Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406059 times)

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Vanquish is an excellent 3rd person shooter that was also going to have a pretty in depth melee system put in it, but it ended up getting cut.

It takes a lot to get the most out of it through, more than I was ever willing to put into it. But supposedly through the technique of dashing, slowing time, and something to do with canceling reload animations somehow you can basically just keep moving and shooting nonstop all the time.

I never understood or even attempted to learn how to work cancels into the combat that just seemed way over my head for a third person shooter, which typically isn't my favored genre to begin with.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Mirror of Fate comes out on Steam in 3 days at $15, $10 now with the sale.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Mirror of Fate is totally worth $10. That is an excellent deal.

Offline Dracul_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Which is the track of the Vic Belmont fight?

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
https://twitter.com/Enric_Alvarez/status/448438076181057536

There you have it, folks. The reason why the VK can all of a sudden kill Satan. I really would have liked an entry for the VK once Gabriel acquires it again. A single log book entry explaining how the Combat Cross from the first game suddenly turned into "the most powerful symbol of God's power" from when Gabe breaks it to when Zobek reconstructs it would have been nice.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

There you have it, folks. The reason why the VK can all of a sudden kill Satan. I really would have liked an entry for the VK once Gabriel acquires it again. A single log book entry explaining how the Combat Cross from the first game suddenly turned into "the most powerful symbol of God's power" from when Gabe breaks it to when Zobek reconstructs it would have been nice.
So, Vampire Killer can kill Satan because... it just COULD! LOL! And Satan can die by being staked through the heart because... he's a VAMPIRE? Though, why stake him through the heart(which IS a means to kill vampires)? Why not shove the shit into his forehead? It just, meh. No more Satan in the CV series. Keep Dracula the main evil personified. If there is a Satan, make him more abstract a concept, like Chaos, just a primordial essence of evil, not a figurehead(like Dracula).

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)

Goddammit. Alvarez is such a shitty writer.

I swear, he had help on the first two games. This is just awful.

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Imagine my surprise when Gabriel finally reacquires the VK after killing Zobek, and there's no log book entry about it. For such an important plot point, and the thing Gabe's been trying to get from the start, there should have been something about it. The Mirror of Fate, which was far less significant to the plot in comparison even got its own page. Why couldn't this literally god-modded new Vampire Killer get the same treatment? Bad writing or not, this should have been in the game.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
the stake attachment wasnt even on it anymore but he still used it to stab him

ok fine, alvarez says the combat cross can kill zobek, stan, etc holy relic=destroy evil beings... but zobek is still easily destroyed with the void sword, an evil relic destroying a evil being

and how in the hell could zobek, the "lord of the dead," be capable of reconstructing "the most powerful symbol of God's power?" he shouldnt even be able to touch it without disintegrating amirite?

not much makes sense in the cv universe, but that is just dumb & couldve been EASILY rectified otherwise, really

and i still woulda preferred Dracula biting Stan & feeding on him till the last drop instead of him just lolstabbing him & hes dead
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 03:18:00 PM by crisis »

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
the stake attachment wasnt even on it anymore but he still used it to stab him

ok fine, alvarez says the combat cross can kill zobek, stan, etc holy relic=destroy evil beings... but zobek is still easily destroyed with the void sword, an evil relic destroying a evil being

and how in the hell could zobek, the "lord of the dead," be capable of reconstructing "the most powerful symbol of God's power?" he shouldnt even be able to touch it without disintegrating amirite?

not much makes sense in the cv universe, but that is just dumb & couldve been EASILY rectified otherwise, really

and i still woulda preferred Dracula biting Stan & feeding on him till the last drop instead of him just lolstabbing him & hes dead

Insert "Zobek's connection to his counterpart in heaven prevents him from being affected by holy artifacts" as a reason and it's just a slippery slope from there.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So, Vampire Killer can kill Satan because... it just COULD! LOL! And Satan can die by being staked through the heart because... he's a VAMPIRE? Though, why stake him through the heart(which IS a means to kill vampires)? Why not shove the shit into his forehead? It just, meh. No more Satan in the CV series. Keep Dracula the main evil personified. If there is a Satan, make him more abstract a concept, like Chaos, just a primordial essence of evil, not a figurehead(like Dracula).

I second this (the bold part). When I think in Satan in a videogame (or Lucifer, or Devil, or whatever other name) I think in the MAIN enemy of all good. Since the first LoS, I see his incursion as a little forced. But, with his "death" in the second game, who will be the main antagonist of the "continuity" of the series? And I mention this, ´cause of the "death" of Zobek.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I also liked the concept of Chaos as being nothing more than a glorified power battery for the old Dracula. One that Soma himself shattered in AoS. Man, that was satisfying. Back to LoS. In terms of having a main antagonist, I think Dracula ends up fulfilling that role. According to Cox, Dracula goes on to become the ruler of humanity after the ending. I guess it makes him a not as bad evil as Satan ruling the world, but the post-LoS2 world of castlevania must be an absolutely terrible place to live in now. Alucard needed to have staked Gabriel and himself to leave mankind to its own devices and break the cycle of fate imposed upon them.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
i have beef with Cox saying "dracula now rules planet earth." that doesnt make sense at all, since he reconciled with Alucard, who is a good guy & defends humanity. so are we expecting that Alucard would just stand by his side as he rules earth? or alucard just wont do nothing to stop him, which is equally as evil & contradicts his entire character

"i forgive you dad & you also forgave yourself for what you've done, we worked together to destroy the embodiment of evil. now that we're free & have gone through our character arcs, you wanna rule earth & humanity, so now we must be enemies again" how retarded does that sound? did they just make this up as they go along?

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
i have beef with Cox saying "dracula now rules planet earth." that doesnt make sense at all, since he reconciled with Alucard, who is a good guy & defends humanity. so are we expecting that Alucard would just stand by his side as he rules earth? or alucard just wont do nothing to stop him, which is equally as evil & contradicts his entire character

"i forgive you dad & you also forgave yourself for what you've done, we worked together to destroy the embodiment of evil. now that we're free & have gone through our character arcs, you wanna rule earth & humanity, so now we must be enemies again" how retarded does that sound? did they just make this up as they go along?

For that reason mainly, I really expects that we seen the end for the Lords of Shadow Saga... I can´t imagine a new LoS game with Dracula (at least) as the antagonist and Alucard as the new hero. The most absurd plot would be that Zobek and Satan didn´t die, just stay out of the line. With Zobek I would accept, but with Satan...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Somacula

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Not exactly the reply I was hoping for... https://twitter.com/Enric_Alvarez/status/448743937189359616  :-\