Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406071 times)

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I GOT IT!

(click to show/hide)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
careful with the theories we write in this forum, MS and Konami are following and it seems they do not like that guesses in the theories.

What, are they afraid or something?

If anything, they should be happily incorporating our hypothesises into the game. Would make for much better twists (crisis proposed some, Ashaverus proposed some, just to start), and would explain the story much more concisely than what I've seen until now. Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I am saying, Konami and MS lurkers, LoS's plot went from "maybe I was wrong about this game!" to "WTF this was the twist??", you should be ashamed of it, and we can do much better at it than you. It looks like a wacky fanfiction (c'mon, the big bad up 'till now is Satan, thrown in on the story at the last fuckin' minute with the most cryptic clues in a game after Simon's Quest that hinted at his appearance and that could mean fuckin' anything! Why not keep Zobek, that magnificent bastard, and construct Satan's appearance better on LoS2???), with a paper-thin character inserted in (the originals didn't try to disguise their paper-thin characteristic with fabricated pathos as you're doing), and unnecessary fanservice, as if trying to appeal to long-time fans' nostalgia, hiding the fact that you raped their names. I'll never forgive you for Brauner and Trevor Belmont. The only character that's been holding my atention and curiosity up until now is Rinaldo Gandolfi. He didn't show his face once, but his backstory has been delivered so well that I can't stop wondering about his fate. You'll throw some bullshit about him on our faces on LoS2, won't you? I know you will.

Gameplay elements? What, so you think you're innovating so goddamn much about the hack n' slash genre that you don't like us "spoiling" your game before it's out? This could be a pretty funny joke...

My final opinion is: LoS2 is looking gorgeous and mildly interesting, in fact, and I recognize that I'm being pretty dramatic.
However now, read carefully: It is looking gorgeous and interesting, doesn't mean it'll will be gorgeous and interesting in its entirety. Previous experience with both LoS games tells me that the "gorgeous" part will be relegated to graphics only. The story went from picturesque and exquisite to mediocre and terribly predictable (with very, VERY few truly awesome tidbits thrown in, like making the castle truly alive, being honest here), and you reaaaaally should not whine, and instead, listen to your CVDungeon fans, because we have played Castlevania and dozens of other games much more than you can imagine, and we know our shit. A single Dungeonite has more Castlevania on his thumb than the whole Konami's creative department together with their whole families and pets.

Whew, I had to vent dramatically xD
Knowing that they watch us and "don't like" what we think sends me over the edge. They don't have to like or not, they have to produce something top-notch (REALLY top-notch, no "mainstream" top-notch) and sell quality games. Saying that they don't like their fan's opinions and demonstrations of interest (like developing theories) just looks like they want us to simply shut up and buy any trash they want to sell us, even if it is fecal matter on a sardine tin. Maybe, that's what they want, in the end...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:37:01 AM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Then again who says that one guy stating the fact that they don't like our theories is telling the truth? I think we cannot say for sure. It would be something else if someone from MS or Konami would say it himself.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
They're just mad because I guessed Rinaldo is actually the Toymaker.  :)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Hahaha chill Enric, we do our guesses and love our little leaks because we're INTERESTED and we are so more than any part of the internet. We love drama, conjetures, guesses, it's part of every CV launch around here. And as someone said, perhaps you could grab an intresting thing or two for your game. There hasn't been a single damaging "info" everything has lead us to more hype, and you know what, we've most certainly spread the word. For example, I used to create a thread in neogaf for screens, and it would get 1000 views, but with every new news I created more and more, each time they had some hundred more, now the last screens thread got 40000 views and the one
 about the rape article? 110000. I'm not saying I'm the marketing responsible, but we all give the game more exposure than the konami marketing so when it hits it gets harder.

And you really thinl people wold not expect a Zobek bossfight? Los

Can't wait for your game.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
They're just mad because I guessed Rinaldo is actually the Toymaker.  :)
I remember it was stated in one the Fallen Knight Scrolls in MOF that the Toy Maker was of Gandolfi`s best apprentice.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:50:32 AM by Asgardwolf »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I remember it was stated in one the Fallen Knight Scrolls in MOF that the Toy Maker was of Gandolfi`s best apprentice.

I see you noticed the red herring.  :)

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I see you noticed the red herring.  :)
Prob`lly it was. We would have to wait till LOS2 comes out to get the real answer to our question.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
She was perfect in art form, has to be perfect in game form

Marry me, Carmilla

You do know she's a lesbian, right?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
You do know she's a lesbian, right?
Welp, time to get a sex change.

Everything comes full circle

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I always thought, that the last line of DoS suggested that Alucard would become the Dark Lord in the next sorrow game (out of neccessity or whatever) and that we'd have to kill him doing him a great sendoff. But alas, that didn't happen.
Well, I always thought that the only individuals in the old cannon who had a legitimate claim to becoming the next true dark lord were Alucard and Soma. I was also theorizing that there would come a point in which Alucard would start to see that people would always come after to Soma and try to turn him.  So, Alucard decides to prevent that from happening by killing Soma himself but Soma defends himself and the two have an epic battle to the death. The winner would be the first one to give into darkness, which would give him the edge to kill the other and ascend to the throne.

As for Alucard in the LoS universe, once Dracul is dead, he either commit suicide or seal himself away for eternity.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Konami bro is a hero to us all, I hope he keeps his job. He does a better job getting me excited for these games than Konami's marketing team does.

I fully expect Alucard to die in this game too, once Gabriel is freed from his immortality the Belmont Clan will dissolve along with it's oldest members. Victor will probably live, acting as the Belmont family's 2nd chance at a normal, happy life.

Or maybe everything isn't solved and Victor keeps tradition going.

Very excited to hear him talk about Zobek having a great fight, I'm pretty convinced Konami guy is not just talking hype after leaking all the cool bits about Mirror of Fate ahead of time. I'll just be over here crossing my fingers for the best arrangement of "Room of Closed Associates" to play during that fight.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:38:27 AM by OSM »

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I think that it will be Alucard who will destroy Dracula (maybe even after Dracula told him to do so), because Zobek might be killed and destroyed at that point.
Do you think that Alucard will be a boss fight? If he is what would make him different from  a Victor Belmont fight aside from the weapons? Do you think he would use Vampire abilities? Do you think that Alucard would transform?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Or they could pull an Abrams Star Trek 2, and have Alucard freed from immortality and Gabriel is the one to fall into an "eternal" sleep. Gabriel then becomes the dark protector of the world as his atonement. That leaves it open to future sequels with Gabriel remaining the main character and Trevor appearing as a Force Ghost.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:22:57 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I remembered something, the leaked mission/chapter list lists Alucard/Trevor and Zobek a bunch of times but at a certain point "Alucard" stops showing up during a pivotal chapter with Zobek. I think Zobek might kill Alucard and that explains why Gabriel will fight him?

I'm probably way off but we'll see.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:39:37 PM by OSM »

anything