aside, that sounds like an awful ending.

What story does that tell? That life sucks because God is a mean kid with a magnifying glass burning off our feelers and watching us squirm and so Dracula, and by extension Satan, is justified in doing all the awful stuff he does? Thanks but no thanks, I already played God of War, and it did the story way better.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I also agree that most of the modern day city stuff should be kept hidden, with only small tidbits being released to the public. It'll keep a lot of the game a surprise, unlike what happened with MoF (where Trevor himself should have been kept completely a secret).

The only shame with the release of LoS2 is that I'll be taking another long absence from this board, just like I did with MoF, and mostly LoS. I'll be doing the same from every major gaming website and forum. Best way I can think of to avoid spoilers until I finish the game.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

That feels like one of the many stories of Ancient Greek mythology.
I prefer they write something else, I'm too bored of greek myths recently.
But anyway, as long as they don't kill the gameplay. Story is always secondary in Castlevania after all.