Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406134 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
i agree that reviews are just the same as individual opinions and no one should rely solely on a review(s) they read on the internet, but the fact remains, if theres a common element or complaint that consistent in each review you read, good or bad, then theres some truth to that. its not all just bullshit from "noob reviewers" or haters.

Okay but, should that one single complaint over shadow the whole game and ruin it for everyone who are taking their reviews seriously? I think all of us had played a game where there was an annoying part but still trucked it till the end(or put in a backlog) and even with that one problem I mean come on. This one,single, part will become the new nitro part that almost everyone hates. Back to what I was saying, okay maybe it is a bad part yet, this one part over the whole picture does not justify so much negativity. If this whole game was stealth okay I could see it but we know it's not and no one goes into depth about why it's so bad. Justifying there reasons yet no one is doing that in these negative reviews. How is it that the previews were so absolutely positive treating this game is the next hot thing, now it's all gone to hell and their trying to say don't touch this game with a ten foot pole because of one section. I mean come on I think that's really crazy.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Sooo MercurySteam.. love bites huh?

Apparently so does your game. Seriously Konami? Just give the Castlevania license to either From Software or Platinum games. This arrogant baboon known as David Cox isn't cutting it.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Trevelyan

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

Apparently so does your game. Seriously Konami? Just give the Castlevania license to either From Software or Platinum games. This arrogant baboon known as David Cox isn't cutting it.

Well, Cox is finished with CV now.  I actually found it somewhat strange how Cox/MS seemed to want to be rid of the liscence.  Usually, you see people try and keep hold of a liscence/franchise as long as they can.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

If only the facts backed you up....

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
https://www.facebook.com/lordsofshadow/photos/a.10151025830595697.768176.220827690696/10153789008775697/?type=1&theater

LoS fb page has jst posted that MoF HD WILL be available free as a pre-order freebie on the PSN.  Unfortunately, this only applies in Europe, the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.  Shame for people who were after this for the PC preorder.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
https://www.facebook.com/lordsofshadow/photos/a.10151025830595697.768176.220827690696/10153789008775697/?type=1&theater

LoS fb page has jst posted that MoF HD WILL be available free as a pre-order freebie on the PSN.  Unfortunately, this only applies in Europe, the Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.  Shame for people who were after this for the PC preorder.

Konami wouldn't know good marketing if it ran up and mushroom stamped them in the face.

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

Good i hope it`s smth else for the U.S. coz i already have MOFHD...

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
soo now that we know the "mirror of fate" fragments play a role in los2, does that mean the Lost Soul will also make an appearance, being that the Lost Soul is the physical manifestation of the mof
or not

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

If only the facts backed you up....

Seriously?? Platinium? they are fuckings machines of make videogames, but they are too much frenetic for a Castlevania.
  I got haemorrhoids reading your comments.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
soo now that we know the "mirror of fate" fragments play a role in los2, does that mean the Lost Soul will also make an appearance, being that the Lost Soul is the physical manifestation of the mof
or not

I almost want to believe it's still alive. The mirror glowing to Alucard at the end seemed like a hint to me.

What I want to know is if the Daemon Lord truly died. 
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

You can tell that this is Rugal's moment of glory.  ;D
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
So, if a review give a bad score, people will proceed to say that the review is shitty, but when some spanish magazine gives it a 9.5 and calls the game the second coming of Jesus, then they are right...

FUCKING DOUBLE STANDARDS, how do these work!?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Are you sure it's just those areas? gaming sites all around seem to suggest it's in general.

My anger is palpable.

Fuck you Konami. Fuck you.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
So, if a review give a bad score, people will proceed to say that the review is shitty, but when some spanish magazine gives it a 9.5 and calls the game the second coming of Jesus, then they are right...

We're not politicians, we're fans and we can have any double or triple standards if we feeli like it.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

Im not following this review thing too much because fuck reviews, but theres also a difference between US gaming journalism, and EU gaming journalism. on the EU scene, it seems to be more legit. FAR more legit than over here.

Also, I suppose it  matters when a magazine from the game's hometown gives it a review.

Mercurysteam is spanish, so if a spanish magazine gives it a review, that's something to listen for, no?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.