Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406287 times)

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
 Regarding the ending:

(click to show/hide)
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm about to do the fight I've looking forward the most. After all these years, days and nights of anticipation, finally, YOU will fall against me
(click to show/hide)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Double post because I DON'T FUCKING CARE HOLY SHIT
(click to show/hide)

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
There are some ironic statements here about how it has flaws, but it can be improved upon. I could have said the same thing about the N64 era of games, and have, and would be just as valid in saying so. Second, MS is being praised for doing different things, even if they don't all work out. So, now that's OK? People threw a fit about the N64 games trying new things that were more in line with Castlevania in 3D. Anyway, I plan to wait on LoS2. I wasn't looking for a SotN 2.0, if that's even what it is, and while some of it looks interesting, it looks like it still has too much wailing on tank enemies with combos, which is not part of Castlevania. Cox came out today and said 2D Castlevania is not possible anymore, but I want a different kind of 3D Castlevania.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
There are some ironic statements here about how it has flaws, but it can be improved upon. I could have said the same thing about the N64 era of games, and have, and would be just as valid in saying so.
The 64 games were all around flaws with some cool things worth improving upon. There's a difference. This game delivers. They are like Yin and Yang.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
The 64 games were all around flaws with some cool things worth improving upon. There's a difference. This game delivers. They are like Yin and Yang.

I'm not convinced at what cost for the franchise it delivers. But to each their own, and I'm glad others are enjoying it. I may enjoy it well enough as a game like I enjoyed LoS1, but I don't know that it'll do what I want for Castlevania. From what I've seen, I think the intangibles were more in the N64 games. But that's me. I do think they answered some flaws from the previous entries, or combined some of the better elements from flawed entries...but it doesn't address a lot of my core problems from what I can see. I just don't want Konami to say, okay, it's nailed here, let's follow this formula and direction, because that might turn me off even more. And I was already turned off during the overkill of Castleroids past the GBA era.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:58:07 PM by RichterB »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Fair enough pal.

-----------------------------

About to face the final battle. Wish me luck.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
DAT final battle. Did they outsource that to Platinum games or something?  ;)

I'm too tired and overwhelmed to post a full review, perhaps tomorrow, but I'm more than satisfied. What a game, what a ride. What a ride these years have been guys, these years with you.

Time to celebrate! Cheers, and thank you Mercury!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
THE TEMPTATION, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Offline Kart!k

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Hey guys could anyone explain the role of alucard in this game without spoiling anything

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
Hey guys could anyone explain the role of alucard in this game without spoiling anything
"In the name of my Mother, I will defeat you again."

lol

Offline Kart!k

• Awards
"In the name of my Mother, I will defeat you again."

lol
He is a Boss/Mini boss?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
He is a Boss/Mini boss?
Don't know, I don't have the game, and didn't spoil myself the game. This line is from SotN, but seeing what happened in MoF, it could totally happen.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards

He is important. He is a key character.

I cannot say more since I know the spoilers.  ;)

Offline Kart!k

• Awards
He is important. He is a key character.

I cannot say more since I know the spoilers.  ;)
Thanks  :)

anything