Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406257 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Y'all careful what I post here now, seems we got some official Konami people monitoring this thread.

Offline Lilgigs

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
It has already been said but some of you need it hammered home. Play the game and decide for yourself. If you don't want to pay $60 then don't. Wait for a sale, rent it, split it with a friend.

Don' t start ripping a game until you've played it. Reviews are opinions, everyone has one. Rugal has his, King has his, I have mine. LOS wasn't for everyone and LOS2 will be the same.

A lot of people rip Castlevania 64 but I love that game. I still remember renting it and liking it so much I bought it 2 days later. From having to carry a bomb from room to room and not get hit to skeletons on motorcycles to that damn garden maze, so many good memories.

If you base all your purchases off reviews you will miss out on some fun games.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Y'all careful what I post here now, seems we got some official Konami people monitoring this thread.
BRING BACK GOEMON

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

I'm really lost not only because school has started but alot of things are happening at the moment so can someone please tell what the heck has happened all what I know is that the pc version is jipped, reviews are lackluster and now konami is watching us so if you guys and girls are watching Let me say this. Ever since Konami has grace this new logo(the one in the upper right) there has never been an new oldschool vania and no, remakes(CVARB,DxC,CvC,) do not count.

If I could put in my two cents in. I cannot comprehend how critics are just hammering down on this and with that knowledge comes this, There are alot of people that will agree with them and will become afraid to check it out and you know what I say to that? Screw it. I've been waiting four years and I refuse to let a whole bunch of people who are not going into detail about the things that make this bad and to only talk about the bad to disgruntle me (whiff of garlic breath heck you  must smell like garlic breath)  >:( If I followed the damn crowd I would lose me and I like what I like. How could one part cripple the whole game my mind cannot make sense of it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:55:29 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Eh Konami, we'll all buy your game, but we always do, it's not us you should be worried right now. Of course if this game is a dissapointment some of us might leave or grow bitter, and taht itself is pretty bad, but you amde these games to catch another audience, one with no emotional attatchment to the series, one that can abandon you without notice, they just want /a/ great game. If you falied with that, you wasted 6 years for nothing.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Eh Konami, we'll all buy your game, but we always do, it's not us you should be worried right now. Of course if this game is a dissapointment some of us might leave or grow bitter, and taht itself is pretty bad, but you amde these games to catch another audience, one with no emotional attatchment to the series, one that can abandon you without notice, they just want /a/ great game. If you falied with that, you wasted 6 years for nothing.
Here's a question if it's great, incredible but, what if it's not a great game what then? Will you leave it or grow bitter(I think this should be a question I think all should answer it's interesting) . It takes alot for me to become bitter(Mof did this to a point) at a series, but a four year wait can do that as well yet, from what I've seen and played I can't believe it's bad.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I'll definitely be one of those people who will grow bitter or just give up on the series if LoS2 is awful, or if they make a LoS3. I'm probably not the type of fan they're interested in anymore anyway though.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLP6b6mOolw&list=PLjpCQ7mEEYOh6LbadgYTxWgLO58gSEgf-

Ok, all done. Enjoy and get hyped. Lord knows this forum needs it.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Man Dracula's theme is so good, if only the whole discography for the LoS series sounded as good as that song and Belmont's theme. It's nice to have actual melody in the music.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 09:51:43 PM by OSM »

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
BRING BACK GOEMON
Kid Dracula too!  ;)

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Here's a question if it's great, incredible but, what if it's not a great game what then? Will you leave it or grow bitter(I think this should be a question I think all should answer it's interesting) . It takes alot for me to become bitter(Mof did this to a point) at a series, but a four year wait can do that as well yet, from what I've seen and played I can't believe it's bad.

If it is not great, but I liked it, I would retain in my collection of games. I did the same to games like Ninja Blade, Bulletstorm, GOW Judgment, Matrix Path of Neo, Rygar, Shinobi, Nightshade... and many more. Games with low scores in some reviews, and part of my collection. Yes, I know that their are not CV games, but, I see the other side of the coin: I still do not accept the LoS saga at all. The first one was really good, as a game, but not a CV one, for me. So, I were a little bitter here, when, after finish it and complete some challenges, I changed it for Arkham City, without doubt. Maybe some day I will play it again...

I mean, LoS 2 could be a very good game. Many would love it, old school CV fans, IGA fans, LoS fans, and non CV fans, because when they played it, it will be great for them. I played the demo this morning, and I like it. I will buy it (not at first day) 'cause is a CV game, but even if its a good game, maybe my "bitter" side will change it for other game... maybe Arkham Origins? :rollseyes:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:16:59 PM by Mike Belmont »
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
If LoS2 does turn out to be terrible, than the two things that's really worrying me right now are Konami going gung-ho with a LoS3, or deciding fuck it, Castlevania should die off for a long time. Seeing good 2D Castlevania completely disappear would be heart breaking.

Whatever comes next, I honestly doubt Castlevania will be shelved. It's survived 25 years with mostly middling sales, so I doubt Konami would drop it when an entry that sold (comparatively) gangbusters was made only a couple years ago.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Just my 2 cents on the reviews issue.
I think some people are so concerned with the reviews simply because it would prevent newbies from ever purchasing the game. And sometimes for some people the reviews matter more than word of mouth.
As for myself, i don't care about the reviews, I buy what I want.

As for the official Konami people monitoring the boards, Akumajou Dracula Pachislots please.  8)
And of course, a 2D Castlevania.  ;D

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
 Looks guys (those who knows spanish), the reaction of a well know gamer (no a girly gamer, a serious gamer) when he saw the 4 of Edge to CLoS2:OJO con las notas

A intelligent reflection
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:58:42 AM by cerebralbore »

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Not totally related to the game but cool... Love my wife...

anything