Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406211 times)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Dude I know he did but you know at some point it gets too far. There is point where some guy who this guy (Trevor) ain't Alucard (Mirror of Fate) thats fine but when he lies about the content in the game. Thats bullshit. Seriously I love Lords of Shadow series and I love LOS 1 and universe but man Lords of Shadow 2 could been great. This is a 7-8 game when gameplay mechanics are way better than Lords of Shadow 1 but man you don't feel excitement or hype or even heart that 1 had. Exploration is cool but seriously I wouldn't mind if it was linear if they could made the game feel tighter. Fewer Wow moments and grandeur than Lords of Shadow 1.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I feel like some guy who didn't really like Castlevania got me all excited about Castlevania again then pissed all over my Castlevania.

He's been doing it from the very beginning. It's just starting to sink in for some people a little later than others.

He also mentioned at the beginning that when they were approached by Konami, he and a couple other big players at MS really weren't familiar with Castlevania AT ALL. Konami had to bring in outside Castlevania experts.

Is this really a surprise? It was pretty obvious from the very first game. I still can't figure out if the game was even a Castlevania game at the beginning. I really am leaning toward "No".

I think it was Uzo who mentioned LoS feels like "The videogame of the movie of the videogame" wasnt it?

I believe I've mentioned it, possibly not in the same words. I'm not the only one who mentioned it though, as you know now.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So I just remembered few things fucked up in the plot.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Victor... what a FUCKING JOKE. I'm sure they didn't had ANY IDEA of what to do with him. So let's kill him in the first 10 minutes.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
It would been so bad if
(click to show/hide)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I killed him so fast that it didn't make it any good at all. Void Sword is OP.

Cool that he has all Gabriel's movements and a few extras. Maybe he'll be playable on DLC. As he stands now, he's a fucking useless "badass" character.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I do want to say something else. I get it now. Dave Cox is a fucking liar, this was a guy in interviews who said there is going to optional cutscenes, optional enemies blah blah blah. What a fucking asshole. You know with all the development problems this game had, I am pretty amazed it turned out to be a good game. Not a great game which should been but a good game.

Seriously, that one interview he did where he was talking about optional bosses had me pissing my pants with joy.

In his mind, the Paladin in the Kleidos challenge is probably an "optional boss"

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I killed him so fast that it didn't make it any good at all. Void Sword is OP.

Cool that he has all Gabriel's movements and a few extras. Maybe he'll be playable on DLC. As he stands now, he's a fucking useless "badass" character.

If the claims about IGA not wanting them to use the name Julius, maybe he knew that they were killing off this fucker as soon as they introduced him.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
He's been doing it from the very beginning. It's just starting to sink in for some people a little later than others.

Speak for yourself. I very much enjoyed LoS and MoF, and I still do. LoS2 hasn't changed that.

Is this really a surprise? It was pretty obvious from the very first game. I still can't figure out if the game was even a Castlevania game at the beginning. I really am leaning toward "No".

I saw the Castlevania in LoS, I saw it even more in MoF, and for all its modern day flaws, the castle parts in LoS2 scream Castlevania. Did I think Alvarez himself was a big time Castlevania fan? Well, I don't think I ever really thought about it before now. I was too busy focusing on Cox claiming his undying love for the series, which I don't actually doubt.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I saw the Castlevania in LoS, I saw it even more in MoF, and for all its modern day flaws, the castle parts in LoS2 scream Castlevania. Did I think Alvarez himself was a big time Castlevania fan? Well, I don't think I ever really thought about it before now. I was too busy focusing on Cox claiming his undying love for the series, which I don't actually doubt.

Don't you think it's striking that the most Castlevania-ish title in the Lords of Shadow series was one that Mercurysteam had to make because the real sequel to Lords of Shadow wasn't ready? I think that's a bit telling.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Seriously, that one interview he did where he was talking about optional bosses had me pissing my pants with joy.

In his mind, the Paladin in the Kleidos challenge is probably an "optional boss"
You mean in his deranged mind :P. That still doesn't explain optional story bits though. Also he totally lied to your face on twitter about something after the ending. Isn't a good look for him.

Seriously my problem with Lords of Shadow 2 is it has all ingredients to be great and had the development to be great and didn't come together. Seriously although I don't have major problems with ending like most of you do. The ending is still pretty bland.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I can't believe all the complains about the Argeus part, I don't consider myself a great player and I figured it in less than 5 minutes.

So far I'm loving the game, the toymaker and Carmilla stuff (level design and story) was fantastic. In the other hand, everytime I have to back to the real world I want to kill myself, such a crap design.

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
The thing that annoyed me about Carmilla and Toymaker is there roles were really small just served as boss battles. They were good boss battles but should have larger role

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Don't you think it's striking that the most Castlevania-ish title in the Lords of Shadow series was one that Mercurysteam had to make because the real sequel to Lords of Shadow wasn't ready? I think that's a bit telling.

I guess? I'm not quite sure I'm making the connection.

You mean in his deranged mind :P. That still doesn't explain optional story bits though. Also he totally lied to your face on twitter about something after the ending. Isn't a good look for him.

Seriously my problem with Lords of Shadow 2 is it has all ingredients to be great and had the development to be great and didn't come together. Seriously although I don't have major problems with ending like most of you do. The ending is still pretty bland.

Yeah, can't say I'm very appreciative of that. He could have just said "No".

The thing that annoyed me about Carmilla and Toymaker is there roles were really small just served as boss battles. They were good boss battles but should have larger role

I feel like the less characters in a MercurySteam game, the better the story.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
You know, I'm honestly relieved the people who presented such a, uh, different vision of the series weren't Castlevania fans. I guess the only one who was a fan was Lore Master Cox.

anything