Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406187 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
You might like MoF but it had some objective flaws. Some of them amateur.

Ok, I'll bite: What "objective" flaws did it have?

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
In case anyone's interested, here's for the french article:

- Stunning artistic design; the work put into it definitely shows, and it's easy to get lost in LoS2's world. There's a bonus section that displays artwork you can unlock throughout the game.
- Fluid, intuitive gameplay that's easy to pick up. But fighting sequences aren't simple and will feel challenging for most. Button mashing isn't the way to go -- you need to strategize. There are plenty of new abilities and spells to discover.
- He spent a great time previewing the game and feels that LoS2 is clearly of good quality. He's very excited for the full version, and mentions that there are many references to LoS1 and MoF characters.

He mentions nothing about stealth, so maybe that's a good sign...

-----------

And here's to quickly weigh in on the the MoF discussion -- that game suffers from far more than just a few objective flaws. But you know my opinion already, so I won't press any further.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:52:06 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
And here's to quickly weigh in on the the MoF discussion -- that game suffers from far more than just a few objective flaws. But you know my opinion already, so I won't press any further.  ;D

I do know your opinion, and while I disagree with it, you have every right to hold it.

All I'm taking issue with is the word "objective"

EDIT: To clarify, yes, there were objective flaws with Mirror of Fate. For example, the FPS on the 3DS version was pretty bad, and the checkpoint system in the killed the difficulty (though I guess for some people, that could be a good thing). However, I'm talking about "objective" issues with the game that prove Ahasverus's implication that MercurySteam didn't know how to create a good 2D game.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:04:39 AM by e105beta »

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
LOS2 preorder is now open on Steam. The bonus is a -10% discount so far. No demo yet.

Interestingly enough, it shares almost the same system requirements as LOS1.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I got not problem with the check points in MOF coz is not really an issue in the higher difficulites and i use to play game like that, but in lower difficulties it was really helpful for my wife who is not really a gamer but likes Castlevania a lot. There`s something for everyone...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
LOS2 preorder is now open on Steam. The bonus is a -10% discount so far. No demo yet.

thats it? pretty pitiful for making us wait so long. the fuck, ms...
still don't know if there's  a physical  pc release do we?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Demo now available on steam

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Does anybody know what is shown in the Belmont Lineage option in LOS2 travel book?

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I've been asking the same question for soooooooo long!!!!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Does anybody know what is shown in the Belmont Lineage option in LOS2 travel book?
We don't have idea.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I'm going to guess artwork.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards

I'm not surprised. I imagine LoS1 already pushed the upper limits of the 360/PS3 hardware, so it makes sense that LoS2's graphical improvements were primarily engine-based rather than hardware based.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Habemos muchos que hablamos español aqui verdad?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
The demo is up on PSN now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:52:16 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Habemos muchos que hablamos español aqui verdad?
si, pareceria que si.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.