Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406203 times)

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Offline Trevelyan

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Regarding the ending spoilers -
(click to show/hide)

Offline jmodlin210

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
After Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 gets released, will they release Castlevania: lords of shadow 3? are they going to release dlc stories for castlevania lords of shadow 2 for alucard, victor, simon, belmonts?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
HAHAHAHA

I was expecting a shitty ending, but this is completely, utter bullshit! What the fuck? What the hell!? What a completely CRAP ending. Hopefully, this shit is fake!

And people say the old timeline is worse? IF it's not on par, it's even worse.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
After Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 gets released, will they release Castlevania: lords of shadow 3?

Konami might, but Mercurysteam has already said that they are definitely done with the series after Lords of Shadow 2, so they would be doing it without them which some fans may find troubling.

MS said that the Lords of Shadow series was meant to be a trilogy with LOS1,MOF,and LOS2, but Konami owns it and they could just get another team to make a Lords of Shadow 3 if they wanted to.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
These unmarked, casual impressions of allegedly spoilerific info tell me that I should have probably bailed out of this thread sooner.

Listening to the soundtrack is one thing, but I actually want there to be some intrigue when I play this game for myself. I spoiled some pretty major things about LoS1 before release, and I was kicking myself for it throughout the game. Not letting that happen this time.

See you all when the game hits.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
These unmarked, casual impressions of allegedly spoilerific info tell me that I should have probably bailed out of this thread sooner.

Listening to the soundtrack is one thing, but I actually want there to be some intrigue when I play this game for myself. I spoiled some pretty major things about LoS1 before release, and I was kicking myself for it throughout the game. Not letting that happen this time.

See you all when the game hits.
Re: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Regarding the ending spoilers -
(click to show/hide)
LoS3 is supposed to be a prequel according to our leaky buddies.

Like I said before, I will probably stop paying attention to this series if Konami keeps LoS going. 2DVania must live, otherwise I don't see myself buying anymore Castlevania games.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
HAHAHAHA

I was expecting a shitty ending, but this is completely, utter bullshit! What the fuck? What the hell!? What a completely CRAP ending. Hopefully, this shit is fake!

And people say the old timeline is worse? IF it's not on par, it's even worse.
Yeaaaah no. This one actually follows an arc, makes sense, and is not indifinetly bloated. Well done Mercury, the ending might be controversial, but you created a good story.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 06:41:18 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
That ending doesn't seem very controversial or groundbreaking, or that people will talk about it for more than a few months other than 'best/worst cv endings' in the classic threads subforum.

The game itself doesn't seem like the worst thing (considering that this series boasts such AAA titles like curse of darkness, Judgment, Legends, and Haunted Castle), or even all that bad. But it's not the super duper quality action title or whatever that they kept boasting it would be. It seems like this generation's Lament of Innocence, which had similar hype as the ultimate 3D Castlevania but it was only good and nothing more.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Yeaaaah no. This one actually follows an arc, makes sense, and is not indifinetly bloated. Well done Mercury, the ending might be controversial, but you created a good story.
They created a complete story. Good? Completely debatable. For me, it's a very shitty story. And if this ending is confirmed, it would be even worse.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I liked it because they didn't go for the safe route.
I think with prequel they mean between los1/mof and los2, not LoS: Origins.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I liked it because they didn't go for the safe route.
I think with prequel they mean between los1/mof and los2, not LoS: Origins.
Not going the safe route doesn't mean anything at all.

You or anyone here could create a non-safe Castlevania origin history. That doesn't mean it would be automatically a good story.

I know that you're praising the developer for trying something new. In fact, a reboot is exactly doing that. But it's simply not a good story, even though it's completely original. It's conveyed on a bad way, with lots of problems. Of course, in my opinion. They could have a much better story if they wanted.

Well, it's the story they wanted to tell at least. Too bad it'll leave a taste on my mouth: a really bad taste.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
and glitchy demo,
underwhelming is subjective- but glitchy? what
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
wow what an ending... ???
I would rather take my own ending for the saga than what they served. /sigh...