Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406190 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Castlevania is the entire name of the series. How much of an actual reference do you want.

just about any name is better than "Castlevania City," no matter which way you cut it or defend it!
i wouldve even been fine with "Ahasverus District"

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Even Judgment?

Yup, even Judgement, in that "Oh my god, why are we playing this?" kind of way.

I got it for Christmas. It was a fun little diversion and I played it long enough to unlock everyone.

Art sucked a bag of dicks, though

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i even wouldve liked "Nagumo Boulevard" better than Castlevania City!!!!!!

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Look. It is actually a very good name.

The city was built where once was a mighty castle. The is a Transylvania, Pennsylvania, etc etc. Castlevania is ok and it makes sense. That's it. Also as someone already said, Castlevania has been used as the name of a place, the castle. So, another place can be named like that.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
no, it's not. it's a lame, generic name. its not unique or creative. lets just call the entire continent "castlevania peninsula" & the game takes place in "northeast castlevania region," because i dunno

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I think of this as the "use your real name, Robin" part of Mercury's trilogy, the part when they take a symbolic name and fit it into the cannon. It's kind of neat.
just about any name is better than "Castlevania City," no matter which way you cut it or defend it!
i wouldve even been fine with "Ahasverus District"
They owe me that. At least IGA put me in Curse of Darkness.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
no, it's not. it's a lame, generic name. its not unique or creative. lets just call the entire continent "castlevania peninsula" & the game takes place in "northeast castlevania region," because i dunno

It's a city that built up around a castle the size of a planet named Castlevania. It's probably the most notable thing about the area in the history of forever.

What's so wrong with that?

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I dunno, "Castlevania City" makes sense to me.

The fucking castle is smack-dabbed right in the middle of it, why not. And it would make sense to someone who goes "whys it called Castlevania? Oooooh thats why."

(click to show/hide)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
like Flame said its almost as if it was just a placeholder name early in development & forgot to give it a more unique one & by the time they noticed it was too late, so they left it as "Castlevania City." no more creative & just as dumb-sounding as "dave cox-land"

sorry if i offend any1, just having fun

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
like Flame said its almost as if it was just a placeholder name early in development & forgot to give it a more unique one & by the time they noticed it was too late, so they left it as "Castlevania City." no more creative & just as dumb-sounding as "dave cox-land"

Agreed.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Anyone remember Nanomachine Island >_>

Just saying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nano_Breaker
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I only wish there were a real Castlevania City.  :-\
The worst monsters are human.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Nano Breaker is a masterpiece, though ;_;

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Nano Breaker is a masterpiece, though ;_;

hey rainbow blood right? Oh or oil right?  ;)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
i think Flame & e105beta are fine with just about every negative thing someone has to say about los2 lol

"man this stealth section really sucks!" ... it's actually not that bad, very immersive i like it

"castlevania city? could've been more creative than that!" ... i actually think it fits quite well

"the demo was glitchy as i fell through the titan for no reason, left me with a big WTF look on my face" ... it was very well thought out and conceived, i experienced no problems, u sure it was a glitch and u werent just hallucinating?

LOL i love you guys  :D

THANK YOU! I was about to say that, and that's evident from the very first game. There's never a problem with the game, every decision was the right decision for them or they don't have a problem with any polemic decision.

Add Ahasverus too, even though he have some breakdowns sometimes.