Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406288 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
well maybe they also gotta follow certain rules, which may say its not necessary for them to complete the game from start to finish or whatever, and they just do that to conserve time. i dont know and i dont think nobody here knows for sure, either. and its even more time-consuming if you have to review a game you dont really like, from a genre you dont like. like i said everyone has different schedules and tastes; there are very few people posting here that like or even tolerate the Madden franchise or sports games in general but if you were tasked to play through an entire season and right a lengthy review, covering all aspects, you might just be a little biased

im just offering a different point of view, is all

I'd ask the reviewer at the office who likes Madden to review it.

I mean, I could be completely off-base and Game Informer is actually running a skeleton crew, but when I run the numbers through my head I don't see how they don't have enough time to do it.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Seriously, Reviews don't mean jack shit if you don't know the reviewer's taste in video games.
Example; If I were to review The Mass effect trilogy, I would give them all low scores mostly because I didn't enjoy it from the start.

Point is, as soon as my game hits steam, it's bought, fuck the reviewers.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Regardless of score, im still gonna play it. I've played games that scored lower than a 6 and had fun with those than games that scored 9's and 10's.

My hypetrain stops for no number!

(Know what, fuck it, that's my new sig.)

Rock that man rock it  8)

in other news is it possible that IGN might like it?

IGN AU Talks Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

besides the cutscenes (and blood?) from my understanding she seems to talk about it in a positive light. 

Also was the GI reviewer Tim Tury by the way? If it is considered me shocked.

I know that there's not much to talk about until it actually comes out, but really? 3 pages dedicated to talking about reviews of the game? In today's shitty "professional" gaming journalism world that either A: hates things for changing,  B:are paid to hate/love a game, or C: hate it for not following trends?

Oh, or D: hate it because IT'S SEXIST! RAPE EVERYWHERE! THIS GAME IS RAPING ME BY EXISTING

Only reviewer I really listen to, and even then he's not a full time reviewer, is Johnny from Super Gaming Bros.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SomecallmeJohnny

he's pretty fair.

He just reviewed SOTN and Rondo of blood he's pretty chill. His ghost and Goblins review was funny as well.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:37:57 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Rock that man rock it  8)

in other news is it possible that IGN might like it?

IGN AU Talks Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

besides the cutscenes (and blood?) from my understanding she seems to talk about it in a positive light. 

Also was the GI reviewer Tim Tury by the way? If it is considered me shocked.

He just reviewed SOTN and Rondo of blood he's pretty chill. His ghost and Goblins review was funny as well.

Could someone make a recap of the interview, my english is too bad to translate listening the interview.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I never really listen to reviewers. Plus, given their time constraints and their personal tastes, it's likely that their experience reviewing a game is quite different from buying the game and playing it on their own time their way with none of the constraints their under when reviewing the game.

It's why when a new game comes out that i'm interested in, I wait a few weeks and watch part of a play through on youtube so that I can see how the game is when played by someone with none of the restraints a professional reviewer is under. My favorite being DSPGaming.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I never really listen to reviewers. Plus, given their time constraints and their personal tastes, it's likely that their experience reviewing a game is quite different from buying the game and playing it on their own time their way with none of the constraints their under when reviewing the game.

It's why when a new game comes out that i'm interested in, I wait a few weeks and watch part of a play through on youtube so that I can see how the game is when played by someone with none of the restraints a professional reviewer is under. My favorite being DSPGaming.

He's a pretty cool guy. Though most often he blames certain games for things he has done wrong. :D Hence all the "How not to Play" Videos. :D

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
He's a pretty cool guy. Though most often he blames certain games for things he has done wrong. :D Hence all the "How not to Play" Videos. :D
That's the one thing that annoys me about him. But for the most part, he takes his time and enjoys the games he plays. I have only see him quit 3 or 4 games. And, one of them (dark souls), he went back to and completed it.

He's usually very entertaining and that's probably the reason I like him the best.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline mistressalucard

• Diva
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Magical Diva
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Moonlit Path
    • Awards
Which version are you all getting?  xbox360 or ps3?

I just preordered it and got the xbox360 version since my ps3 is now upstairs and the ps4 is in the living room.

But all the other versions of Castlevania I own are playstation if there was a choice.

I am sort of rethinking this.  Is there a huge difference in graphics?
---
Lady A

Trevor Belmont Fan

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
All this issue about press review and score reminds me a few things: if you really like and enjoy the game, it´s doesn´t matter if the press give it a low score (I know that the sales are important). I am honest to say that all the direction in LoS does not like to me at all; maybe as a stand alone franchise or spiritual sucessor (like Ghost & Goblins-Maximo).

It´s a good trilogy, with good music and ambience, but maybe not a "perfect" last gen games like The last of Us or Mass Effect, acording to the press. Yeah, these are different games, but their sales and reviews where high. Some people enjoy them, some others not (I have to confess that I only play Mass Effect for 5 minutes, and get boring).

I really like and enjoy games like Bulletstorm, Darksiders, Shinobi for PS2, Ninja Blade, and I don´t care if reviewers gave them low scores. So, let´s wait ´till the game comes out and play for ourselves, and we will give our self score :)
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Which version are you all getting?  xbox360 or ps3?

I just preordered it and got the xbox360 version since my ps3 is now upstairs and the ps4 is in the living room.

But all the other versions of Castlevania I own are playstation if there was a choice.

I am sort of rethinking this.  Is there a huge difference in graphics?
PC.

Offline mindbender

• Awards
Yup. After experiencing how much nicer looking and easier to play the PC version of LoS1 was compared to the console, i can't accept anything less. I'm sure it'll be great to play with a PS4 controller too!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
DSP

Not THE DSP, right..?

Right..?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
DSP is a gigantic spaz who doesn't deserve the amount of cash he has right now. I'll never understand why he gets so much attention.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
DSP

Not THE DSP, right..?

Right..?

Hey if people find enjoyment in watching the most cringeworthy attempts at playing video games this world has ever seen and be a total dickass to your own fanbase (hell a dickass in general) then by all means he's free to watch DSP.

That said, let's keep the DSP talk for another thread.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i am getting it for PS3, but i agree PC is the best way to go graphics/FPS-wise

anything