Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406417 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Sigh...

Bought...

u wont regret it dude. cuz at the end of the day, despite the controversial plot & music we debate about over n over, its still gonna be a good video game and its job is to entertain us, bring temporary happiness to our lives in this fucked up world we live in

too often we forget how lucky we all are to even type on laptops, own big screen TVs, have money to buy the stuff we want. all luxuries that are denied to millions

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
There are walkthroughs on Youtube already as well as on Twitch.

Fun fact: Turns out you can sprint in this game like you could with the cyclone boots from LOS1, which is brand new to me.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 08:11:33 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
makes sense, I mean, he kept the relics I presume.

I dont remember, can he double jump? he might have ditched the Seraph Shoulders. Carmilla fucked them up already through "misuse", making them unable to sustain full flight anymore, so i suppose the same would go for him.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
i remember los1 midnight launch, i was at gamestop and i was the only one on line that was getting castlevania. everyone else was getting NBA2k10 lol
I remember that shit too, it was worth it tho, that Shirt was too cool to pass up.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
So guys I've heard something from a very close source.

Agreus. It's bullshit. Like real bullshit. It seems that you are put not in a maze but in a corridor with square things surroinded by leaves, there are two bells to attract his Attention, but both are unuseful after the third box. The thing is that Agreus can "smell you" and he stays around the box you are giving you very little time to run, and the miraclous mist mode? It lasts 5 seconds and in this part pf the game you can only for some reason use it when fully charged. Yeah, it's bullshit.
My source says that the game is miles better than 1... Until that part.
Now I'm kinda happy and sad.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Enric, pal, I know you're here. Patch Agreus, I BEG you, everyone, every single person has called bullshit on it, it's not about using the brain, it's about his ai patterns and level design which leads more to failure. Please Enric. It seems to be the only glaring abyss on a well constructed piece of art.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
That's disappointing to hear, and I highly doubt it's going to get patched. Who knows, though.

Guess it'll be "that one part".

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
That's sad.
I just hope people who play the game won't be deterred by that one part.
Although I'm sure some would ditch the game at that point.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
That's sad.
I just hope people who play the game won't be deterred by that one part.
Although I'm sure some would ditch the game at that point.
If people are stupid enough to buy a game and stop playing it because a part is hard or bad designed, it's really sad for them... Can't wait to see what those people would do with real life.  :rollseyes:

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
So guys I've heard something from a very close source.

Agreus. It's bullshit. Like real bullshit. It seems that you are put not in a maze but in a corridor with square things surroinded by leaves, there are two bells to attract his Attention, but both are unuseful after the third box. The thing is that Agreus can "smell you" and he stays around the box you are giving you very little time to run, and the miraclous mist mode? It lasts 5 seconds and in this part pf the game you can only for some reason use it when fully charged. Yeah, it's bullshit.
My source says that the game is miles better than 1... Until that part.
Now I'm kinda happy and sad.

That sounds.....fantastic

If people are stupid enough to buy a game and stop playing it because a part is hard or bad designed, it's really sad for them... Can't wait to see what those people would do with real life.  :rollseyes:

Let me get this straight, your comparing someone quiting a fictional videogame because it is to hard to someone quiting something in real life because it is to hard? :-\
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:04:20 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
obviously that will have patches, like all games of the last years. It will correct some things (Agreus has a trick) and new content will be added.

Someone was remembered as Gran Tourismo 5 to start and end? as Skyrim was the beginning and the end?. Many patches passed.

Judge all games or just not to judge anyone.
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Hey guys: Does anyone have any Infos on that second acolyte Boss? The dude with the lightning and the bold head. Do you fight him in a normal human form or does he transform or even control a giant mech?

Does anyone know if there are other Titan bosses?

And also does Dracula's doppelganger transform into a Dragon that you Need to fight? Could someone ask These questions to a source that has knowledge of These things or maybe know it themselves already?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
I found a way to extract the music from the demo's archive but not to re-import it inside the archive. By changing the music files, it'd be possible to mod the music, and add classic tunes. If someone finds a way to reimport the music inside the Music.packed file, I'll make a custom CV music mod for LoS2.

Offline Slit_Zurifa

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Man I turned of that one stream now during the Carmilla fight. Didn't want all of it spoiled to me. What I saw looked pretty good though. :)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Just because people hate bullshit in their game that would be otherwise decent without it doesn't mean they're suicidal losers. What the hell, Chern?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:46:52 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

anything