Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406104 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
DLC that retcons his death would be nice, but it would never happen.
I Wonder if Sonia is coming too? According to Bergaron those were the planned episodes.

Everything comes full circle

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
This game is the gift that keeps on giving .
(click to show/hide)

I wouldn't get too excited. I'm expecting something really dumb.

Kind of like that optional boss, or that ending reward Cox hinted to/promised.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
It might simply be as simple as Victor appearing in future media. Along with the likes of Gabriel as cameos, or whatever
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Trevelyan

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Remember Cox is adament about no more DLC in interviews so I wouldn't get hopes up for anything more. 

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Remember Cox is adament about no more DLC in interviews so I wouldn't get hopes up for anything more.
* From MercurySteam.

This all goes well with Bergaron's leaks (Oh how I miss him)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
so has cox or anybody confirmed yet that the next franchise mercurysteam is gonna destroy is Contra?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
so has cox or anybody confirmed yet that the next franchise mercurysteam is gonna destroy is Contra?
I don't know why I have the little thorn in my toe that it will be Silent Hill. But yep, 70% probability of Contra.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
If they so much as touch Contra, I need someone supervising them with some legit Contra fan credit, like CV Dungeon's old founder and Contra HQ webmaster, Kurt K. Honestly, if you're not going to be true to core Contra elements as you try to update it, then it might as well be a new franchise. I am jumping the gun, but I am speaking based on what happened with LoS and Castlevania.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:06:28 PM by RichterB »

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
It seems Konami doesn't care much about Contra now, so if it dies c/o Mercury Steam, what can we do...

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
If they reboot Contra, I hope they update the damn formula and get with the times.

I'm talking cover-based third person shooter that focuses on tactical, squad-based play rather than all this jump and shoot nonsense. Hopefully they include online multiplayer as well.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I actually think Contra could work as a third person shooter. Make it something like the inFamous series except mission based and not open world. You can still have shooting running and jumping through crazy environments and still have the focus be on all of the crazy kinds of guns you can obtain.

Also, you character still has to flip backwards suddenly upon any and all deaths, with that same sound effect.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I was actually being completely sarcastic.

If MercurySteam is going to tackle Contra, I'd like for them to at least attempt to translate the frenetic, bullet-hell combat that made the original so exciting. If I'm not dodging bullets, then it's not Contra. That about defines the series, along with maybe aliens. I care more about the bullet-hellness than I do the aliens, though.

If they can do it in 3D, fine, the more power to them, but considering the precision those games require, I have to imagine that a 3D version wouldn't be as good as a 2D version.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I was actually being completely sarcastic.

I know you were. That is why I said "I actually think", implying that I understood that you did not.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I know you were. That is why I said "I actually think", implying that I understood that you did not.

Ah, got it. My mistake.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Isn't  vanquish kind of like a frenetic 3ps woth a quick pave?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

anything