Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406271 times)

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Honestly, scenes like that makes it hard for me to think LoS2 will be a bad game:  I'm reserving judgement but it's hard with scenes like that to hype me up.

And 'Castlevania City' made me laugh.  It's so corny and bad, it kinda works.  Like something your mom that doesn't know any better might refer to the game as.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
... Why is everyone who gets to play these games early bad?

After seeing that gameplay and the one of the german guys, I think that maybe that´s the reason for the low scores, and the concerning about the stealth, for example. It´s not see that complicate, but we will see when the game comes out, and we play for ourselves...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I can already tell that the stealth sections are going to be the new hotly debated topic like the QTE's of LOS1.  :rollseyes:

I might not even play LOS2. It's going to take a lot to take me away from Flappy Bird these days.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
The problem is that It sounds like a Fan City. Its like bunch of CV fans joined up and called it Castlevania City. It would have been better if the City was just called Castlevania. No reason to add city for its suffix. Even Dracula's Castle is called "Dracula's Castle". They never called anything Castlevania, so far it has only been a Brand Name, a Brand Name you kinda trust less after they have new detergent producing company. I liked the "Epic Holy Rap Battle Arm Wrestling Contest" in the end, you could totally see the crowd blown away~

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Though, that guy sucked. Like, hard. When he started trading hits with the paladin, I was sighing in frustration. What is this, Hajime no Ippo? Why is everyone who gets to play these games early bad?
there wasn't much point for him to try when his void sword meter recharged at a rate where he could just exchange hits with the paladin anyway. obviously being a tutorial, that's not very indicative of the actual combat.

people aren't obligated to be skillful at games anyway. it's not like losing constantly in a game would necessarily cause the user to have a more negative reception. that's common territory in other character action games and stuff like dork souls.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
The problem is that It sounds like a Fan City. Its like bunch of CV fans joined up and called it Castlevania City. It would have been better if the City was just called Castlevania. No reason to add city for its suffix. Even Dracula's Castle is called "Dracula's Castle". They never called anything Castlevania, so far it has only been a Brand Name, a Brand Name you kinda trust less after they have new detergent producing company. I liked the "Epic Holy Rap Battle Arm Wrestling Contest" in the end, you could totally see the crowd blown away~
It sounds awkward. There's many different things they could've called the city. I'm partial to Jova City, or even Cordova(like in CoD). Castlevania city in a CV game is like having a new Final Fantasy game where you travel to "Final Fantasy City". It just doesn't sound right.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I wonder if EstebanT will grimly nod his head when he sees the words Castlevania City appear on the screen for the first time.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Wow just wow... first the ending then the name of the city... Can't they be more creative?
Oh well, carry on.

I'll just await the madness on the 25th once the embargo is lifted.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Not bad too! Nice spot.

Some "atmosphere" tracks also contains some notes from "Divine Bloodlines", in a very calm/quiet arrangement, though it may be purely unintentional (atmosfere 5).

Not picking on you in particular Chernabogue, but is this really what Castlevania music has been reduced to? Picking out stray notes that are reminiscent of classic tunes? I would shed tears if not for the shear contempt I have for these soundtracks.
And, indeed, those tears would be bloody.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I looked some pages back and didn't see it posted, so here is a video interview, with Cox, regarding the music of LoS 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECKQuy3o_2w#t=86
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
And that one word encompasses everything I dislike about LoS music. "Score".

Look. It is actually a very good name.

The city was built where once was a mighty castle. The is a Transylvania, Pennsylvania, etc etc. Castlevania is ok and it makes sense. That's it. Also as someone already said, Castlevania has been used as the name of a place, the castle. So, another place can be named like that.

Except that if you're going to follow that naming convention it would be Castlesylvania or maybe Casylvania since the above examples are compounds with the word sylvan meaning forest. Hell, Casylvania would have been a clever homonym at least.

Don't speak for me that way. or I can say the same thing for some people and IGA, to whom he is infallible and is the patron saint of Castlevania. Do you really want to start that all over again?

Not for nothin' but it seems like you mention IGA more than anyone else most of the time.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 03:15:49 AM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Just preordered my PC version, with a free French official guide, oh yeah! :D

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Castlevania being the name of Dracula's castle is some bizarre addition made by the localization team. I guess it's fine that they follow the English versions of the game in this case, but it's already stupid to use it as a name to begin with. Also, why would a Romanian city use a name that's half English, half Romanian? 

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Damn we're whiny.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I just think it's hilarious. But I guess if you can't say Castlevania City without a straight face you're just hating.

anything