Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406501 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 12:23:27 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
So I wasn't the only one to notice that? Good.

LoS2 OST is so good. Top 5 of the series for me.
(click to show/hide)
Really? In musical terms, the LoS saga hits the absolute bottom of my list.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:45:06 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Interesting. Any other interesting things in the files for the PC version, be it the original ending for the game or something pointing to a final boss fight with Satan himself? Unused text or unused <insert object here>? Does it mention anything about Victor's backstory? (which was said by Cox to parallel Gabriel's in that one interview on RelyonHorror)
Nothing else, apart the total content of the DLC (I talked about it in another thread).

The Julius thing is more of a "mistake" from the dev, they just forgot to change it to Victor in a file.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
It would be nice to know when Mirror of Fate & Lords of Shadow 2 avatars are coming to PSN, if ever.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
@kiddracul Dave, I've been wondering, if Dracul wants but cannot die, why do I keep getting killed? I mean, I get killed, I win, right?

@GodiePeCo - No you just resurrect again. True death requires the vampire killer

heh.

but basically "videogame logic"
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
While I have no doubt Konami probably expected this game to sell more copies than LoS1, and that its not going to hit the sales projections that they have, you can't really call the game a complete bomb based on 4 days in one region on two out of three platforms in said region.

Also, you would need to know just exactly how many copies sold Konami wanted it to reach for relevance. I seriously doubt they are expecting Metal Gear Solid type numbers with something like Castlevania.

Offline Terin

• Awards
So, one question for folks on the ending of LoS2 -- and impressions on it (which might be better suited to its own topic):

(click to show/hide)

I wonder if it just shows no redemption -- that he and Alucard will be as they are now, forever?  But he tries to be "optimistic" and convince his son (since he now is reconnected with him) that everything is going to be OK.

Offline derision

• It's dangerous to go alone. I'm robbing you.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
It looked like a smile to me, although I'm not sure what that conveys exactly. It's more noticeable with the armored skin because of his mustache.

I like to think that when he looked into the mirror, he saw himself breaking the mirror. Haha.

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
So, one question for folks on the ending of LoS2 -- and impressions on it (which might be better suited to its own topic):

(click to show/hide)

I wonder if it just shows no redemption -- that he and Alucard will be as they are now, forever?  But he tries to be "optimistic" and convince his son (since he now is reconnected with him) that everything is going to be OK.

It was probably a 'Well screw you, you all showing reflective prick' smile. I think he probably saw Alucard going against him in the mirror or something along those lines. Gabriel's story has sort of always been driven by fate till him becoming Dracul. And now that he had enough of something else controlling his destiny he broke it.

Offline cardrac

• Awards
http://forum.nordicgames.at/showthread.php?178155-Darksiders/page117

Don't know if anyone's seen this, but if you scroll down to post #1748 it looks like Satans second form or true form of a multi headed dragon. DLC form maybe? Or scrapped idea??

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
We called that the last battle was going to be Dragon vs Dragon. Man the game is probably nothing like they planned at the beginning.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Or they could be different Leviathan concepts.

Offline cardrac

• Awards
Sucks to wonder how much we were actually deprived of  :'(