Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406680 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm not against the kitchen, I actually liked, it's a juxtaposition but I think that's kinda the idea, this game is trying things that have never be attempted and probable never will. I personally want it to go nuts at everything.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Yeah, exactly. Impress me. I'm all about that life. This is still a Castlevania game with Vampires, Dracula, Belmonts, Heaven vs Hell, etc. It doesn't have to be the cliche of its medium.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Wow. Such a sudden explosion of posts.

I love the look of the city. The kitchen is interesting. Everything is an illusion in Gabe's mind. Yeah, he is on an acid trip. hehehe.

So, Konami Japan will further milk the LOS franchise. damn. And here I was hoping for something other than LOS.

Offline SaibotMK

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Be wary of too much hype.
You might deflate if the game delivers less that what it promised.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm not against the kitchen, I actually liked, it's a juxtaposition but I think that's kinda the idea, this game is trying things that have never be attempted and probable never will. I personally want it to go nuts at everything.

This is basically my thought on the game. I love the complete wackiness of demons piloting mechs and Satan owning corporations like a demonic Mr. X from Streets of Rage.

I'm definitely looking forward to it... and I hope Konami is wise and doesn't turn LoS into the next IGAvania series by milking it for almost a decade until people are sick of it.

My personal hope/guess for the basic plot arch goes like this:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:25:47 PM by Munchy »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
On one screenshot with Victor, we can see a burning car on the right. So he's the modern day Belmont?

Offline mzubailah

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Guys ! , This interview has new footage from both modern times and Past
AND IT LOOKS WICKED !
http://www.news10.net/entertainment/gameguys/article/268114/244/Konamis-Cox-talks-Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-2-next-gen-possibilities

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Developer Diary 1.

http://youtu.be/afp6mLa6BPw

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
In that new footage, Dracula looks brutal as fuck.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Guys ! , This interview has new footage from both modern times and Past
AND IT LOOKS WICKED !
http://www.news10.net/entertainment/gameguys/article/268114/244/Konamis-Cox-talks-Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-2-next-gen-possibilities
Looking good, better than expected.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
I didn't know there were Zerg in LOS 2. :D Btw why are the Zerg creatures fighting he mech in the beginning of the Video? I thought both of them are part of Satan's Forces.

Also were did you get that artwork of the winged Satan like guy? I didn't find it in the new screenshots.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I didn't know there were Zerg in LOS 2. :D Btw why are the Zerg creatures fighting he mech in the beginning of the Video? I thought both of them are part of Satan's Forces.

Also were did you get that artwork of the winged Satan like guy? I didn't find it in the new screenshots.
http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania:_Lords_of_Shadow_2/Gallery#January_2014

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
The news that Konami of Japan is taking back the series is very nice, but words cannot express my disappointment if they would make a reduntant prequel to a storyline that the original creators already declared to need no further expanding. What happend to their plans of Castlevania having no set in stone history anymore? That sounded very exciting to me.   

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Rumors, lol.