Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406200 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I meant that it reminded me of Dracula's 2nd form from other games, not that I thought it was Dracula. :P
Which game? The most he's turned to was a dragon(N64 game). The closest I can think of is the last form in SotN, which had a lot of heads(though it was kinda his throne). Most of the other CVs, Dracula's either a large demon(majority of CVs), a giant head(Haunted Castle), a possessed Portrait(Vampire Killer), a skull-headed vampire(CV2, SCV4), with some others as well.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
dont 4get the multi-headed dragon in this artworks

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
dont 4get the multi-headed dragon in this artworks

Original canon Drac was it's version of "the Devil". Dracula, the name, itself had dual meanings given Christian lore. The "dragon" IS the "devil". Original CV Dracula used more of the demonic symbolism(he even used demons as his minions), LoS used more of the dragon symbolism.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 09:33:30 AM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline NagoriyukiSlayer

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Guys, as for the whole multi-headed dragon deal, I don't believe that it's necessarily the Devil himself. The "seven heads, ten horns, ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy" description is supposed to be symbolic of the government that the Antichrist ushers in. If you already knew that, ignore the last sentence. Not that Satan couldn't have transformed into a form that fits that description, I suppose.

As for the concept art, I think it was on NeoGAF or GameFAQs that it was revealed by some source that Dave Cox had said that the supposed "dragon form" of Satan in the LOS2 artbook was supposed to be an early concept for the Leviathan.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Guys, as for the whole multi-headed dragon deal, I don't believe that it's necessarily the Devil himself. The "seven heads, ten horns, ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy" description is supposed to be symbolic of the government that the Antichrist ushers in. If you already knew that, ignore the last sentence. Not that Satan couldn't have transformed into a form that fits that description, I suppose.

As for the concept art, I think it was on NeoGAF or GameFAQs that it was revealed by some source that Dave Cox had said that the supposed "dragon form" of Satan in the LOS2 artbook was supposed to be an early concept for the Leviathan.
If that's so, I would've liked THAT design MORE than the one we got. It almost felt like they were inspired by FFX's Sin.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
This is nothing new, but since the only other video is a TV capture with a videocamera, I figured I'd record it ingame

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR0M5TTnT7o

Side note: Armored+Dark Dracula looks schway as fuck. I might do that NG+ PoD difficulty run eventually with it. I might even record it if anyone would care to watch me get my ass handed to me by giant monsters. I'm wholly expecting the big guns to show up right out the Gate with this.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:08:33 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
One thing I did like plot-wise was the Satan was actually afraid of Dracula, and feared his wrath and power. But when you hit those Golgoth guards, it seems so strange to think Satan is afraid of this rat king.  :P
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Side note: Armored+Dark Dracula looks schway as fuck.

+1 for the batman reference

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
One thing I did like plot-wise was the Satan was actually afraid of Dracula, and feared his wrath and power. But when you hit those Golgoth guards, it seems so strange to think Satan is afraid of this rat king.  :P
Agreed. there was potential in that. Despite the ending being shit, it was actually fairly satisfying to see Satan run like a bitch at the thought of Dracul impaling Alucard to kill him.

Also, I like how Satan still calls him Gabriel. To satan he still is Gabriel, the same guy. Only he's now slightly stronger. And not quite as forgiving or "good"
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
1 thing i did like was the fact that in this universe, despite being evil (although the term "evil" is being used loosely in this case), Dracula doesnt get along with neither God OR Satan. i thought that was pretty cool

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards

Isn't it obvious?

According to MS logic those guards could kick Satan's ass as well as his strongest acolytes ass.

There pretty much the strongest thing in the LOS universe given how easily they can pwn Garbriel even after regaining all of his power.

As I've said many times, those guards should have only been used at the beginning of the game, using them afterwards was so dumb considering Gabriel later in the game was beating Acolytes who should be above those guards.

But that would have taken away from the stealth aspects they where intent on including so f&*k logic!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:37:29 PM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
classic canon has "should-be-weaker-but-are-stronger" enemies as well. recall the giant floating skulls in the reverse castle in symphony, they literally cant be destroyed by any attack. & the blood skeletons, they will revive no matter what u do to them

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
classic canon has "should-be-weaker-but-are-stronger" enemies as well. recall the giant floating skulls in the reverse castle in symphony, they literally cant be destroyed by any attack. & the blood skeletons, they will revive no matter what u do to them

Vaguely similar at best, and unlike the guards in LOS they can't pwn you faster than the actual final boss.

They merely have far more durability than Dracula, not power.

While LOS2 guards have the power and durability that puts them above the actual final boss battle with Satan.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
This is just justified by gameplay. We already had this conversation like three times.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
This is just justified by gameplay. We already had this conversation like three times.

3 times you say, wonder where I was at, but point me to the the page please.