Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406023 times)

Offline SirChupacabras

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I like the idea that Victor is cryptically the good side of another character, maybe Gabriel or someone else.  He's even wearing a gauntlet.

Also, is there any indication that Cornell is returning in any form?  There may be a few mild similarities between an unshaven human Cornell and Victor.  It's hard to say.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:54:53 AM by SirChupacabras »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
There was NO split, but no one says there won't be a split at the end that triggers the Gabriel vs The Dragon battle. That's pretty effective as they would both die and it would be a kinda redemption for Gabriel without being an astounding triumph.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Maybe in the split, the Dragon Form will posses the Leviathan monster that could be dormant beneath the Castle remains and that is Gabriel's Final Battle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
... especially considering there's a Castle Area called Underground Garden.
Wow, really? Wonder if they were inspired by the Saturn Nocturne in the Moonlight?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
>Still no PC preorder

Seriously, why. "preorders now open!" and they even show 360/PS3 AND PC.

On that matter, I wonder if they will do steam exclusive or actually have a physical PC release. I'd really like a physical release...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:37:26 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So my impressions of the trailer is it's good but is not that best put together trailer like the last two. Although awesome Carmila and motherfucking death puts in the good category. You know for as much as people shit on mod I think the game had more memorable boss battles than Lords of Shadows 1 and even more challenging. I am hoping the boss battles are plentiful in LOS2 and hope they are good as Cornell boss battle which was amazing.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
the trailer lacked 1 thing; gameplay. it feels like it wants to cater to Hollywood movie audiences moreso than us [see: Dark Knight Rises trailer i posted]. it's still a good i mean "EPIC" trailer, but it wouldn't have hurt to throw in some actual gameplay footage, sheesh (and by that i mean showing off platforming segments, delivering some combos to a group of enemies, etc)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Probably the last trailer they will show it. Although we did have the tutorial trailer a few months back.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
They are afraid that if they threw in gameplay, fans might notice stuff that they don't want to show yet.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
>Still no PC preorder

Seriously, why. "preorders now open!" and they even show 360/PS3 AND PC.

On that matter, I wonder if they will do steam exclusive or actually have a physical PC release. I'd really like a physical release...
THIS.

In the latest trailer, they showed a physical PC box, so let's hope there'll be one.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
From what I hear, Europe, (or parts of) are getting a physical release. it still gets registered to steam, but it's physical.

the trailer lacked 1 thing; gameplay. it feels like it wants to cater to Hollywood movie audiences moreso than us [see: Dark Knight Rises trailer i posted]. it's still a good i mean "EPIC" trailer, but it wouldn't have hurt to throw in some actual gameplay footage, sheesh (and by that i mean showing off platforming segments, delivering some combos to a group of enemies, etc)

We've seen gameplay though. We had that whole Xbox video showing off some of Gabe's moves and shit.

This is just a hype/VA trailer to sell the VA's and characters.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
weve seen some gameplay but I wanted THIS trailer to show more gameplay. why cant they mix hype VA's & characters with gameplay segments?

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
why cant they mix hype VA's & characters with gameplay segments?

Because AAA game development.

Offline mzubailah

• Awards
It seems that "Samuel Hubner Casado" On twitter already has the game
and he's already 50% in the game

EDIT :
And he's answering questions
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 08:40:15 AM by mzubailah »

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
So the game has been already been shipped. Spoilers are imminent