Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406689 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

thanks for the correction...

I used that in like 2 of my posts, not sure how it got to the point that you felt the need to call me out on it but whatever.

Its just that when your typing you just tend to spell out the words as your typing, my bad if a upset you so much.

I know what the word means that I spelled out by the way, just used it in the wrong manner.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
the first step to recovery is admitting that u have a problem

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
It's just a mistake, and we all make mistakes. I'm sure DarkPrinceAlucard will be careful of the spelling now, so let's not spend any more time on it. :)

Back on topic, have there been any other castlevanias with a "stealth" mechanic? I guess avoiding the searchlights in Order of Ecclesia sort of counts? :o

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I wish those guys in that german vid were more attentive so that they could have shown off more from the game. Ignoring the indicators, hurling themselves into pits during the last section (even looking at a tiny video I could tell where you were supposed to go).

Will be interesting to see more footage land, hopefully throughout this next week. I want to see more of the city in particular.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Back on topic, have there been any other castlevanias with a "stealth" mechanic? I guess avoiding the searchlights in Order of Ecclesia sort of counts? :o

no but i gotta say, despite how out-of-place the stealth in los2 may seem, i gotta give mercurysteam credit for having the balls to try something new

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
no but i gotta say, despite how out-of-place the stealth in los2 may seem, i gotta give mercurysteam credit for having the balls to try something new
Is it really new though? Stealth sections are nothing new in games, and Konami specifically is no stranger to stealth gameplay. It really shouldn't be too surprising. I mean there was already some MGS easter eggs in LoS1, it was only a matter of time until there was an actual stealth segment in a castlevania game. Particularly LoS.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Too bad nothing has been said about the Mirror of Fate avatars that Dave said would come to the U.S.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Ofthenight

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
The reviews don't really mean much to me these days, especially considering the games they give 9's+ to. Plenty of games I have loved score lower.

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
At this point I agree with Enric Alvarez .
"The only problem is that using the brain to play seems to have gone out of fashion".

For me the game is fine, I like much more than 1, especially the combat system, the scrolls and references to the history of the Belmonts are abundant. Would it have changed some things? fully, I would not in the modern era, have changed any of the stealth zones for areas of pure platforms, removing visual aids in plataforms. The blockade would a little more complicated and less powerful (something easily solvable in patch), and some other things.

Are stealth levels suitable for Castlevania? no, but for me gives a break to the game, avoid what happened with LOS1 ... 20 hours killing enemies are many hours for a hack & slash, these phases give you a break, and I like, but are not suitable for players of Diablo or Call of Dutty ... Phases are quite easy if you use the brain, much easier than having pure Stealth games. But are appreciated, although not quite fit or stick with dracula. While scoring a few hours of this game having more than 20 hours ... I do not see the problem, most games of this generation lasts 6-12 hours and see many 10 there ... (hypocrisy)

Not understand the notes I was seeing, we all have different taste, I do not I like games that are considered masterpieces and works vice versa.

For me this game is a 9/10 (I hope I corrected some things with some DLC and patch). And I repeat is a hack & slash but not a "Diablo" ... you have to think to play. I get the feeling that most of the reviews have players who do not know the history of LOS just started the game and began pounding on buttons because they wanted to finish it quickly and move on to another game (well it's their job). Playing fast and LOS is somewhat inconsistent, and even LOS1, so I can see your anxiety and frustration for not advancing fast in history stages of stealth, but that's not my problem as a player if I want to enjoy the los2 as what is.

Some of you in this forum will hate it and others like me will love it (At what castlevania game that does not happen? even "Castlevania: Harmony of Despair"), but the creators (like IGA) are entitled to make their own game, like a more or less people.

If you're not sure of the purchase, for easy, catch a pirate PC version, play it and if you think that you liked or worth the 35 euros, then buy it to support Konami (I do it with some games).

Greetings.

P.D. If you can buy the PC version is the best and that .... say, more chances you have to adapt the game to your personal tastes ..

PD2 I laugh as the reviews highlight some details that can be corrected easily but then they score 10 games that are full of flaws .. I guess you are worth so much money.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 11:49:16 PM by Bergaron »
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
All this negativity makes me want the game even more, but I don't like what the LoS saga is doing to the Castlevania community.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)

Aria of Sorrow: Nemesis soul would render you invisible for a few seconds

Dawn of Sorrow: Dead pirates dropped a soul that would inflict greater damage when attacked from behind and they also wouldn't know if you were behind them until you are in front of them.

As I said, Stealth is better when only programmed on AI. Makes the game more immersive that way.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I've tried the demo and while too short, i can say that it felt much better than the first LoS, so i think that i might actually enjoy  the second game. Also about stealth sections, MGS has a lot of them.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Bergaron, thank you!
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Bergaron always brings the truth.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Ofthenight

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I really liked the demo, if the full game is that type of loop then I would love it. Some of the platforming towards the end was less than average for AAA game design, the colors of the connecting platforms shouldn't be so similar so the player can see the differences. Just me nitpicking, it wasn't terrible.

I really like the combat though, some of the best control I've played in a while, on my second playthrough it really felt powerful switching weapons at just the right time.