Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406111 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
That along would improve my opinion of this game by leaps and bounds.
I was kind of looking forward to neck chomping finishers. :\

I don't get the point of that question with save file.
Well Konami DID create shit like Psycho Mantis... And a few games used to do that back when memory cards were a thing.

Maybe that person was thinking along the lines of AoS and DoS where you get something in DoS when the AoS cartridge is inserted on the DS.

wait what, this is news to me, what happens
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I forgot about that AoS/DoS connection. i forget what eggzactly happens, i think it's like an item or something. i like using the Terror Bear to attack my enemies  o.o;

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
I was kind of looking forward to neck chomping finishers. :\

Since when do finishers have to necessarily be QTEs? They were around decades before the advent of pace breaking, hand holding cinematics. I'd rather a skill based finisher over a reflex based QTE any day.

Well Konami DID create shit like Psycho Mantis... And a few games used to do that back when memory cards were a thing.

Yeah. That's nothing new and it certainly doesn't belong to Mass Effect.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:19:55 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Since when do finishers have to necessarily be QTEs? They were around decades before the advent of pace breaking, hand holding cinematics. I'd rather a skill based finisher over a reflex based QTE any day.

What exactly is a "skill based finisher"?

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
wait what, this is news to me, what happens
You get a rare ring. Which you get on your own terms anyway, but only much later in the game.

What exactly is a "skill based finisher"?
A variable finisher move that depends on your current abilities (at least that's my conception of it). And it's an interesting idea, too.
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Well we already know there is option to turn of the QTES and possibly at higher difficulty they are automatically turned off. I do respect MS for putting this option. I love QTES for finishing off bosses but for other shit(outside of boss battles) can get tedious. So I will turn off QTES when I am not in a boss battle :P.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well we already know there is option to turn of the QTES and possibly at higher difficulty they are automatically turned off. I do respect MS for putting this option. I love QTES for finishing off bosses but for other shit(outside of boss battles) can get tedious. So I will turn off QTES when I am not in a boss battle :P.

Now this is something that's a little confusing to me. Do they mean you can turn off both QTEs and button prompts?

For example, Silent Hill Downpour let you turn off prompts. This meant that when you stand in front of a door, the normal message saying "X to Open" would not pop up on the screen.

Resident Evil 6 for the PC had an option to turn off QTEs if I'm remembering correctly (meaning, auto-complete them, so that no input was required).

So, in LoS2, does this mean that the option just shows you a cinematic kill when it would normally require a QTE? Or will the on screen indicators just vanish?

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Now this is something that's a little confusing to me. Do they mean you can turn off both QTEs and button prompts?

For example, Silent Hill Downpour let you turn off prompts. This meant that when you stand in front of a door, the normal message saying "X to Open" would not pop up on the screen.

Resident Evil 6 for the PC had an option to turn off QTEs if I'm remembering correctly (meaning, auto-complete them, so that no input was required).

So, in LoS2, does this mean that the option just shows you a cinematic kill when it would normally require a QTE? Or will the on screen indicators just vanish?
Yes the on screen prompts and QTES will disappear on this option. People who play the recently released demo such as me noticed that option is included to turn them off and will be included in the final game. For example if you grab a brotherhood knight and are about to dispatch him, usually a QTE would appear that you have to press right in order to suck his blood, with QTE turned off, you just press grab button and you bite the sucka. Another example is when Gabriel is on giant robot, QTES will appear which you have to press correctly in order to avoid getting smashed into castle, with the QTES turned off, it just plays with giant robot smashing itself into castle without anything happening to you.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
MoF HD had the option of disabling QTE's.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Soooo guys the legion type monster is called the flesh titan. Ha.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Where did you get the information from of the name?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Soooo guys the legion type monster is called the flesh titan. Ha.
Dracula has to climb that shit?

Disgusting.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Where did you get the information from of the name?
Spanish article.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Got a link? I would like to read it  ;D using the magic of google translate.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Oh, sorry, it's "Blood Colossus" and it's not a titan :P

Con ella recuperamos vida y tendremos que usarla para derrotar en primer lugar a uno de los nuevos mid-boss o jefe intermedio que saldrá a nuestro paso: el Coloso de Sangre.
http://www.hobbyconsolas.com/avances/avance-castlevania-lords-shadow-2-61999