Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406021 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
(click to show/hide)
and I'm liking this game so far. Liking it a lot, surprisingly. I'm having more fun with this one than the first, specifically with the combat.

I think most of the complaints that reviewers had about this game are justified, but I'm not really bothered by those aspects at all. I was coming into the game dreading the stealth-rat parts, but they're not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Still a little silly, but meh.

The city environments are fine with me. Not to say I think they're perfect or couldn't be improved, but I thought they were enjoyable.

The plotholes don't even really bother me that much, but maybe I haven't had time for some of it to sink in yet, I guess.
(click to show/hide)
The plot is what I was worried about the most, but so far, it doesn't seem all that bad, I guess.

Maybe having low expectations going in this time around has helped me enjoy this game, but I still think it's legitimately good. Seeing the mediocre reviews (and wondering why they even bothered with MoF in the first place) was setting me up for disappointment, but I'm loving it so far. Still, like everyone else, I can't help but wonder how it could've been without Enric Alvarez allegedly mangling so many of the team's ideas.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:28:43 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
2014 Dracula be like... "hey chupacabra, i need more dodo eggs. how much?"

Offline Asgardwolf

• Lord of the Lycans
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Where did this 2057 year come from? It's in the wiki but I never saw it from an official source. Furthermore, LOS was in 1047...exactly 1000 years hence would be 2047.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Ok guys I have made it to the famous "Agreus stealth section" and it is definitely the epitome of the worst part of the game and stealth sections by far.

I can see why this section made so many give up and give this game crappy reviews because this section on top of the other unnecessary and illogical stealth sections really does put a damper on what I must admit was a fun game, Those stealth sections are like a punch in the gut by a carny after getting off a fun ride, it kinda ruins it.

And that Agreus section only multiplies the hatred one has for those stealth sections by freaken 10x.

The whole stealth thing was a terrible idea by MS that should not have been implemented in the first place, have no clue what where going through their heads when they decided to add stealth sections to a castlevania game.

This game would have been so much better without them in my opinion.

All that being said I plan on somehow getting past it and finishing the game, not going to give up on this.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
CVLOS 2 - Pieces of a Mirror chapter - Agreus walkthrough

ur welcome

Already looked at that, did not help since I could not pull it off as good as the person in the vid.

I

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I needed two tries only. Not really that hard.

Doesn't matter, because it continues to be a shitty designed section.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
I needed two tries only. Not really that hard.

Subjective.

Some players are better than others I guess, but the general opinion of most of the people who has played that section has called it a severe pain in the ass and the worst part of the game, check the reviews as well as the youtube videos to see my point.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
I'm not your typical casual gamer. I always try the best I can on the games I own, not mattter how hard they are.

And I never said that the area has good design, I'm saying that it isn't as hard as people make it to be. Unless you're a casual gamer.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

And I never said that the area has good design, I'm saying that it isn't as hard as people make it to be. Unless you're a casual gamer.

So your calling me as well as many others a casual gamer which is complete BS.

I play the hell out of any game I purchase as well, I've beaten Devil May Cry 3 on the hardest difficulty (Dante must Die) and that game is notorious for its regular difficulty let alone Dante must die mode.

Your making a pretty poor assumptions here.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I get the feeling that a lot of the people who get so completely hung up on that Agreus part are not just forgetting about the mist form, but are forgetting that they can jump.

Wading through leaves just briefly will cause a big ruckus that gets Agreus to rush you down. Hopping across those portions will attract his attention, but less so since you're going to be reducing the time spent and noise created on these surfaces considerably.

On my New Game+ runthrough I decided to go through this without the mist. Getting to the door switch was extremely simple, and even though I got caught before I could get out, the door remained open and getting back was equally simple.

Honesly, this part is just a blip in the game. I actually even liked it since you have several different ways to tackle it, unlike most of the Golgoth parts.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
So your calling me as well as many others a casual gamer which is complete BS.

I play the hell out of any game I purchase as well, I've beaten Devil May Cry 3 on the hardest difficulty (Dante must Die) and that game is notorious for its regular difficulty let alone Dante must die mode.

Your making a pretty poor assumptions here.

I continue to say it's not that hard. I could do what the guy did on the video. It isn't hard to pull that.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
I continue to say it's not that hard. I could do what the guy did on the video. It isn't hard to pull that.

As I said earlier, saying that part is not hard is subjective, not a fact.

Some are better at certain parts of games than others, it doesn't make them a "casual gamer" simply because you found it easy while others did not.

anything