Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406320 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I just realized what a fun twist it would be if that Vampire Killer was a fake and Zobek used it as a new object to keep his life force in, or if he managed to use the actual one because of some reason related to Gabriel's corruption and his destruction of it in the first game.

I also wanted Dracula to realize the light that banished satan in the first game was Gabriel ascending to heaven like the other founders of the brotherhood and what was left on earth in the ending was his shadow of rage, guilt, and spite and this amalgamation never knew he was not the real Gabriel.

Yikes. I smell sequel. Nooooooooo!  :o

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Heh I just off the cuff wrote a better plot for LoS2 than Alvarez. I wish that was something to actually be able to brag about though.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
Alvarez actually explained it on twitter. Zobek didn't die because Necromancers can keep theit vital escence in an object (yeah like in Harry Potter) and in Zobek's case it was... the Devil mask. That's why it "survived" the fire and he regenerated from there. So yes, you guessed right. And judging by his smile after his imapalement, he probably did it again.

So he's a lich? With a phylactery and everything?

See, if that had been IN THE GAME, that's a great explanation. It also means, that, yes, he probably still is alive, since the Devil Mask is still floating around somewhere.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
As fucking stupid as that is... Why was that not explained in game?
Seems like the Final Fantasy XIII way of storytelling.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I also wanted Dracula to realize the light that banished satan in the first game was Gabriel ascending to heaven like the other founders of the brotherhood and what was left on earth in the ending was his shadow of rage, guilt, and spite and this amalgamation never knew he was not the real Gabriel.
This is a common fan fiction i despise with all my heart. That would ruin Dracul's character. He was never evil here anyway, he hated the brotherhood, but didn't hate whole humanity. He got his LOS with Inner Dracula I think. Also your theory is very predictable. I wouldn't call it a "better plot" at all, it's fan fictish.

See, if that had been IN THE GAME, that's a great explanation. It also means, that, yes, he probably still is alive, since the Devil Mask is still floating around somewhere.
I think the new "Horocrux" is the Vampire Killer.

Alvarez seems to have the plot very well planned, he answers stuff about little details in twitter all the time. Sadly he can't write it in game for some reason. But scrolls with portal jokes are toatlly neccessary rite guys?

Another thing, Cox now says that Dracula at the ending is the RULER of the earth, how cool a last shot with Dracula at the throne watching HIS world under his power would be? With the little doubt at the end if he's using his power for good or evil? That would cost like 20 days of work. But alas.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:44:21 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I just wanted to "BREAK THE CURSE OF IMMORTALITY"

I never got what was advertised.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Well I wouldn't have thought of it if they didn't have a random beam of light shoot out of him into the heavens. At the time I kind of just figured that's what they were setting up.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:56:50 PM by Viskod »

Offline SSBBfan666

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
and Alucard could be on the side hunting down remnants of Satan's army while dual wielding the SHIT out of the Crissaegrim and Masamune like the badass he is, occasionally he would join his father in some father-son bonding; like bowling, watching movies, sparring, and more.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Well I wouldn't have thought of it if they didn't have a random beam of light shoot out of him into the heavens. At the time I kind of just figured that's what they were setting up.
That was the power of God *Alvarez Twitter too*. I wonder if that's when God "abandons" Gabriel.

Everything comes full circle

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
everything is just so conflicting tho. dracula said the castle has been his home for centuries, and now all he wants to do is escape, but doesnt. he defeats his inner dracula, but not really, so the sole purpose of that fight was to give us the double jump ability & nothing more. he goes on fetch quest to piece together the mirror of fate, only to shatter it again. he tells trevor that he chooses his family, but now according to cox chooses to rule earth instead

what they shoulda done was make an ending that was an homage to the Bram Stokers Dracula movie by after having an epic battle with Satan, a near-death drac says "where is my God.. he has forsaken me" then we see a vision of Marie reaching for him, he turns to Alucard (shoulda been Victor) asks him to "give me peace" then he shoves the combat cross/crissaegrim/whatever through his heart
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 10:15:01 PM by crisis »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Gabe was supercharged by the souls of the dead and holy power and shit. that was all that crap leaving him, and incinerating Satan in the process.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
That was the power of God *Alvarez Twitter too*. I wonder if that's when God "abandons" Gabriel.

Oh well, that would have been nice to know at the time to put the scene in better context.

everything is just so conflicting tho. dracula said the castle has been his home for centuries, and now all he wants to do is escape, but doesnt. he defeats his inner dracula, but not really, so the sole purpose of that fight was to give us the double jump ability & nothing more. he goes on fetch quest to piece together the mirror of fate, only to shatter it again. he tells trevor that he chooses his family, but now according to cox chooses to rule earth instead

He got tired of living there and being Dracul, He doesn't defeat Inner Dracula so much as he subdues it. Inner Dracula is his vampiric blood and his rage combined and in his weakened state from waking up after so long was trying to take him over completely and erase what little humanity (Marie and Trevor) he had left in him. Or that was my understanding of it.

He pieces together the Mirror of Fate so that he can fully remember what happened to him, and also to open that door behind his throne room. He shatters the mirror because Konami made them change the ending and they didn't know what to do.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Alvarez said that he believes Zobek IS dead, but how one "never really knows with necromancers" who tend to keep their life essence in a safe place.

It's just one of those things that all open for debate.
Zobek's laughter before being frozen and shatter to me suggests that he is not truly dead and just went back to hiding in "The Kingdom of the Lifeless."
If he were to resurrect though, he probably wouldn't be foolish enough to try challenging Dracula again.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Are we still trying to justify LoS2's plot? Look, I didn't want to spoil it for all of you, but here's the official epilogue, brought to us by an anonymous leaker:

"And so it was that both Death and Satan were permanently destroyed, putting an end to the ageless suffering of humanity. For from that day on, all would live on in peace and harmony, forever grateful for their blessed existence in a world where no one died, no one was evil, and everyone was a mutant. In the crumbling ashes of Castlevania city, joyful children would come to point and shout in glee at Satan's lifeless and bloodied corpse, and the occasionally fortunate traveler would meet two not-exactly-so-evil vampires, cursed to wander the streets of Castlevania for all eternity. But that traveler would smile, as he'd know, just by looking at them, that everything would be all right -- for Gabriel and Alucard, despite centuries of differences, did love each other after all.
The End."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:35:11 AM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Are we still trying to justify LoS2's plot? Look, I didn't want to spoil it for all of you, but here's the official epilogue, brought to us by an anonymous leaker:

"And so it was that both Death and Satan were permanently destroyed, putting an end to the ageless suffering of humanity. For from that day on, all would live on in peace and harmony, forever grateful for their blessed existence in a world where no one died, no one was evil, and everyone was a mutant. In the crumbling ashes of Castlevania city, joyful children would come to point and shout in glee at Satan's lifeless and bloodied corpse, and the occasionally fortunate traveler would meet two not-exactly-evil vampires, cursed to wander the streets of Castlevania for all eternity. But that traveler would smile, as he'd know, just by looking at them, that everything would be all right -- for Gabriel and Alucard, despite centuries of differences, did love each other after all.
The End."

And that, my friends, is how Castlevania turned into a feel-good family movie...or just the beginning for some random fangirl's vampiric incest fantasies.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:28:09 AM by Somacula »