Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406085 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Hmm. I'll believe you for now. It does sound weird, but whatever, it's a name.

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
is wygol that much of a good name either

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
why couldnt they just call it "Aljiba City" or something, y'know, an actual reference to one of the classic games

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

See my previous post on it here:
That's very strange. Ive never seen a single bug in my demo, and bugs dont seem to be a common complaint with the game. The only complaints I see are

1. the effects are too bright and can cause you to get hit because you didnt see the attack indicator (this I agree with, although from the gameplay videos like the toymaker fight, it seems like theyve toned down the brightness)

2.the ridiculous hand holding with the camera zooming in on the same thing every few minutes to remind you what to do (also agreed, but since it's a tutorial and seems to very obviously have been made with "Demo" in mind I can overlook it)

and

3. NOT MUH CASTLEVANIA

which is still an argument I hear tossed around here and there.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:45:02 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

Extra extra! New demo extended that show the gold paladin's fight (at the end of the video):

B Preview- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
why couldnt they just call it "Aljiba City" or something, y'know, an actual reference to one of the classic games

They could've just called it 'the City' a la F.E.A.R.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Maybe they named the city Castlevania, so we don´t forget that LoS 2 is a Castlevania game :P.

Why not to use the name Warakiya, or Valachia, of the first games??? Even Transilvania, for once!!!
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Say whatever you want, but that prayer between the paladin and Dracul was very cool.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Castlevania city is a really quirky name.

Like they named it that during development and at the end, thought the name was neat enough to keep as it's actual name.

I'm ok with it.

Extra extra! New demo extended that show the gold paladin's fight (at the end of the video):

B Preview- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Very interesting.
Say whatever you want, but that prayer between the paladin and Dracul was very cool.
I agree, that was real neat. Like the early spoilers said, he grabs the cross and it doesn't hurt him because he really is still God's chosen one, despite being an unholy abomination.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Am I the only one not that bothered by "Castlevania City"?

It's like a game called "Donkey Kong 64" taking place on Donkey Kong Island.

Or to use a real life example, it's no more ridiculous than "New York City" or "West Valley City" or "Salt Lake City"

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Just watched that video. Guard breaking? Very interesting... In LoS1 attacking a guarding opponent always meant an unblockable to the face. Nice to know they're promoting aggressive gameplay. Seems like they're making it easier to air combo too, what with every attack not hitting Dracula out of the air.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:40:22 PM by e105beta »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i think Flame & e105beta are fine with just about every negative thing someone has to say about los2 lol

"man this stealth section really sucks!" ... it's actually not that bad, very immersive i like it

"castlevania city? could've been more creative than that!" ... i actually think it fits quite well

"the demo was glitchy as i fell through the titan for no reason, left me with a big WTF look on my face" ... it was very well thought out and conceived, i experienced no problems, u sure it was a glitch and u werent just hallucinating?

LOL i love you guys  :D

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Castlevania is the entire name of the series. How much of an actual reference do you want.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
i think Flame & e105beta are fine with just about every negative thing someone has to say about los2 lol

"man this stealth section really sucks!" ... it's actually not that bad, very immersive i like it

"castlevania city? could've been more creative than that!" ... i actually think it fits quite well

"the demo was glitchy as i fell through the titan for no reason, left me with a big WTF look on my face" ... it was very well thought out and conceived, i experienced no problems, u sure it was a glitch and u werent just hallucinating?

LOL i love you guys  :D

Honestly, I think I'm just really easy to please. Unless a game is an outright snorefest, I will play it and most likely like it.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Even Judgment?