Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406246 times)

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Do you have it?

That is a picture that Dave tweeted today.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
What is it?

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I wish the Steam pre-order will hurry up and list, the game is going to release in less than 3 weeks

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I wish the Steam pre-order will hurry up and list, the game is going to release in less than 3 weeks
I REALLY don't get what the holdup is. Or that Dave would just up and say something about it besides "Soon™"
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Why was the twitter page deleted?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
He also said the game will be avaible for D/L on PSN/XBL the rlease day but i can`t see any preoder options on PSN, it actually says Disk Only... I asked about it but no answer... It seens he just like to answer retard questions and retweet B*ll Licking comments as always...

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

From my understanding, there isn't going to be a simultaneous PC release. It will release sometime later on PC and there is no concrete date. Unless I have outdated info. It's hard to follow with like 6 pages a day here, lol.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
What is it?

This http://www.game.es/Product/Default.aspx?SKU=099264 the special box of the "entry edition". I have only see it in game.es, I don't know if is exclusive or no. Looks awesome, probably the version that I will get.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'd love a Castlevania spin-off just called: Belmont. I think the image works pretty well :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
New interview discussing the franchise past, present, and future.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/06/talking-the-past-present-and-future-of-castlevania

“I honestly don’t know what’s next for Castlevania,” he admitted. “Whoever comes after us should feel free to take it forward in any way they see fit. We always saw this as a torch being passed to us, and we knew one day we would pass that torch on. If they want to continue in this [Lords of Shadow] universe, they are more than welcome as far as we are concerned, but, of course, if they want to go back to the old canon or, indeed, forge their own destiny, then we should allow them their chance.”

“One thing I do know: Castlevania will never die, and as long as there are fans out there who want to spend some time with these characters, in this world, then its future is assured.”
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:07:13 PM by OSM »

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
I'd love a Castlevania spin-off just called: Belmont. I think the image works pretty well :P

Ah, something about the name Belmont just perfectly fits with a clan of vampire hunters. Bless whoever thought that up.  8)

I kinda have the feeling this one would come to North America. It's not full blown as the Tomb Edition but it's certainly neat. Then again, Dave has been saying for a while that there wouldn't be a special edition for North America.  ???
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
From my understanding, there isn't going to be a simultaneous PC release. It will release sometime later on PC and there is no concrete date. Unless I have outdated info. It's hard to follow with like 6 pages a day here, lol.
The trailer seems to imply otherwise, considering all the "preorder now!" images show the PC version included. Dave Cox also just keeps saying "soon" the preorders will open. Soon
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
PC version, same day that console version, steam game ready, pre-order imminent, problems with steam for extra special, but they are already practically solved.

And with this last message I leave. :)

P. D. The game is very good 9/10, do not believe anyone pissed you put a 6/10 because the game is not like you want, try it, see videos and then judge you, for me it is LOS1 x 5. A few will like it and others hate is it not in all games?.

PD2 The DLC will not change anything endgame, as Cox said, only show past histories and parallel paths of the characters (like Alucard), there will also be some very cheap cosmetic DLC.

Good luck community
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
 New preview (this time in video) from EliteGamer about he first hours of the game; his conclusions:

- Impeccable camera.
 - Improve combat.
 - Artistically shocking
 - The weapons can be upgrade.
 - Dracula have stealth parts cause in this moment of the aventure, it isn't enough strong to combat against the enemy.
 - The test version was the ps3; it have some graphics irregularities, some badlooking textures definition, the antialiasing should improve.

Personal conclusion from the journalist: almost unbeatable first sensations, looks adictive, demanding skill, combat+puzzle+stealth seems nice, doing that the game don't feel repetitive.

Sorry for my english.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
PC version, same day that console version, steam game ready, pre-order imminent, problems with steam for extra special, but they are already practically solved.

And with this last message I leave. :)

P. D. The game is very good 9/10, do not believe anyone pissed you put a 6/10 because the game is not like you want, try it, see videos and then judge you, for me it is LOS1 x 5. A few will like it and others hate is it not in all games?.

PD2 The DLC will not change anything endgame, as Cox said, only show past histories and parallel paths of the characters (like Alucard), there will also be some very cheap cosmetic DLC.

Good luck community

peace out then B   8)  so in your opinion overall the people will love it. heck I know I'll love but people do follow review scores
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

anything