Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406181 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Would anyone be against a thread discussing our final thoughts on the LoS saga as a whole?

should wait till the game is [officially] released so everyone can give an equal opinion

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Lords of Shadow 2 gameplay videos so far make it seem more in the vein of Curse of Darkness than Symphony of the Night. Like a major point for a good metroidvania is having multiple branches/paths you can take. Maybe a bit like Metroid Fusion, since the game is basically pushing you to fulfill objectives all the time, though Lords 2 isn't as open.

Not that having a linear structure is inherently bad or anything though (Order of Ecclesia).

Would anyone be against a thread discussing our final thoughts on the LoS saga as a whole?
just make a new thread

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
There is a demo already. Albeit short, but a demo none the less. It hits what is likely to be the core of the game in a small bite size.

You really have no leg to stand on here. You're just looking to get away with free games while using some bullshit justifications. Just admit you're a petty thief or keep it to yourself.

A lot of assumptions in those statements.
That demo isn't good enough for me. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

I've never hidden the fact I download whatever I please from companies I have an ideological problem with.
At least I have the balls to admit it and actually do something about the corporate bullshit.

I am many things, sir, but petty isn't one of them. I neither need justification nor anyone's approval for the way I do things.
I support gaming companies that I feel deserve it. And when I say I delete the games I don't like and buy the ones I do you can take that to the bank.

Meanwhile, if your fear drives you to make up your own justifications for not liking my methods, that's your prerogative.

Now. Despite the fact that I'm completely serious about my view on this subject. I have to wonder how many of those that chose to draw this out realized that I'm partially trolling the fanboy/boyscouts? I even drew out curses from some of you.
I find it incredible no one even tried to argue why downloading the full game and only buying afterwards might be wrong or even any different from playing the demo instead in a real way.
We'll see if I even bother to download this. Walkthrough videos better wow the hell out of me.

Also, pirates don't need legs. ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:36:46 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
For those who are not going to buy the game and just want to see the end (their loss the game is magnificent).

"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

Thanks @Agreus for all yours impressions about the game. I don't entry in this forum in the last day and its good find argumented impressions. You only get my hype up like a volcan !

@Bergaron, you are tempt my saintliness whit this link about the end of the game. ARGGGGGGGGG

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
A true Metroidvania game forces you to backtrack to progress with minimal guidance, right?
In LoS2 that's is optional, you can backtrack for upgrades, collectibles, extras if you want. I've just beat the Leaked Edition and never used the wolf medal, not once. And your mission is always marked on your map. So may I say LoS2 looks quite a lot but not work much like a metroidvania?

Not really. See: Metroid Fusion.

Backtracking happens in a linear fashion. Only the backtrack for itens is completely on the hands of the player.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
So I don't care about specifics... But there are optional bosses right?

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

About the Backtracking, I (and millions of players) can said that, when is a obligatory bactracking, are a annoying resource to stretch out the game, like in Metal Gear 1, when you have to do it to recover the fucking sniper rifle; seriusly, there are someone who this kind of things likes fun?? REALLY???!!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
For those who are not going to buy the game and just want to see the end (their loss the game is magnificent).

Can't wait until someone uploads the Death battle footage. I want to see that again.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
About the Backtracking, I (and millions of players) can said that, when is a obligatory bactracking, are a annoying resource to stretch out the game, like in Metal Gear 1, when you have to do it to recover the fucking sniper rifle; seriusly, there are someone who this kind of things likes fun?? REALLY???!!
Why not?

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
You really can't access either throne room. That's lame.

The optional bosses seem to be incluided in the Kleidos challenges but those are hard.

lol there is
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:37:09 PM by Agreus »

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I'm stuck at the part where you have to find the second acolyte. Does anyone know how to get past the 3 Golgoth Guards?

Offline Agreus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I'm stuck at the part where you have to find the second acolyte. Does anyone know how to get past the 3 Golgoth Guards?
It's the worst. Use bats in the first two bats, walk to the door without using mist, turn into mist just before you touch the door guard light, run to the door and pray for your life.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Has there been a list of optional bosses yet? I mean, if this is to be a genuine Metroidvania, you absolutely need entirely optional areas.

Offline cerebralbore

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Why not?

Do that a gamer retrace his steps obligatory, no, it's not fun. Come back to the same stages, the same enemies in the same places, why? why not use new stages? new situations? It's too easy recycle the own game and after said that is really long game with X hours... Optional backwards for those who want all the secrets? Ok. Do backwards yes or yes, like a nazi? FUCK NO