Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406083 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
i wonder... what if you beat satan AFTER getting  full completion ...?

Yes! Let's keep hoping! The more we hope, the more powerful our disappointment.

Then we can use that disappointment to fuel our transformation into vampire lords.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Yes! Let's keep hoping! The more we hope, the more powerful our disappointment.

Then we can use that disappointment to fuel our transformation into vampire lords.
Finish NG+ :P

We're approaching SNES days levels of naiveness lol

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I was expecting the reward to be a super campy old school Dracula or Simon Belmont skin.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Would have loved a Rondo of Blood Dracula skin, complete with gigantic cape.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
hey guys do any of you have that old ooold interview where Araujo says Konami told him the old Castlevania music was feminine? I can't find it and the oldest reference on the internet that I've found is from here (a Kingshango's post).

Everything comes full circle

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
So I just beat last night and well overall the game is good. I think we all agree that it's not perfect and it would have been if stupid things like stealth were left out.

For me the pros were the castle segments which looked so freaking good. At times I was saying this is why I got this, the boss battles are awesome( my favorite was the fight with Victor) their such a step up from los1 in every aspect, the combat is awesome except every time I sync blocked one enemy an other did an unblockable at the same time and even with somersault I still got hit. The voice acting is so incredible I loved I can't say anymore than every one brought their characters to life I just wished there was more back story to them.

Things that I hated were the stealth. It's not game breaking but it pulls me out and say come on I just want to get this done with. The present day setting when compared to the past is staggering, it's very boring compared to the past segments, the final boss battle was lackluster compared to los 1 it just was not fun and for all the complaints that the Argeus section( This section only took me like maybe 15 minutes to maybe half an hour his ai gets stupid if you use mist  I swear I'm not crazy but I got away from using mist) had it was not even half as bad as the riders of the freaking storm I hated the end of that fight so stupid. I tell you it's almost impossible to avoid the electricity. music was mixed heck sometimes I heard nothing, but when I did hear music it did fit in and felt really good, as for story the whole los saga had a simple story nothing ground breaking or even all that great except for the obvious. but one scene made me very ehh and that was
(click to show/hide)
really not even 20 minutes and that happens WTH.

Overall this (without that challenge mode it has) get's an 8-7 in my book because overall the game felt good but what kept it from a 9 are the stupid things that were in it stealth,lackluster story, two boss battles(with one having a dumb finishing segment), but then it makes up for the combo system, the great locals that don't have to do much with the present, and the voice acting, every single one of the voices are great for me with Richard Madden and Robert Caryle taking the cake.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/entrevista-enric-alvarez-esto-que-ha-pasado-con-castlevania-es-totalmente-injusto

Big ass justification interview from Enric Alvarez.

He justifies the open ended ending in it, so I think what we see is what we get. It makes me worry about closure DLC, but then again, he could just be talking a big game for the papers, while Konami was just looking to milk it for DLC.

I dunno. I'm so ugh about this whole thing at this point. I feel like some guy who didn't really like Castlevania got me all excited about Castlevania again then pissed all over my Castlevania.

Like what the hell, man?

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
@e105beta

will you ever trust humans again?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
@e105beta

will you ever trust humans again?

Yeah, after I get redeemed in the 3rd game.

NOT LIKE THIS GUY.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)

It's bugging me more than it should I was thinking ahh man this is so cool my hype was through the roof at this point then bam. and he only had  a fragment does it work that way? Why did we  need to collect  like what three shards?

http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/entrevista-enric-alvarez-esto-que-ha-pasado-con-castlevania-es-totalmente-injusto

Big ass justification interview from Enric Alvarez.

He justifies the open ended ending in it, so I think what we see is what we get. It makes me worry about closure DLC, but then again, he could just be talking a big game for the papers, while Konami was just looking to milk it for DLC.

I dunno. I'm so ugh about this whole thing at this point. I feel like some guy who didn't really like Castlevania got me all excited about Castlevania again then pissed all over my Castlevania.

Like what the hell, man?

Wait what happened? yeah the ending made me sour slightly I thought this was supposed to be the end.

And what about not liking cv?
(click to show/hide)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
It's bugging me more than it should I was thinking ahh man this is so cool my hype was through the roof at this point then bam. and he only had  a fragment does it work that way? Why did we  need to collect  like what three shards?

Wait what happened? yeah the ending made me sour slightly I thought this was supposed to be the end.

And what about not liking cv?

It's an interview with Alvarez. It's a lot of "Reviewers don't know what they're talking about" and "This is the story we wanted to tell" mumbo jumbo.

The two things that stood out to me was that the interviewer commented on how the games were tale of redemption (which they totally are, or are at least supposed to be) and how the ending was super open ended, and all Alvarez could reply with was "Well, this is a story of unobtainable redemption, and we didn't want to make a conclusive ending because it had to end this way. Dracula is too complex of a character to have a real ending". It's total bullshit, and I hope he's just paying lip-service because Konami wanted ending DLC. I can only hope.

He also mentioned at the beginning that when they were approached by Konami, he and a couple other big players at MS really weren't familiar with Castlevania AT ALL. Konami had to bring in outside Castlevania experts.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
It's an interview with Alvarez. It's a lot of "Reviewers don't know what they're talking about" and "This is the story we wanted to tell" mumbo jumbo.

The two things that stood out to me was that the interviewer commented on how the games were tale of redemption (which they totally are, or are at least supposed to be) and how the ending was super open ended, and all Alvarez could reply with was "Well, this is a story of unobtainable redemption, and we didn't want to make a conclusive ending because it had to end this way. Dracula is too complex of a character to have a real ending". It's total bullshit, and I hope he's just paying lip-service because Konami wanted ending DLC. I can only hope.

He also mentioned at the beginning that when they were approached by Konami, he and a couple other big players at MS really weren't familiar with Castlevania AT ALL. Konami had to bring in outside Castlevania experts.

oh man. oh man. I thought they knew at least a little or something.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Like what the hell, man?
This is exactly how I felt after finishing Lords of Shadow 1.

I'm done following reboots of old franchises, like, what's the point of even using the name of an old IP if you're just out to piss off everyone following the brand in the first place? Why not invest all that money and time into something new? If you're going to bring something back, do it right.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:59:57 PM by OSM »

Offline Trevelyan

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
I feel like some guy who didn't really like Castlevania got me all excited about Castlevania again then pissed all over my Castlevania.

Like what the hell, man?

This is what i'm feeling somewhat, it's conflicting.  LOS got me back into CV after a long time and I was excited, both to learn the conclusion to LOS's story (which I love) and for whatever came next for Castlevania.  But now, with the combination of Konami making them leave the story wide open, and LoS2 getting bad reviews makes it seem unlikely we'll ever get a definitive conclusion to this story. 

The way MS seemed to want to be done with LoS so (relatively) quickly had me worried for a while and it seems that wasn't unfounded.  That's the part that seemed really strange to me.

As soon as 2 was announced, Dave Cox had said "We don't want to be 'The Castlevania team", what we need is a developer who is happy to be that, I think. 

anything