Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406144 times)

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I felt Lords 2's music was plenty varied.

What i notice though, and he did this in loS1 also, is in all or most of  the tracks, he tries to fit in the main theme of the game as the underscore or background. Which is probably why a lot of tracks in loS1 felt so samey

Some people may not like it, but I've always liked it when a composer can integrate their main theme into a lot of the soundtrack. It's why I like the FFIX soundtrack so much.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I already said it wasn't a big deal man :V

You also said it was silly and defended your stance for several posts, even though the only thing that was "silly" was the fact that this was an actual concern to begin with.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Some people may not like it, but I've always liked it when a composer can integrate their main theme into a lot of the soundtrack. It's why I like the FFIX soundtrack so much.
The thing about FFIX's soundtrack is, there are a LOT of songs on that OST(at lot of music in FFIX). Even without all the arrangements of key songs and melodies, you have a lot of original music of wide variety(Uematsu does variety good, as he's able to go rock, pop, jazz, old medieval-sounding, among others). Though the FF series, in general, even without Uematsu, has high variety. Hamauzu kept that up, and I'm sure Shimomura will continue that with FFXV. 

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
You also said it was silly and defended your stance for several posts, even though the only thing that was "silly" was the fact that this was an actual concern to begin with.
Or I was just replying back to people?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
The thing about FFIX's soundtrack is, there are a LOT of songs on that OST(at lot of music in FFIX). Even without all the arrangements of key songs and melodies, you have a lot of original music of wide variety(Uematsu does variety good, as he's able to go rock, pop, jazz, old medieval-sounding, among others). Though the FF series, in general, even without Uematsu, has high variety. Hamauzu kept that up, and I'm sure Shimomura will continue that with FFXV.

Sure, but the best moments were where they brought back the main theme.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I cant wait for the OST, theres one or two tracks that I just cant find on youtube, particularly the one that Seems to play mostly while in overlook tower. There's barely any music to it and is like a singing kinda deal.

Might just record it off the game :P
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
I cant wait for the OST, theres one or two tracks that I just cant find on youtube, particularly the one that Seems to play mostly while in overlook tower. There's barely any music to it and is like a singing kinda deal.

Might just record it off the game :P

personally i think its stupid how the next d-Arts is gonna be yet another zero, agree?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Sure, but the best moments were where they brought back the main theme.
They were mainly parts the revolved around Zidane and Garnet's particular stories. The three main motifs focused on Zidane's memories("The Place I'll Return to Someday") , Garnet("Melodies of Life", which acts as the game's main theme as well) and Kuja("Kuja's Theme"). Lesser themes were arranged, but not to the point of being overused. Beatrix's Theme(Rose of May) was arranged for "Protecting My Devotion", and Freya's Theme was arranged for "Burmecia". Though, even with the arrangements, there's still great variety in style within the soundtrack. The unique reinterpretations of other songs keep the arrangements from becoming stale.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
They were mainly parts the revolved around Zidane and Garnet's particular stories. The three main motifs focused on Zidane's memories("The Place I'll Return to Someday") , Garnet("Melodies of Life", which acts as the game's main theme as well) and Kuja("Kuja's Theme"). Lesser themes were arranged, but not to the point of being overused. Beatrix's Theme(Rose of May) was arranged for "Protecting My Devotion", and Freya's Theme was arranged for "Burmecia". Though, even with the arrangements, there's still great variety in style within the soundtrack. The unique reinterpretations of other songs keep the arrangements from becoming stale.

so how long have u been using the "DragonSlayr81" handle? since the aol days i bet o.o;

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
personally i think its stupid how the next d-Arts is gonna be yet another zero, agree?
A bit
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Soundtrack is every bit as important as the gameplay.

4 big things:

1. Gameplay
2. Presentation/visuals
3. Music
4. Story

(not necessarily in that order)

If a game is amazing but has shit music, it  affects the overall experience.

speaking of music, i really wouldn't mind if Oscar Aurujo came back for future CV titles. You can tell he enjoys what he does, and had fun making the music for LoS2. it just screams "passion".
It's like you love to kill the franchise that I love(d)... why the hell would I want Oscar Araujo when what he delivers is worse than anything I've heard on this series before?

NO, please, just like LoS should be dead, Oscar should be doing his music for other games, but Castlevania.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well, as for the LoS 2 music... Yes, I liked more than the first one. I liked too the reuse of the main theme. As being said, the music is not bad, but I really miss that CV music, and I am not talking of remixes of old themes, I want more pipe organ, piano, violin, toccatas... CV music can be classic-orchasted music, like the Castlevania New Classic soundtrack, released some time ago.

LoS 2 music is an improvement on the first one, and if Araujo continue in the same way, giving more Castlevania-like music, then welcome (VK musicbox was great, but not enough for me) If he enjoys what he do, the he can focus that feel in a more accurate soundtrack...

PD A week ago the main theme here were the inminent lauch of LoS 2. I never imagined that after a week, I read such comments regarding the game (plot, ending, gameplay, reviews...) and the apparent staff member POV of the development. Talk about a "plot twist" here in the forum...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

You know what is varied? Having opera, orchestral, eletronic, blues and prog rock as inspirations in one game. Sorry, that's what this series music sounded like in the past.

Oscar approach is different from everything that Castlevania sounded in the past, just like the game. It's a total reboot.

Hell, there almost 5 variations of Dracula's Theme on the game and variation's of Belmont Theme too... varied is not the word you use to call LoS OST, at all.

I'll repeat that it's the only CV that sounded so bad to me in all these years... well, better than Harmony of Dissonance (which still have some awesome compositions there hindered by the low quality instruments of the GBA) and Order of Shadows.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:19:11 PM by Maedhros »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
It's like you love to kill the franchise that I love(d)... why the hell would I want Oscar Araujo when what he delivers is worse than anything I've heard on this series before?

NO, please, just like LoS should be dead, Oscar should be doing his music for other games, but Castlevania.

WAH WAH YOU WANT TO KILL THE FRANCHISE!

No, I just have different opinions and different taste, deal with it.

Also,

I DONT LIKE THING!

That's fine, but it's your opinion.

You need to stop making such violent kneejerk reactions to anything people say they like about LoS. It comes off as ridiculously immature.

You didnt like it. we get it.

Some of us did like it.

Having opera, orchestral, eletronic, blues and prog rock as inspirations in one game. Sorry, that's what this series music sounded like in the past.
Only SotN had that kind of musical variety. The rest of the Metroidvanias stick very closely to Baroque/neoclassical or gothic more organ inspired tracks, when it isnt just a remix of an older track. They don't have the same level of variety, and follow one theme of music. This is no different from LoS following a more bombastic orchestral theme.

Oscar approach is different from everything that Castlevania sounded in the past, just like the game. It's a total reboot.
And I liked some of it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:45:25 PM by Flame »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
Complaining about a complain doesn't head anywhere.

And we know you love it, so you too, shouldn't care when I complain about something. I'll continue to complain as long as my interest on this franchise and this forum continues, so deal with it.

And every soundtrack in Castlevania always had lots of variation in then, I dunno what the hell you're talking about.

anything