Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406167 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
This demo will never arrive. I'm losing my mind.  :rollseyes:

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
So guys, what are you doing to ease the pain of these eternal days?

I keep myself busy by lurking in other forums/sites that have no relation to video games.
There are so many things that are coming out this year. /giddy

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Another dude on 4chan posted his impressions on the game (he's played 2 hours before posting this):

Things I like so far:
>free camera
>magic powers are tied to weapons now
>you can disable QTEs
>great art style
>a lot of boss fights, fast and neat platforming

What I don't like:
>forced stealth sections where you can posses people/monsters and turn into rats
>shitload of cutscenes - two hours in I'm still playing the tutorial and there's a cutscene every few steps I take, it's kinda annoying - though I'm sure the game will open up soon

I truly hope those stealth sections aren't THAT bad.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
well folks, there you have it

the stealth in los2 will be messy & disrupts the flow of the game, 1 complaint thats consistent with every review i've read

its stuff like this that can drag the fun factor of a game down immensely.we'll see...

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6109 on: February 11, 2014, 05:33:50 AM »
Looks like the team that design the titan fights in LOS1 also did the steath bits in LOS2.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER I
« Reply #6110 on: February 11, 2014, 05:43:03 AM »
Looks like the team that design the titan fights in LOS1 also did the steath bits in LOS2.

xDD.

Two more previews:

http://zedgamesau.net/reviews-2/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-preview

http://www.unautreblog.com/2014/02/07/compte-rendu-castlevania-los2-mes-impressions/

The second is in french, so I dont understand anything.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #6112 on: February 11, 2014, 07:14:17 AM »
Two more previews:

http://zedgamesau.net/reviews-2/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-preview

http://www.unautreblog.com/2014/02/07/compte-rendu-castlevania-los2-mes-impressions/

The second is in french, so I dont understand anything.

First guy is obviously paid off. Nobody likes the stealth sections

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Stealth sections and a lot of cutscenes? Well, I smell "that guy" is still involved in the game somehow.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Stealth sections and a lot of cutscenes? Well, I smell "that guy" is still involved in the game somehow.

(click to show/hide)
I would have liked that Mercury hadn't got cocky and Kojima would had been still supervising. They were making stealth, they had the best stealth developer fpr stealth in the world but their arrogance blinded them. See the results now.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I would have liked that Mercury hadn't got cocky and Kojima would had been still supervising. They were making stealth, they had the best stealth developer fpr stealth in the world but their arrogance blinded them. See the results now.

Who says Kojima isn't busy doing other stuff? The impression I got was that he was only there to "brand" the first game in the first place.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #6116 on: February 11, 2014, 07:30:06 AM »
First guy is obviously paid off. Nobody likes the stealth sections
i get the feeling im not gonna  have much issue with them. i love me some stealth. and turning into rats is pretty damn Dracula
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Who says Kojima isn't busy doing other stuff? The impression I got was that he was only there to "brand" the first game in the first place.
He was making Peace Walker back in the LoS times. He had a good advisor role and helped them with some aspects. They were doing STEALTH and chose not to work with the master of stealth. It was a bad decision. MS could be good action developers but stealth needs years of study, I personally think that mercury's biggest problem is overambition combined with overconfidence. Same case with MoF, you just don't think that you can make a good 2d game because you made a good3d one, completely different beasts.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6118 on: February 11, 2014, 08:09:59 AM »
i get the feeling im not gonna  have much issue with them. i love me some stealth. and turning into rats is pretty damn Dracula

I probably won't mind them either, since I'm so easily satisfied, but I'm surprised a previewer/reviewer actually likes them.

He was making Peace Walker back in the LoS times. He had a good advisor role and helped them with some aspects. They were doing STEALTH and chose not to work with the master of stealth. It was a bad decision. MS could be good action developers but stealth needs years of study, I personally think that mercury's biggest problem is overambition combined with overconfidence. Same case with MoF, you just don't think that you can make a good 2d game because you made a good3d one, completely different beasts.

Mirror of Fate is one of my favorite games ever, so this argument is lost on me.

But again, I point out, who says Kojima would have worked with them anyway? Who says they didn't bring him in once or twice? I mean, I have no idea so I'm not going to try and claim they're being overambitious or overconfident or whatever.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:13:12 AM by e105beta »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
You might like MoF but it had some objective flaws. Some of them amateur.

anything