Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406113 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
they were the publishers, tho

while that does have considerable influence on a project because they're behind deadlines and etc, it's not really fair to grade a game on that

prob better to judge based on the developer
but i guess on rebel act's case, blade of darkness is their only game lol
and mercurysteam only really hit success with lords
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:05:30 PM by thernz »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
So I've been thinking of going on a completionist playthrough of Lords of Shadow to kill time until LoS2 comes out. Does anyone know the average time it would take to attain 110% (DLCs included)? I was hoping to get that finished before the sequel's release.

And yes, "Dracula's Tomb" looks woefully underwhelming.

How much of it do you have done already? Going straight to Paladin mode cuts off a lot of time because it automatically counts as having beaten all the lower difficulties. Some of the Trials are maddening though. Most of them are average difficulty but there are a few that drove me absolutely ballistic. xD Still, if you've been through the game already and gotten most of the gems, and played a good bit throughout the weekend, I could see you having it done by LoS2 time.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
they were the publishers, tho

while that does have considerable influence on a project because they're behind deadlines and etc, it's not really fair to grade a game on that

prob better to judge based on the developer
but i guess on rebel act's case, blade of darkness is their only game lol
and mercurysteam only really hit success with lords

The development of Blade of darkness was really unexpected by many motives. I only can said that Revel Act (Mercury Steam) and Codemaster don't finish their relationship with kisses and flowers...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
The image of the succubus with her female harem vaguely reminds me of Frank Frazetta's work for some reason.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2: Dracula's Tomb Unboxing

for those that are too lazy to click the link lol

They really like making it big, not even close to ACIV anyway. I like the tomb, but the figures an lack of OST makes me cry.

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
On topic, or maybe off topic:

I was watching Underworld (first one) and was surprised to see how EQUAL weakened Gabula looks like Viktor when he was just awakened and then when he put his purple robe in, then the city and its colors, wow they seriously got inspired by it.

I have never liked the LoS saga, but this Underworld marathon Im getting is putting me in a "state" of not being so "hater" against the city setting that will have LoS2.

I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I found a video that showed the cinematic right after the Paladin fight. It's a recap of the previous two games. It also finally explains somewhat why Gabula hates humans.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 Introduction PS3 HD

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
The illustrations are beautiful.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
That intro was amazing, beautiful illustrations. It's funny it didn't even mention Satan, I forgot he was even part of the lore. WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN LIKE THAT?

Now I just want ClassicVanias in the LoSverse even more. ;___;
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:06:05 AM by OSM »

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)

I understand you ;___; , more redesings please, they are so pretty and huggable.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I suppose the game was Leaked for ps3?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
That intro was amazing, beautiful illustrations. It's funny it didn't even mention Satan, I forgot he was even part of the lore. WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN LIKE THAT?

Have to agree here. One of the things I dislike about LoS is Satan even being involved at all.  Heck, I dislike/love Zobak so much more as the villain in this.  I constantly want to face punch him and he's so manipulative.  He's the one person I want Gabe to actually get some kind of revenge on.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Have to agree here. One of the things I dislike about LoS is Satan even being involved at all.  Heck, I dislike/love Zobak so much more as the villain in this.  I constantly want to face punch him and he's so manipulative.  He's the one person I want Gabe to actually get some kind of revenge on.

The way I see it, Zobek is the real villain. It's his quest for power that fuels the whole story. While Satan may have come up with Zobek's plan to unite the God Mask, Satan wouldn't have had anyone to execute it without Zobek.

Satan, on the other hand, is the vehicle. It's his power that serves as a threat to move the story along, because honestly, who serves as a threat to Death and Dracula other than Satan? At the same time, while he has the power, he's not the one who holds all the cards. He didn't possess the Devil Mask, he doesn't have the Vampire Killer, he isn't using Dracula's power to achieve his own aims.

So yeah, while Satan is the final boss, I don't think he's the real villain. He's more the "threat".

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
It's official, the game has leaked.

I'm out.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
It's official, the game has leaked.

I'm out.
Finally, time to close the book on this trilogy.