Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406187 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
This is the first time I read something coming from you that isn't garbage... I actually agree with you 100%

No, it's still pretty garbage.

OK guys I don't know what planet I'm living in but I see this score being superior to the 2 before.

Planet Wrong. It's ok, I live there too.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

Planet Wrong. It's ok, I live there too.

That makes 3 of us.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
People were just hoping for more of a "melodic" feel in LOS2 when it came down to the music, something close to the original games at least. Can't really blame them for being a bit hopeful that Araujo would switch up a bit. But hey at least they won't have to put up with Araujo's Hollywood esq music anymore after this (unless they're also fans of Contra, then I dunno what to tell you).

Me personally, the soundtrack is exactly what I'd thought it would be so im not disappointed but im not exactly thrilled as I do expect most of the tunes to repeat itself throughout the game. But if I ever do get tired of the music, I can always import songs from the older Castlevania titles.

That makes 3 of us.

Add me as the 4th ranger.

And is it me or is the forum slow as hell lately?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:45:12 PM by Kingshango »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

somebody clogged the toilet, again

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Add me as the 4th ranger.

And me like the 5th man in discord.

Yeah, really slow load.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I...can't help but feel disappointed by the music too. I expected exactly what I heard before I even hit play, but I guess I was hoping for something with more melody like the old music.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I...can't help but feel disappointed by the music too. I expected exactly what I heard before I even hit play, but I guess I was hoping for something with more melody like the old music.

I didn't expect more melody... But I did expect electronic... I WAS PROMISED ELECTRONIC

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards

Yeah, really slow load.

So i am not the only one with the problem. I originally thought my internet service provider is slow.

I didn't expect more melody... But I did expect electronic... I WAS PROMISED ELECTRONIC

Do not expect all promises to be delivered. Especially with the LoS saga.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
The sound quality of the samples is horrifying. I know there are some space requirements, but c'mon, that's like 56kbs.

Offline somasworld

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Gabriel becomes a kid at the very end of LOS2 = Cox spoiled the end with his new twitter-account :( :( :( :(

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
he spoiled the end because his new twitter account is kid-dracul  not kid-dracula !!!

i hate such big terrible spoilers :( :(

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I've heard via the CVLOS2 fb group that apparently another 12 tracks will be added to the soundtrack.  If anyone else is on there, it's one of the comments in reply to my post with the amazon listing.  I then found the sumthing.com listing for the soundtrack.  I had been poking around trying to find whether there were any any listings yet for the ost, which so far I'm really liking.  I hope though that the song used in the cinematic trailer features in it, as that's one of my favourites.

Sorry I didn't post it here first.  I've been trying to avoid this thread as much as posisble to try and avoid too many major spoilers... Well, I've already had one spoiler ruined for me by looking through the artwork folder on the fb group from the Paris exhibit and realising it wasn't spoiler-free. ¬_¬
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
This is the first time I read something coming from you that isn't garbage... I actually agree with you 100%

Listen, I'm genuinely sorry if anything I've written in the past has alienated you (the same to you, e105beta), and I can assure you that fostering disagreement never figured among my original intentions -- but it also happens that calling my posts "garbage" isn't something that will help me, you, or this community build some semblance of a meaningful discussion. I could say the same for everything I've seen of you write -- but where would that get us? Nowhere.
I'm glad that we do share common ground here, and to be honest that's all I really care about. Even if we don't see eye to eye on some other related matters, I don't want that permeating into every post I see from you in the future, because that just isn't how this kind of a forum is supposed to function. I'm also a much bigger fan of LoS than what you seem to think, so hold your horses for a second and you might realize that our opinions aren't as incompatible as you've made them out to be.

So i am not the only one with the problem. I originally thought my internet service provider is slow.
Well that's a relief. I'd also assumed my internet connection had taken a hit...

Well, I've already had one spoiler ruined for me by looking through the artwork folder on the fb group from the Paris exhibit and realising it wasn't spoiler-free. ¬_¬
Wait, there's a Paris exhibition? Why haven't I heard of it? I could actually go see it at this point...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 06:57:35 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
I think it might have been a one night only event.  I think it might have been an invite-only.  There aren't a huge number of guests visible in the photos.  It's the one from which some pictures of the French Konami division cosplaying a mx of LoS characters and old timeline chars appeared on Cox's twitter.  There were some very pretty paintings.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I think it might have been a one night only event.  I think it might have been an invite-only.  There aren't a huge number of guests visible in the photos.  It's the one from which some pictures of the French Konami division cosplaying a mx of LoS characters and old timeline chars appeared on Cox's twitter.  There were some very pretty paintings.
It lasts one month.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Thanks!  ;D

Now to find a way to get to Paris... 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:03:38 AM by tatteredseraph »

anything