Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406242 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
How about you pray for a good game? This game is shaping up to be decent at the very best. This is what usually happens when games are hyped up and fail to live up to expectations.
This game just can't possibly be WORST than both LoS and MoF. If it is, MercurySteam can kiss their bussiness goodbye.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
This game just can't possibly be WORST than both LoS and MoF. If it is, MercurySteam can kiss their bussiness goodbye.
That's clearly not going to happen since their Contra project was probably already greenlit. If LoS2 does tank they have one more card up their sleeve.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Wait, how did Lightning Returns score higher than LoS2?

Ok I'm calling some serious bullshit now, that game looks like complete ass. The whole Lightning saga is awful.
Lightning Returns is actually pretty fun, believe it or not. The new combat system is nifty.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Lightning Returns is actually pretty fun, believe it or not. The new combat system is nifty.

The game is actually not that bad, im just sick of SE shoving Lightning down our throats and telling us "She's your goddess, LOVE HER!"

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Let's not forget their quality review for Paper Mario: TTYD
Quote from: GameInformer
"Lisa and I both knew that our Paper Mario scores were going to cause controversy. Yes, we know that many people out there will love it. We also know that it is a well-made game. However, it also WILL NOT appeal to many people - I would safely say that more people will dislike it than like it. Why? Like we said in the review, it's a very kiddie game - it's target audience is clearly young gamers - I would say 10 and under. For that reason, we had to score it low. Remember, we aren't scoring games strictly on our personal opinions, we're also scoring them based on how much we think THE GAMING PUBLIC will like them."

I can barely comprehend the irony in that statement, if just based on the fact that my 12 year old sister, who had never played an RPG in her life, loved Paper Mario 64 but couldn't get into Paper Mario TTYD based on the fact that it was too wordy and harder to follow.

They're have no idea what they are doing over there.

Mirror of Fate is the whole reason I'm still on board with the LoS series, it did pretty much everything I was hoping for and more for the new canon lore. It established the Belmont clan, gave us Dracula, but ultimately I finally had a portable Castlevania game on my 3DS. That's really the one thing I wanted more than any other game for my 3DS was a new Castlevania.

Plus it gave us some amazing designs for the Belmonts, ones I might like more than the original canon's designs. I will never stop praising Mercury Steam's artists.

The jumping was super clunky and some bosses were kinda w/e, but it was a much better game than I thought it would be.

Ditto ditto and ditto.

In addition to that, I thought it provided a nice, serious, atmospheric take on a classic formula with some bitchin' art direction. Plus, I'm a sucker for the whole father -> son -> grandson le tragic backstory angst.

The game is actually not that bad, im just sick of SE shoving Lightning down our throats and telling us "She's your goddess, LOVE HER!"

She's so booooring
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 03:56:50 PM by e105beta »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
That's clearly not going to happen since their Contra project was probably already greenlit. If LoS2 does tank they have one more card up their sleeve.
Sales will dictate that. If they plummet (and if the game is bad, they will) they could just scrap the game. They did it witha  contra once, they can do it again.

In sadder news, our series is going to get Metroid'ed :( Again. This time for the wrong reasons.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
This review comes to us right now Konami will be forced to get more information. Regarding the review .. judge for yourselves, after the first I would not believe me nothing, take 6 months to play first for believing me three or four reviews of funboys .. after I played LOS1 and think of me (for my personal taste) of the top 5 games of the older generation. Above many games 9.5 / 10 rated ..

I really do not like FIFA, Sims, Fighting Game, and shotter. If you put them tubiera note would put them 4-7 at the best. Because I do anything fun.

To taste the colors there. Try it yourself and judge.

By the way the game is difficult is a problem? Dark Soul then they put a 2/10 no?

PD is not too difficult, just as said a thousand times, is not hitting buttons, you have to use your head and that some do not know.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Wait, how did Lightning Returns score higher than LoS2?

Ok I'm calling some serious bullshit now, that game looks like complete ass. The whole Lightning saga is awful.
AND they said Lighting Returns is the WORST of the trilogy. To rank the worst of a trilogy of shit(the worst being the most rancid, stinking, slimy turd of the turd pile, hyperbole aside, they DID say it was below FFXIII and FFXIII-2, both that weren't that good to begin with) above LoS2 is kinda insulting.

Toriyama's mad obsession with her. He wants EVERYBODY to be as enthralled with her character as he is! "She is the ideal waifu! Strong, determined, yet gentle... like a rose!". Yeah, anybody remember that presentation? He brought out a rose and described how alike it is to Lighting? LOL!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:08:57 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
In sadder news, our series is going to get Metroid'ed :( Again. This time for the wrong reasons.
What does this mean? Other M'd or just no games?

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Regardless of score, im still gonna play it. I've played games that scored lower than a 6 and had fun with those than games that scored 9's and 10's.

My hypetrain stops for no number!

(Know what, fuck it, that's my new sig.)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
AND they said Lighting Returns is the WORST of the trilogy. To rank the worst of a trilogy of shit(the worst being the most rancid, stinking, slimy turd of the turd pile) above LoS2 is kinda insulting.
I've heard the opposite, that LR is the BEST of the 3 13 games. I'd believe it.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
What does this mean? Other M'd or just no games?
Forgotten, no sales, no games  :(

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I think everyone predicted that future whether LoS2 did well or not, Konami doesn't know how to handle any of their good IPs lately that are not Metal Gear Solid.

Castlevania deserves a rest.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Castlevania deserves a rest.

Not before we get that Alucard DLC.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I've heard the opposite, that LR is the BEST of the 3 13 games. I'd believe it.
I'm just saying that Game Informer said it was the worst.

Personally, I think I like the battle system more(more action based), but what they said in the article(as I read a summery of), is that there's a slew of fetch quests. I'm really not that into fetch quests(they are like, some of the WORST aspects of RPGs, be them JRPGs or WRPGs).

Into the vault with you! Go keep Goemon and the Hudson crew company!!!! *vault door slams*