Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406259 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I wouldnt give them that much credit. Didnt they say LoS2 would have no remixes?
Sucks. I mean, it's Bloody Tears, I forgave them last time, but with Carmilla again it's almost unforgivable.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Sucks. I mean, it's Bloody Tears, I forgave them last time, but with Carmilla again it's almost unforgivable.

They got lazy or they wanted to establish a character theme song.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
They got lazy or they wanted to establish a character theme song.
A character theme song with no character.... ;)

Dammit Konami, just buckle down and let MS remix some classic songs. Fuck the whole, "That are too feminine!" bullshit!

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I wouldnt give them that much credit. Didnt they say LoS2 would have no remixes?

In the Abbey Road video Cox says old tracks will be a thing

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
A character theme song with no character.... ;)

Dammit Konami, just buckle down and let MS remix some classic songs. Fuck the whole, "That are too feminine!" bullshit!

Even if we went with the assumption that the LoS2 soundtrack is shite, Dracula's theme is like the one good song.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Even if we went with the assumption that the LoS2 soundtrack is shite, Dracula's theme is like the one good song.
Dracula's Theme has a classical sound to it(I'd say it's universal, given that it fits in LoS's games, but could very well fit in the classic games too). Hell, you could put it into a Dracula movie(or even a horror movie) and the song would fit in well.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I think everyone predicted that future whether LoS2 did well or not, Konami doesn't know how to handle any of their good IPs lately that are not Metal Gear Solid.

Konami just doesn't know what to do at all without Kojima leading them by the nose, really.

I don't necessarily discount reviews (because they're just opinions at the end of the day), but it seems extremely strange to me that someone could love the first game but hate this one. Especially knocking LoS2 for being a patchwork of other games, because, uh, isn't that exactly what the first one was?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I'm a big fan of that theme and "The Throne Room" as well. I think LoS2's music will end up having the best music out of the three games.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
In the latest French interview I read, COx said there'll be remixes of old tunes. But I think we should expect tiny nods like in LoS1 rather than full remixes.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
 A article about a expo of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 manage by Konami. They have show artworks and storyboards. The article is in french, if someone could translate it... Thanks  :P

http://www.goldengeek.net/compte-rendu-exposition-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/

Another link with the same expo, but with more photos (some of then really funny xD)

http://www.gamalive.com/actus/19485-exposition-castlevania-dernier-bar-avant-la-fin-du-monde-konami.htm
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:46:29 AM by cerebralbore »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Let me do it. ;) The expo is in Paris, maybe I'll go if I have the time (as Paris is 300kms from where I live).

The statue of Gabriel was at the entrance.

They are presenting (on 2 floors) artwoks and sketches. Dave Cox was there and answered questions.

Not much stuff to say about it.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Let me do it. ;) The expo is in Paris, maybe I'll go if I have the time (as Paris is 300kms from where I live).

The statue of Gabriel was at the entrance.

They are presenting (on 2 floors) artwoks and sketches. Dave Cox was there and answered questions.

Not much stuff to say about it.

Make photos and question and share it with us. Really envy you live so near  :P.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
i want to sit on statue dracula's lap

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Cox will cease to control his twitter acount and will hand it over to konnami on february 14th :o. He tweeted that himself.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Cox will cease to control his twitter acount and will hand it over to konnami on february 14th :o. He tweeted that himself.

Why should he do that though?