Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406221 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5505 on: January 28, 2014, 09:43:14 PM »
If it's not by IGA's terribly incompetent 3D team, go ahead.

As much as I enjoyed Lament of Innocence, yeah this.

Don't anybody throw bricks at me, but I don't understand the fascination with Alucard. I mean, I kind of do, with his appearance in SotN pioneering the "ridiculous loads of loots and weapons" aspect of Castlevania, but... there's no guarantee at all that Alucard coming back will mean that a new game will be as good as that one.

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
If it's not by IGA's terribly incompetent 3D team, go ahead.

Same here.

If IGA goes back to the series, he should stick to making the 2D games, with a separate team doing good 3D games. As in, put more effort into the level design than just "hallway, room full of enemies, another hallway, more hallways, another room full of enemies, etc." I think they could make a good 2D game on the consoles if they went and redrew all of the enemies in HD, Castlevania style. That would throw the "it's next-gen, games have to be in 3D" argument out the window, as far as I'm concerned. 2.5D would be good as well. As for the 3D games, they need to make sure to avoid making the mistakes of the other 3D iterations pre-LOS, be it a poor camera or monotonous level design.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I don't think IGA will ever touch the series again, I expect someone new to come along.

So I'm wondering if this will play for the final battle, or if this is when you
(click to show/hide)

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - Final Battle Theme
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:31:29 PM by OSM »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5508 on: January 29, 2014, 01:28:58 AM »
The series is not just defined by IGA or MS, so somebody else with a different vision would be my preference.

Offline mzubailah

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Guys , can someone please post the link to the Ad in here
i can't seem to find it

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
"The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)
« Reply #5510 on: January 29, 2014, 01:50:20 AM »
Don't anybody throw bricks at me, but I don't understand the fascination with Alucard. I mean, I kind of do, with his appearance in SotN pioneering the "ridiculous loads of loots and weapons" aspect of Castlevania, but... there's no guarantee at all that Alucard coming back will mean that a new game will be as good as that one.

The fascination with Alucard sprouted from his awesomeness in SotN.
Yeah, developers would rather skirt the issue with the Alucard game cause they don't want to draw the fan's ire.
Trevorcard by MS, as an example, split the fans. What more an Alucard game?

However, personally, I want that game to happen. But I am also aware of the consequences.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:52:59 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
I wanna see the Nagumo versus Jorge standoff already.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
I wanna see the Nagumo versus Jorge standoff already.

Crisis shall be the referee. Hehehe.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I don't think IGA will ever touch the series again,

Let's hope is that way.

Interview with Cox.

http://abload.de/img/coxmqud4.jpg

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
If you go to the castlevania wiki, you can see like 5 seconds of new gameplay in the ad. You can see like 2 seconds of the Agreus battle and also of that purple wind guy. Its not much at all. But i get excited about the smallest of new stuff.

Meh, I cannot watch this ad on the wiki since it only shows German ads to me. :( I guess Agreus appears normal sized here?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #5515 on: January 29, 2014, 05:25:59 AM »
Meh, I cannot watch this ad on the wiki since it only shows German ads to me. :( I guess Agreus appears normal sized here?

He's pretty tall.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:11:13 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Music sounds as generic and lifeless as ever. Give Castlevania to Platinum games.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Artwork of Satan's final form:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Leaked pic of Alucard in modern day! :o

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I hate you both

Everything comes full circle

anything