Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406158 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I did, when my 360 wasn't missing/busted/whatever.

Got it. Just got a bit confused because I was pretty sure you played LoS. Now it makes sense.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Only just read about the "rape" comments. Well... vampires have been given a sexual connotation since Stoker's book. I guess you could call the vampire bite a rape of sorts, in that it's an unwanted invasion of personal space and, in this case, probably of the spirit (assuming the family comes back as the undead and Gabriel doesn't just turn them into raisins).

All that notwithstanding... it's Dracula. I'd say this kind of violence is a given.

And if Cox hated the God of War comparisons before... well, playing as a "bad guy" with a tragic past isn't going to help that any.

My main question is, if Gabriel wants to be freed of his immortality, and is extremely decrepit and on the verge of death when Zobek saves him... why wouldn't he just, I don't know, dash his own brains out or something? It's weird that he would be in need of saving, yet unable to die, then just go along with a guy who stabbed him in the back hundreds of years earlier.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
This has been the most fun Castlevania day ever. Konami should be dancing up and down of happiness, this game suddenly appeared on the radars of a lot of people. Great publicity stunt.
My main question is, if Gabriel wants to be freed of his immortality, and is extremely decrepit and on the verge of death when Zobek saves him... why wouldn't he just, I don't know, dash his own brains out or something? It's weird that he would be in need of saving, yet unable to die, then just go along with a guy who stabbed him in the back hundreds of years earlier.
He didin't die with Simon's stabbing so we could imagine he just can't die, at all, even  nuking his body with a bomb will end in him regenerating. Or that's how I understand it. That's why he needs Zobek.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:19:01 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Apparently also in article I read awhile back, it is mentioned that each time Dracula dies he is rejected from entering heaven or hell :P. So he may be really desperate when he needs Zobek. Also Patrick Stewart voice is soooooo convincing.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5059 on: January 13, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »

If he killed himself he'll just end up awakening with cars flying aroung. He wants to stay dead for good and what better help to end immortallity than the lord of the dead.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
OH no wonder he has issues.

As for the feminazis, LoS2 is a vampire game, if you can't stomach the true horrors of the vampiric mythos, go away (languish in your own stupid Twilight world) and never come back.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Honestly my issue isn't that she had problem with the scene is that she made a article about the whole scene before the game is out rather than a preview of the freakin game! She is entitled to her opinion but piece just seems like bad game journalism (OMG WHAT A SURPRISE  :P).
You know there is mention of Zobek running a company LOL, I wonder what type of company he runs? Probably insurance :P.
By the way guys I don't think castle is in past, I think it may be in its own dimension within the city or maybe the castle is within Dracula all this time (LE PLOT TWIST?!!)

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Honestly my issue isn't that she had problem with the scene is that she made a article about the whole scene before the game is out rather than a preview of the freakin game! She is entitled to her opinion but piece just seems like bad game journalism (OMG WHAT A SURPRISE  :P).
You know there is mention of Zobek running a company LOL, I wonder what type of company he runs? Probably insurance :P.
By the way guys I don't think castle is in past, I think it may be in its own dimension within the city or maybe the castle is within Dracula all this time (LE PLOT TWIST?!!)

Hmm, the castle is a living being. It is connected to Dracula and Dracula still exists. Thus maybe the Castle still exists but not as the ruins that we see in the modern day but it created its own dimension where it can still exist.
Cox mentioned that Satan would be resurrected in the castle. Now imagine if near the end of the game the old castle will return to the modern times (like quickly building itself or being warped in in some kind) andthe entire city will be destroyed. :D
Also on a side note: Since Satan is resurrected in the castle and since the Leviathan sleeps under the castle grounds the leak about the progression of the game might be real after all, with the Leviathan being the final boss though it would be an unusual choice for a final boss!

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

Also on a side note: Since Satan is resurrected in the castle and since the Leviathan sleeps under the castle grounds the leak about the progression of the game might be real after all, with the Leviathan being the final boss though it would be an unusual choice for a final boss!

Unless the "Castle's blood" is really Leviathan's blood, and the fight with "Leviathan" is the fight with his congealed blood, a.k.a. the gore monster shown a few pages back.
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Might as well mention this now than never. I'm a little bugged by Victor's design if he really is the present-day Belmont. For starters, he's wearing a medieval-era gauntlet. There are also some other parts that aren't feasible to be modern-day designs, unless...oh my god, Victor somehow time-travelled to the present.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Might as well mention this now than never. I'm a little bugged by Victor's design if he really is the present-day Belmont. For starters, he's wearing a medieval-era gauntlet. There are also some other parts that aren't feasible to be modern-day designs, unless...oh my god, Victor somehow time-travelled to the present.

Ta-dah~ Time Travel solves every unanswered plot hole. Lazy story writers....

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Yea, I'm kinda interested how his look will be explained, if they bother to. Otherwise I'll chalk it up to a tradition or he simply went nuts from the family curse.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
His outfit looks completely medieval, down to how ragged his clothes are. Maybe the game takes place in a apocalyptic future or something? Either that or he is a cosplayer.   

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
On one screenshot, you can see torches behind Victor, and on another one, a burned car. I think he fits both eras.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
The game is released in one month and the aformentioned scene was shown to the press only, with all jourlaists pointing its shocking avlue but only one accusing Cox of gloryfying rape.

I look forward to your impressions once we can see it.

You see, by what people are talking here and other forums, and by our previous experiences with shrieking feminists and sensationalitic journalism, I think you all got the right opinion. The woman is just trying to play "honest opinion", and the scene will be nowhere near as hair pulling as she's making it to be.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.