Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406050 times)

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Neither. hehehe.
He is a spoof character.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Maybe we should throw in a Chupacabra too.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
A text file from the game data reveals Victor was called Julius during development.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
A text file from the game data reveals Victor was called Julius during development.

I remember Dave in an interview (can't recall which one) said that Victor was going to be Julius, but then they remembered that it was IGA's creation and that they wanted to respect him and his universe, so they changed it to Victor.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Leak guy said IGA requested them to change is. Doesn't exactly line up with what Cox said, but it would make sense he wouldn't mention that juicy detail.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #8152 on: March 15, 2014, 08:49:33 AM »
who is this "leak guy" lol

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
This surprises no one.  I called it since his reveal. That speaks volumes of the troubles of this game, they started with Julius, sometime last year they rewrote him as Victor and included Sonia, then deleted Sonia and killed off Victor, that in 1 year.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
This surprises no one.  I called it since his reveal. That speaks volumes of the troubles of this game, they started with Julius, sometime last year they rewrote him as Victor and included Sonia, then deleted Sonia and killed off Victor, that in 1 year.
Sonia Belmont would have been really cool to see.

I'm not mad about Julius, would have been lame to see them kill him off instead. Seriously, Victor's death is still the dumbest part of the entire story.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:53:29 AM by OSM »

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I still have some faith that concept art of Sonia will leak.

And thank goodness he was rewritten into being named Victor. To die in 30 secs would have been disrespectful indeed to Julius character. Thank you iga

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i dont knwo why i like this track so much, but i feel it accurately represents the grandiosity of not just the castle but the entire castlevania series itself

First Return to the Castle - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 OST

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Interesting. Any other interesting things in the files for the PC version, be it the original ending for the game or something pointing to a final boss fight with Satan himself? Unused text or unused <insert object here>? Does it mention anything about Victor's backstory? (which was said by Cox to parallel Gabriel's in that one interview on RelyonHorror)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
LoS2 OST is so good. Top 5 of the series for me.
(click to show/hide)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
i dont knwo why i like this track so much, but i feel it accurately represents the grandiosity of not just the castle but the entire castlevania series itself

First Return to the Castle - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 OST

It's funny. When I first heard that, I instantly thought of the classic games. I thought of the Marble Gallery in Symphony of the Night, the Chapel in Circle of the Moon, Chapel of Dissonance in Harmony of Dissonance. It's actually does a good job of bringing out the grandeur of Dracula's castle.

anything