Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406107 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
So, any Japanese reviews or thoughts come out yet? I'm curious as to how Castlevania's Hometown feels about the last Lords game.

For that matter, what did they think of the first? Pixiv has itself some Japanese Gabriel fanart, but I cant read moon, so browsing famitsu tells me nothing
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I wouldn't say Lords is non canon per-say, since it's a reboot.  Maybe alternate universe since it features some of the same people but a different setting and retelling of their story. 

@MaddiChan
(click to show/hide)

I would say its non-canon since it was never meant to be a complete reboot of the franchise but be a stand alone series.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
So, any Japanese reviews or thoughts come out yet? I'm curious as to how Castlevania's Hometown feels about the last Lords game.

For that matter, what did they think of the first? Pixiv has itself some Japanese Gabriel fanart, but I cant read moon, so browsing famitsu tells me nothing

LoS2 is not yet released in Japan. The official Konami site says TBA 2014.
I even browsed famitsu and the last thing they posted regarding LoS2 was the Tokyo Game show.
I also checked out the interest level and only 11 people displayed interest on the PS3 version, 0 interest on the Xbox360.

The fanart you see in pixiv is based on screenshots/trailers/etc. and not all who post in pixiv are Japanese.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Hehehe. Pachislot 3 is a remake of CV3 in slot machine form, minus Grant, again.

Why does Konami hate Grant.  Poor pirate ninja mummy guy.  I still love you Grant. *holds lighter*

Yup. Whether people like them or not.

And ironically, most people don't. Save Kid Dracula.  You have no soul if you hate that game. And the more people that hate Lords, that's just more sexy Gabe for me.

I wouldn't say Lords is non canon per-say, since it's a reboot.  Maybe alternate universe since it features some of the same people but a different setting and retelling of their story.

Perfect!  So eventually both universes can cross paths and both Dracs can sit around shooting the shit over a glass of blood! Or back to back Alucards fighting hoards of monsters!  Genius! Fucking genius!

@MaddiChan
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I've been wondering that too.  Is Lords popular over there?

I would say its non-canon since it was never meant to be a complete reboot of the franchise but be a stand alone series.

No, shut up!  I want my sexy Dracula crossover damn it!  Back to back Alucards! Feel the dream!  8)
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Why does Konami hate Grant.  Poor pirate ninja mummy guy.  I still love you Grant. *holds lighter*

I have no idea why they hate him so. Such a shame that the Danesti clan is ignored even though in real life they are the rivals of the Draculesti clan.

Perfect!  So eventually both universes can cross paths and both Dracs can sit around shooting the shit over a glass of blood! Or back to back Alucards fighting hoards of monsters!  Genius! Fucking genius!

I want my sexy Dracula crossover damn it!  Back to back Alucards! Feel the dream!  8)

Ah the dream is felt (even though I personally prefer the beauty of SotN's Alucard more then LoS's), but sadly I doubt it would happen except of course in Fanfiction! Are you a writer?  ;) Make it happen. hehehe.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards

Hm, good point.  Nevermind, non-canon it is.

@Maddi: as said, there is always fan fiction.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
I have no idea why they hate him so. Such a shame that the Danesti clan is ignored even though in real life they are the rivals of the Draculesti clan.

Because Grant isn't pretty and mysterious like Alucard or have boobs that shoot magic.  And before anyone corrects me: yes,  I know Sypha's boobs don't shoot magic but admit it:  that's all you saw after seeing her judgement design. Magical boobs.

Ah the dream is felt (even though I personally prefer the beauty of SotN's Alucard more then LoS's), but sadly I doubt it would happen except of course in Fanfiction! Are you a writer?  ;) Make it happen. hehehe.

And just like that, you're my favorite!  Someone that shares the dream! We can make a club and start a petition!  YEAH!  And I don't write fan fiction so much as random smut.  It just scares people, trust me.
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Something tells me Gabriel Dracula wouldn't get along with Mathias Dracula...
No, shut up!  I want my sexy Dracula crossover damn it!  Back to back Alucards! Feel the dream!  8)
I'm pretty sure I had a japanese pic somewhere of both Alucards with swapped clothes...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Something tells me Gabriel Dracula wouldn't get along with Mathias Dracula...

Battle of the egos.

I'm pretty sure I had a japanese pic somewhere of both Alucards with swapped clothes...

Yeah. I think I saw that too somewhere in pixiv.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I just finished the game. Wut
(click to show/hide)
So you guys I don't know ending wasn't that bad for me maybe your warnings about it made my expectation so low.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
- The game holds your hand for far too long. I'm getting tired of the all-too-obvious camera pans, the interminable prompts, the constant hints provided by Zobek, and those bats. I simply can't get rid of those bats, even when I disable hinting. It's almost insulting.

While the Zobek hints go away, I was almost sad when they did.

"Maybe you can cool. her. down. somehow."

"She's too good for you. Find a way to slow her down."

Screw you too, Zobek.

I just finished the game. Wut
(click to show/hide)
So you guys I don't know ending wasn't that bad for me maybe your warnings about it made my expectation so low.

I actually watched the ending before fighting Zobek. Man, it pissed me off as I'm sure everyone here knows.

However, after going through the end game motions, the ending...didn't bother me as much? I mean, it still sucks, but I guess I was so high off of the boss fights that I just didn't care. It was nowhere near the emotional ending that the series deserves, but it was a typical action game ending, I guess.

You know, since you mention it, the whole final boss fight to the credits roll kind of felt like something right out of DMC.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:09:23 PM by e105beta »

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
By the way I want to say that boss battles are pretty amazing in this game. For all of mercury stream fault they know how to do some great boss battles.
Top Boss Battles
(click to show/hide)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Something tells me Gabriel Dracula wouldn't get along with Mathias Dracula... ..

Why not?

From what i can gather the 2 have some things in common, both are very poweful vampires, both despise god for taking away their beloved, and both have a affinity for the color red/blood. ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I do want to say something else. I get it now. Dave Cox is a fucking liar, this was a guy in interviews who said there is going to optional cutscenes, optional enemies blah blah blah. What a fucking asshole. You know with all the development problems this game had, I am pretty amazed it turned out to be a good game. Not a great game which should been but a good game.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I do want to say something else. I get it now. Dave Cox is a fucking liar, this was a guy in interviews who said there is going to optional cutscenes, optional enemies blah blah blah. What a fucking asshole. You know with all the development problems this game had, I am pretty amazed it turned out to be a good game. Not a great game which should been but a good game.

So, Dave Cox being Dave Cox...?

You should know, man. He's pulled this before.

anything